Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-16 22:43:10, last edited by Offensive Ray (2018-03-17 08:51:33)

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

Popups, commands and tabs idea.

Got some points to say about popups:

- Winning popup is useless, if I want to like the level I could do it through the like down, you don't have to tell us when we win, just write it in the chat, if I want to subscribe the crew I could just go to the crew and do it.
- Add a small popup at the bottom left in case a friend came online (This would be optional, you can close it if you want)
- When you leave your own world give a popup if it wasn't saved (Are you sure that you want to leave without saving?)
- Include how much did your energy became after winning a campaign level, same for gems in a popup above.
- Include how much did your energy became after getting a magical coin in the popup above.

And I guess these commands would help in game:

/Showedit - To show the players that have edit in case you gave edit to many players.
/Showgod - To show the players that have godmode in case you gave godmode to many players.
/Removeedit All - Removes edit from everyone.
/Removegod All - Removes godmode from everyone.
/Teleport All <the position you want> - Teleports all players to 1 position.
/Backup - If you cleared the world and saved as wrong, the data will be saved until the owner leaves, so if you write /Backup you can get your world back.

I think that instead of going to many tabs on your web, you can have many tabs in the same page, each tab will say where you are, like if you were in the lobby it'll say Lobby, or if you were in a world it'll say the world name.
Opening many tabs at the same time could make a terrible lag to the game, so tabs in-game would be better I think.

Collab worlds - It was suggested before by Slabdrill here
-It was on commands but I think it'd be more suitable if it was without a crew if it's a small work for two.

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2018-03-16 23:00:24

Guest.

Re: Popups, commands and tabs idea.

Oray wrote:

- Winning popup is useless, if I want to like the level I could do it through the like down, you don't have to tell us when we win, just write it in the chat, if I want to subscribe the crew I could just go to the crew and do it.
- Add a small popup at the bottom left in case a friend came online (This would be optional, you can close it if you want)
- When you leave your own world give a popup if it wasn't saved (Are you sure that you want to leave without saving?)

good

Oray wrote:

- Include how much did your energy became after winning a campaign level, same for gems in a popup above.
- Include how much did your energy became after getting a magical coin in the popup above.

why

Oray wrote:

/Collab <username> - It makes the world for 2 players instead of having a crew, because crew is kinda meanless in case you create a world with only 1 member.

play by the rules. they aren't going to make a basically free crew just because only 1 extra person wants to "collab"

Oray wrote:

/Showedit - To show the players that have edit in case you gave edit to many players.
/Showgod - To show the players that have godmode in case you gave godmode to many players.

good

Oray wrote:

/Backup - If you cleared the world and saved as wrong, the data will be saved until the owner leaves, so if you write /Backup you can get your world back.

good but saving system is painful enough already, backups are just going to bash the server's knees in

Wooted by:

#3 2018-03-16 23:09:04

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

Jet wrote:
Oray wrote:

why

Players might want to know how much energy or gems did they get to after they won a campaign or got a magical coin.

Jet wrote:
Oray wrote:

/Collab <username> - It makes the world for 2 players instead of having a crew, because crew is kinda meanless in case you create a world with only 1 member.

play by the rules. they aren't going to make a basically free crew just because only 1 extra person wants to "collab"

I don't like the crew idea in case 2 wanted to create a world together, maybe giving a message "Would you like to buy a world with <username>?" would be better, each will pay the world's price + collab fee which will be like (10% x the world's main prize)

Wooted by:

#4 2018-03-16 23:18:38, last edited by LukeM (2018-03-16 23:20:01)

LukeM
Website

Jet wrote:
Oray wrote:

This isnt what crews are for though, its just a workaround to give another person to get some owner permissions on a world...
I think crews should only be for actual crews (groups of people that often play the game together), rather than just small one time projects, as this both means its common to reach the limit of the number of crews you can join, so you cant join any others, and means that (imo) crews no longer promote collaberation like they used to

Wooted by:

#5 2018-03-16 23:26:59

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Most of those commands are too complex.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#6 2018-03-16 23:27:03

Guest.

Oray wrote:

I don't like the crew idea in case 2 wanted to create a world together, maybe giving a message "Would you like to buy a world with <username>?" would be better, each will pay the world's price + collab fee which will be like (10% x the world's main prize)

this could also be applied to crews with more than 2 people though. no point in wasting the system for it

#7 2018-03-17 01:59:13, last edited by Xfrogman43 (2018-03-17 04:58:05)

Xfrogman43

N1KF wrote:

Most of those commands are too complex.

Oray wrote:

/Showedit - To show the players that have edit in case you gave edit to many players. not complex
/Showgod - To show the players that have godmode in case you gave godmode to many players. not complex
/Removeedit All - Removes edit from everyone. not complex
/Removegod All - Removes godmode from everyone. not complex
/Collab <username> - It makes the world for 2 players instead of having a crew, because crew is kinda meanless in case you create a world with only 1 member. would just be like having a crew, just add a single member (not complex)
/Teleport All <the position you want> - Teleports all players to 1 position. not complex
/Backup - If you cleared the world and saved as wrong, the data will be saved until the owner leaves, so if you write /Backup you can get your world back. complex, agree with jet

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#8 2018-03-17 02:17:48

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Those commands alone might not be complex, but when stacked on top of what we already have they clutter the game even more. This game didn't need a /collab or a /showgod years ago and it doesn't need them now.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#9 2018-03-17 02:21:38

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

N1KF wrote:

Those commands alone might not be complex, but when stacked on top of what we already have they clutter the game even more. This game didn't need a /collab or a /showgod years ago and it doesn't need them now.

This game didn't need a crew system years ago and it doesn't need them now.
Now, a collab system, on the other hand...

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2018-03-17 08:49:19

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

Slabdrill wrote:
N1KF wrote:

This game didn't need a crew system years ago and it doesn't need them now.
Now, a collab system, on the other hand...

I've seen that in a topic before, didn't remember which topic was it, I liked the idea so, thanks for saying it was your topic.
I'll credit you though.

#11 2018-03-17 16:34:18

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Oray wrote:

no
if i won i want to feel special and see a big popup

Oray wrote:

maybe, yes

Oray wrote:

maybe, yes

Oray wrote:

why would this be necessary
just look at the campaign rewards in menu/magic coin notification in chat and do the simple math

Oray wrote:

yes

Oray wrote:

maybe, but for removeedit all you can just change the edit code in world settings

Oray wrote:

maybe

Oray wrote:

no just no

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#12 2018-03-17 18:48:19

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

TaskManager wrote:
Oray wrote:

no
if i won i want to feel special and see a big popup

Oray wrote:

maybe, yes

Oray wrote:

maybe, yes

Oray wrote:

why would this be necessary
just look at the campaign rewards in menu/magic coin notification in chat and do the simple math

Oray wrote:

yes

Oray wrote:

maybe, but for removeedit all you can just change the edit code in world settings

Oray wrote:

maybe

Oray wrote:

no just no

How about making these commands optional? Choosing if you want them or not in your own settings tab?
Including energy would tell you how much energy you've got if you don't know already how much you got, and if you wanna know how much they get to, it can be optional too.
Why is /backup wrong? I've cleared a level and saved it as wrong before.. I thought I was writing /loadlevel but instead I've written /save.. That's the reason of it.

#13 2018-03-17 19:22:26

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Oray wrote:

How about making these commands optional? Choosing if you want them or not in your own settings tab?

dude what
if i dont want them i just wont type them in the chat
its the difficulty of implementation that is the problem for some of them

Oray wrote:

Including energy would tell you how much energy you've got if you don't know already how much you got, and if you wanna know how much they get to, it can be optional too.

??? what
just look at your energy in the lobby and subtract the reward from campaign/magic

Oray wrote:

Why is /backup wrong? I've cleared a level and saved it as wrong before..

the save system is retarded enough already and we dont want to store 2 copies per each world. if you need backups, using eeditor is the best way of achieving that

Oray wrote:

I thought I was writing /loadlevel but instead I've written /save..

it takes quite some effort to do a stupid mistake like that. lets say i accidentally /clear&/saved all of my worlds. the game can't make up for all stupid mistakes and decisions made by users

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#14 2018-03-17 19:24:51, last edited by LukeM (2018-03-17 19:27:25)

LukeM
Website

Oray wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Why is /backup wrong? I've cleared a level and saved it as wrong before.. I thought I was writing /loadlevel but instead I've written /save.. That's the reason of it.

Optional commands is rather pointless, as if you dont want to use them youre free to just not use them //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
As for the energy thing: If you finish a campaign youre almost always going to go back to lobby anyway, so you would find out how much energy you have then. If you got a magic coin, it doesnt really matter what your max energy is as theres no point at which you can do something you previously couldnt, and iirc magic coins can only completely refill your energy, so that would be unneccesary too.
With the backup thing I guess you would want it to work a bit like an /undosave command, which would mean that you would need to have three copies of the world, one previous save, one current save, and one live world, which although it would be possible, it would be difficult, slow, and messy to do...

Edit:

TaskManager wrote:
Oray wrote:

Why is /backup wrong? I've cleared a level and saved it as wrong before..

the save system is retarded enough already and we dont want to store 2 copies per each world. if you need backups, using eeditor is the best way of achieving that

If it only worked while the world was online, this would probably be fine, as it could be in memory instead of saved in the database. The problem is if you want the backup to last between instances, which would probably be impossible

Wooted by:
LukeM1521311091699469

Board footer