Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-14 19:57:09, last edited by Aoitenshi (2017-06-15 04:06:58)

Aoitenshi

Campaigns and Player Sustainability

To be honest, what the game needs right now isn't UnitEE, it's to release campaigns more often in a regular schedule and lower quality standards if needed. It will give newer players an implication that the developers are saying: "Yes, we are adding more levels to campaigns and yours could be next if it's good enough."

Creativity is what sustains this game at its very core, therefore the game should incite this creativity more often to allow newer players/builders a chance to be acknowledged. Releasing a monthly campaign is a good start for this. You can allow more kinds of campaign, such as a campaign for (good) series. Or, to lower down the quality bar for the campaign if you have to, the current bar is set too high and, right now, even some quality maps didn't make it in since campaigns are only released once in every blue moon.

I actually mentioned about this game to my lecturer, what they suggested was to sustain the creativity via contest or anything that will get them inspired. This would ensure newer players are sustained more, because the last time EE had a player rush it was from the move of ownership from Mrshoe to Nou, Kongregate player count racked up from 10-20 to 50-60 daily for a few weeks, but now it falls back to 10-20 since that was all the game has to offer. "Even if I make great stuff it wouldn't really mean anything anyway, they barely ever add a campaign, much less mine," is what they would think.

See, the reason people make levels in this game is because they want other people to play their levels. A campaign is also a great way of getting players to play their levels. Therefore, builders will always aim to get their levels in a campaign, because builders want their levels played. If the campaign system only releases very few campaigns a year, this is already a glaring message to the wanting builders which says "We don't need your world, now shoo," and would strip these creators any reasons to make new levels.

Which would inhibit their creativity.
Which would mean less new levels in EE.
Which would mean less interesting things in EE.
Which would mean less player sustainability in EE.

Which all boils down to inhibiting the very core that sustains EE: Creativity. If EE wants to grow, it needs to embrace its core first, otherwise even if it's a big hit on Unity it will shrink down to the same population next month, as it had already happened in Kongregate back then.

#2 2017-06-14 20:14:38

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Campaigns and Player Sustainability

I'd argue that the release of Unity would be better.

But yeah, once that's done, campaign please!
Or you know, have weekly featured levels... actually use that maybe? No? Okay.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#3 2017-06-14 20:40:13

Luka504

Even if I make great stuff it wouldn't really mean anything anyway, they barely ever add a campaign, much less mine," is what they would think.

This.... oh boy this...
I'm probably writing this since im really salty since one of my worlds have yet to be featured in a campaign, however i do have to mention i do know a few people who make really good/fun levels yet never get featured in a campaign because they get overlooked by the staff.
The vibe i get from the mods regarding which worlds they choose is: Add 50 worlds from Lictor / Kira / Some other famous person and add a few worlds from other players so people don't get suspicious.
Despite the fact that i mostly make my worlds just to simply let my creativity loose and to give people fun easy worlds to enjoy, i have still grown rather envious to campaign worlds, especially after the release of PPF campaign, which basically just spat on the faces of people who want to be a part of a campaign.
I have contacted a staff member about this issue and they basically said: The reason we don't pick those worlds is because they don't fit in with any of our campaign ideas/difficulty. Once we decide on a new campaign idea then we pick the worlds we consider best
Tl;dr We don't care about those worlds. We just pick the ones that look the nicest.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2017-06-14 20:59:07

Sensei1

The idea of having weekly featured worlds or something similar sounds nicer to me. I just kinda feel campaigns start to lose their meaning if there's too many of them...

Also to give player more motivation to build, there could be some sort of builder awards. If their world gets featured they could get some sort of badge to their profile or something. An offical voting for the years best world, art world, builder, minimaker, etc could be nice too.
People like money, fame and competing! That's why so many great worlds get built during contests.

#5 2017-06-15 00:00:16

skullz17

I definitely agree that the best way to sustain EE is by encouraging new and interesting levels. However, I agree with sensei in that featured worlds would be better than monthly campaigns. 1. as sensei said, campaigns lose their meaning., 2. they take a lot more work.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#6 2017-06-15 00:07:54

Kirby

i talked to one of the staff about it, and they said they dont really want to add more campaigns just because of all the hackers that have been cheating campaigns lately.

but like who cares just dont add stupid hard campaigns or gem prizes and youll be fine.

also, if ideas are a problem, i may be able to help with that . . . . . . .

#7 2017-06-15 00:28:02

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

hey i forgot what made unity great

it kinda just seems like a distant figure of that really cool statue that you've read so much text about you forgot what it looked like

#8 2017-06-15 00:43:06

LukeM
Website

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

hey i forgot what made unity great

it kinda just seems like a distant figure of that really cool statue that you've read so much text about you forgot what it looked like

It's basically a reason to rewrite a load of the code to make it more efficient, plus move away from flash which is slowly dying
Also it means EE could become a steam game, which opens it to a wider audience

Wooted by:

#9 2017-06-15 05:37:11

John

destroyer123 wrote:

<snip>
rewrite <snop> to make it more efficient

This

I was a beta tester for EEUnity and it ran so smoothly. I really hope the new(ish) team kicks it into high gear.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by: (2)

#10 2017-06-16 02:18:19

Onjit
Website

What about Daily Challenges?

:.|:;

#11 2017-06-16 06:43:15

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

I like the ideas of weekly feats, but every week is too often and gives a little time really, so maybe bump it to monthly features, seems more meaningful to have it be a month rather than a week just in case someone is on a mini-holiday for a week or two they will find time to check out the feats of the month!

And as for the campaigns, I think that they should rarely be added for like a treat to the players maybe 1 or 2 campaigns a year or switch it up and have 1 campaign and 1 competition each year, therefore adds more variety and less pressure on making more campaigns!

#12 2017-06-16 23:01:50, last edited by Abelysk (2017-06-16 23:03:07)

Abelysk

Kirby wrote:

i talked to one of the staff about it, and they said they dont really want to add more campaigns just because of all the hackers that have been cheating campaigns lately.

but like who cares just dont add stupid hard campaigns or gem prizes and youll be fine.

also, if ideas are a problem, i may be able to help with that . . . . . . .

I don't get why cheaters are an issue. Sure they make people jealous, but that's all they do... now if they hack EE accounts and stuff, that's a problem. If they're just getting game advantages then it's not serious enough to postpone campaign development IMO.

I just think EE needs a group of creative individuals (let's call them Campaign Moderators) who locate levels for campaigns and stitch them together, and ship those levels off to the admins who quickly whip up a campaign for the levels.

In case something like the above were to ever occur, I'd love to assist you guys in finding levels.

#13 2017-06-16 23:31:28

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Luka504 wrote:

don't fit in with any of our campaign ideas/difficulty

For anyone wondering, their ideas are holidays/seasons and the difficulty is hard as ****.

Discord: jawp#5123

#14 2018-02-20 22:52:44

bgic

John wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

<snip>
rewrite <snop> to make it more efficient

This

I was a beta tester for EEUnity and it ran so smoothly. I really hope the new(ish) team kicks it into high gear.

This

guys help how to mark all new posts as read?

nvm found it lol

bgic1519163564696342

Board footer