Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2018-01-15 16:12:04

Saint-14
Formerly The Armamentarium

Re: [Official] Fanboy Discussion

If you're just gonna release both Fanboy I and Fanboy II, then just release it alongside Pumpkin, Lit Pumpkin, Bunny and Chick.

Wooted by: (2)

#102 2018-01-15 16:19:07

peace

Saint-14 wrote:

If you're just gonna release both Fanboy I and Fanboy II, then just release it alongside Pumpkin, Lit Pumpkin, Bunny and Chick.

yes i would like these smileys too but they are contest smiley as im sure and why you dont include artist smiley?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#103 2018-01-15 16:59:44

Blackmask

yes and release superman too

#104 2018-01-15 17:15:00

Bluecloud

No, I suggest you release a new fanboy each year and not release previous ones so people have had them from before keep them and no one else gets them making them special
Also to keep not everyone getting it make it only give out a certain amount a year

P.S. This is what i think i understand if others dont like this idea

goodbye ee, i'll miss you

#105 2018-01-15 18:08:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Just sayin', I hate all forms of limited time or only achievable once content. In my opinion, all previously obtainable magic coin smileys should be seasonal magic coins based on their theme eg. pumpkins available during October, bunny during the Easter period. Classics are okay I guess since they are obtainable but the concept of classics were mainly introduced to milk more money out of the game. This part of my opinion will probably be more unpopular, but I also think contests should have standardised prizes rather than unique ones. Painter/graphics smileys should be given out in all artistic based competitions and there should be set trophy blocks instead of a new look for each competition. I can understand why contest content would be unique though.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#106 2018-01-15 18:23:09

hummerz5

^ to contrast this, I kinda like the idea of being special with my fancy fanboy smiley which I think I have.

Though my opinion is moot given how often I play but I digress

#107 2018-01-15 19:29:57

MadMagnum

Don't compare fanboy to superman, fanboy is a smiley common players can get by doing something for the game to prove that you're a fan, you get rewarded accordingly. Superman is clearly an admin only smiley, some people may complain they made it to "feel special". They develop the game and fix it sure they can have a special smiley for themselves. You do something to earn every smiley, win contest for pumpkin, do artwork for fanboy2, they develop the game and get superman along with it. And we are talking about getting fanboy back in the way it was before, sending a postcard not just "getting it". Contest smileys can be rewarded again if you earn them in contests.

Dxj7UW2.png

Thank you HG for the signature!

My name in-game is FUNNYBORIS845

#108 2018-01-15 20:23:56, last edited by ZeldaXD (2018-01-15 20:33:32)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

MadMagnum wrote:

Don't compare fanboy to superman, fanboy is a smiley common players can get by doing something for the game to prove that you're a fan, you get rewarded accordingly. Superman is clearly an admin only smiley, some people may complain they made it to "feel special". They develop the game and fix it sure they can have a special smiley for themselves. You do something to earn every smiley, win contest for pumpkin, do artwork for fanboy2, they develop the game and get superman along with it. And we are talking about getting fanboy back in the way it was before, sending a postcard not just "getting it". Contest smileys can be rewarded again if you earn them in contests.

Those of us with Fanboy I have been playing this game for 7-8 years. Contest smileys (bunny, bird, pumpkin) were last given 8-6 years ago. If you want to prove you're a fan you can get Fanboy II or III or IV or whatever. If you honestly think having Fanboy I makes you more of a fan than if you had Fanboy II then it's your problem.
PS: I'm pretty sure you can buy Fanboy I for 100k gems or so.

gLjTZE1.png

#109 2018-01-15 20:32:40

MadMagnum

ZeldaXD wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

Those of us with Fanboy I have been playing this game for 7-8 years. Contest smileys (bunny, bird, pumpkin) were last given 8-6 years ago. If you want to prove you're a fan you can get Fanboy II or III or IV or whatever. If you honestly think having Fanboy I makes you more of a fan than if you had Fanboy II then it's your problem.

Once again with the old players are more valuable, i have been playing for 7-8 as well (not on this account though). I responded to Saint saying that there is no problem if they released the contest smileys again as long as you earn them the same way you did before. Fanboy I does make you more of a fan since you're doing more for it as minimania said. You've been really hardcore with not releasing the Fanboy I just because you have it and others don't. Please read emma333's latest post and azurepudding's reply to minimania. People want it.

Dxj7UW2.png

#110 2018-01-15 20:36:10, last edited by ZeldaXD (2018-01-15 20:53:19)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

MadMagnum wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

Once again with the old players are more valuable, i have been playing for 7-8 as well (not on this account though). I responded to Saint saying that there is no problem if they released the contest smileys again as long as you earn them the same way you did before. Fanboy I does make you more of a fan since you're doing more for it as minimania said. You've been really hardcore with not releasing the Fanboy I just because you have it and others don't. Please read emma333's latest post and azurepudding's reply to minimania. People want it.

I want superman and big spender, but I don't have them, I don't need them, they're mere cosmetic aspects of the game that don't affect you at all. What makes a smiley good and what makes people want to use it is not that it's well designed, the reason people use some smileys and not others is because they think they're rare. Some people want it, some people don't want it, too bad. I wasn't there when Bitcoin was worth 1$, too bad, it's not the end of the world.

The "oh noes smileys are dividing the community!!!" argument is stupid as hell, they're mere cosmetic things and they don't affect your gameplay at all. We have exclusive smileys because we all like to feel like special snowflakes, that's all. You'll eventually get your special snowflake smiley too, don't worry. People are not leaving the game because smileys are dividing the community or whatever you want to make up to explain why the game is dying, in fact I believe this is done to avoid addressing the real issues of the game. The community has NOTHING to do with why the game is dying. The community has been FURTHER divided in the past, and it just happens these times when the community was divided the most they were the times with the highest amount of players, yes, I'm talking about the CHAT and NON-CHAT division. Or the BETA and NON-BETA division (because let's be honest here mate, nobody bought beta to "support the game", they bought it because they wanted early-access, the beta smileys and the beta blocks, same case with big spender: people buy it because they want it to feel special, not because they want to support the game), or now the NON-SUPERMAN and SUPERMAN division considering by now pretty much half of the game has been staff (and ex-staff get to keep superman as I've seen, lolwut, this also proves you don't get superman by "developing" the game, because I wouldn't consider moderating a bunch of messages from 80 people tops as "developing").

I'm going to highlight the following to make sure the staff reads it:
You want to address why the game is dying? It's because Flash is a zombie and it's going to die in 2 years, the code of the game is also so bad it makes the game unplayable for many people. These are REAL problems, not some **** community division because of muh smileys. Hurry up going away from Flash, because in 2 years it'll be too late.

gLjTZE1.png

#111 2018-01-15 20:54:22

MadMagnum

Moderating is more effort than sending a postcard and you don't do it just once like for the fanboy, they deserve it, too. Big Spender is AVAILABLE and you can buy it. I have the postman smiley which isn't available last time i checked but i know someone would want it and it should be released again. I remember getting beta when pretty much no one cared if you had it or not and i was still very happy to finally get it since the smileys are cool and i like to have them. Sure rarity makes you like them some more but design is pretty important and fanboy 1 looks awesome.

Dxj7UW2.png

#112 2018-01-15 21:06:27

Latif

azurepudding wrote:

this is gonna sound really mean but don't you think that's selfish of you?  You want it to yourself, you do not want others being able to enjoy it as well.  Finding out about the game before others should not mean you get this special entitlement.  This is not a good way to welcome new players to the game, by locking them away from content for simply not finding out about EE earlier.

Uhh yes of course?! Having something cool what nobody else has is fun //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile I know it sounds selfish, but this is my opinion.

#113 2018-01-15 21:35:19

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

MadMagnum wrote:

Moderating is more effort than sending a postcard and you don't do it just once like for the fanboy, they deserve it, too. Big Spender is AVAILABLE and you can buy it. I have the postman smiley which isn't available last time i checked but i know someone would want it and it should be released again. I remember getting beta when pretty much no one cared if you had it or not and i was still very happy to finally get it since the smileys are cool and i like to have them. Sure rarity makes you like them some more but design is pretty important and fanboy 1 looks awesome.

Fanboy and superman (and many others) are AVAILABLE too in the shop. The postman smiley is already setup http://beta.everybodyedits.com/newsletter01 but it's broken, it's not exclusive, it only needs to be fixed by staff. "Fanboy looks awesome", it's just a //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile smiley with glasses. It doesn't look "awesome", there are far more awesome smileys, you just like it because it's rare, let's accept it and move on.

gLjTZE1.png

#114 2018-01-15 21:56:56

azurepudding

ZeldaXD wrote:

I want superman and big spender, but I don't have them, I don't need them, they're mere cosmetic aspects of the game that don't affect you at all. What makes a smiley good and what makes people want to use it is not that it's well designed, the reason people use some smileys and not others is because they think they're rare. Some people want it, some people don't want it, too bad. I wasn't there when Bitcoin was worth 1$, too bad, it's not the end of the world.

So, special snowflakism.  The smiley is just the same if others have it.  It still looks literally the same..

ZeldaXD wrote:

The "oh noes smileys are dividing the community!!!" argument is stupid as hell, they're mere cosmetic things and they don't affect your gameplay at all.

Ok, agreed in the bold, so if it doesn't matter either way, might as well allow others to get them, right?  After all, they're merely cosmetic and don't effect gameplay at all. 

ZeldaXD wrote:

We have exclusive smileys because we all like to feel like special snowflakes, that's all. You'll eventually get your special snowflake smiley too, don't worry.

Do you know how pointless and redundant it is to have a new fanboy smiley every year? Why are you so against having the first two available in the same way they were originally? I find the "I need to feel special" argument to be what's truly ridiculous here.  Stop being so dang greedy.

ZeldaXD wrote:

People are not leaving the game because smileys are dividing the community or whatever you want to make up to explain why the game is dying, in fact I believe this is done to avoid addressing the real issues of the game. The community has NOTHING to do with why the game is dying. The community has been FURTHER divided in the past, and it just happens these times when the community was divided the most they were the times with the highest amount of players, yes, I'm talking about the CHAT and NON-CHAT division. Or the BETA and NON-BETA division (because let's be honest here mate, nobody bought beta to "support the game", they bought it because they wanted early-access, the beta smileys and the beta blocks, same case with big spender: people buy it because they want it to feel special, not because they want to support the game), or now the NON-SUPERMAN and SUPERMAN division considering by now pretty much half of the game has been staff (and ex-staff get to keep superman as I've seen, lolwut, this also proves you don't get superman by "developing" the game, because I wouldn't consider moderating a bunch of messages from 80 people tops as "developing").

I may have bought beta for the blocks, but I didn't need them to fulfill my insecurity of needing to feel special.  I have offered to help non-beta players with placing beta blocks in their world, and I'm sure many others have done the same as well.  And here's the flaw in your comparison, at the time Chat was AVAILABLE to all.  Beta is still available to all.  Fanboy is no longer available to all.  We simply want Fanboy available like it was originally, no freebies, no give aways. If you can go "oh well" to bitcoin and other things, why can't you just go "oh well" to others being able to obtain these smileys? And the community DEFINITELY plays a role in how successful the game is.  It's a SANDBOX game.  If no one makes levels, there are no levels to play.  The fanboy issue isn't the biggest problem with EE right now, it's a small one, but it is an issue.  And, honestly, this toxic mindset of treating older players with more value than newer ones, is an even bigger issue with EE.  We do not need people like this here.

ZeldaXD wrote:

I'm going to highlight the following to make sure the staff reads it:
You want to address why the game is dying? It's because Flash is a zombie and it's going to die in 2 years, the code of the game is also so bad it makes the game unplayable for many people. These are REAL problems, not some **** community division because of muh smileys. Hurry up going away from Flash, because in 2 years it'll be too late.

Agree with everything but the smiley part.  Just because some issues are bigger than others, doesn't make the small non-issues.

Azure2.png

#115 2018-01-15 22:02:45, last edited by ZeldaXD (2018-01-15 22:06:24)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

azurepudding wrote:

blahblahblahblah.

I repeat, Fanboy can be bought in shop, so if you're arguing that "it's okay because it can be bought in shop" your argument is rendered useless, since Fanboy can also be bought in the shop. The bold part was because I've seen people arguing in this thread that Fanboy should be released because IT'S DIVIDING THE COMMUNITY AND THAT'S WHY PEOPLE ARE LEAVING!! I'm not saying minor issues should be forgotten because there are bigger issues. And I could say the same to you, why do you care so much if we get to keep fanboy as something special? Greed goes both ways.

The community, the smileys, it's not what is making the game die. You want me to repeat the bold section to you? Look, it's something circular, people can't play the game, hence people leave, people leave, so worldmakers are not going to bother doing levels because you spend hours, days, weeks, months, years making world only for 5 people to play it, the lack of these quality levels make more people leave, repeating the circle, and the KEY here is the performance.

gLjTZE1.png

#116 2018-01-15 22:07:55

azurepudding

ZeldaXD wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

blahblahblahblah.

I repeat, Fanboy can be bought in shop, so if you're arguing that "it's okay because it can be bought in shop" your argument is rendered useless, since Fanboy can also be bought in the shop. The bold part was because I've seen people arguing in this thread that Fanboy should be released because IT'S DIVIDING THE COMMUNITY AND THAT'S WHY PEOPLE ARE LEAVING!! I'm not saying minor issues should be forgotten because there are bigger issues. And I could say the same to you, why do you care so much if we get to keep fanboy as something special? Greed goes both ways.

Fanboy in shop, what? No it's not.

I think if you took the time to read my posts, instead of skimming over, cherry-picking, and down right ignoring what I said, you may see that I have brought up EE's bigger issues, and that this isn't one of them.  It is, however, still an issue, so let's not play pretend here.

It's not greedy on my part because I don't even want to use it.  I just want others who desire it to have the chance to use it.  I'm not some insecure, selfish person.  I strongly believe in treating every player equally.  Why are you against that?

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#117 2018-01-15 22:11:50

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

azurepudding wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

blahblahblahblah.

I think if you took the time to read my posts, instead of skimming over, cherry-picking, and down right ignoring what I said, you may see that I have brought up EE's bigger issues, and that this isn't one of them.  It is, however, still an issue, so let's not play pretend here.

It's not greedy on my part because I don't even want to use it.  I just want others who desire it to have the chance to use it.  I'm not some insecure, selfish person.  I strongly believe in treating every player equally.  Why are you against that?

Fanboy is in the shop along with superman, witch and contest smileys, you'll need a bot and circa ten thousand gems to buy it, you're welcome. I'm not "cherry-picking" your post, there is just nothing substantial there. You're also selfish because you want to take away what some people have (exclusive smileys) only to have it for yourself too.

gLjTZE1.png

#118 2018-01-15 22:12:35

MadMagnum

ZeldaXD wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

Fanboy and superman (and many others) are AVAILABLE too in the shop. The postman smiley is already setup http://beta.everybodyedits.com/newsletter01 but it's broken, it's not exclusive, it only needs to
be fixed by staff. "Fanboy looks awesome", it's just a //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile smiley with glasses. It doesn't look "awesome", there are far more awesome smileys, you just like it because it's rare, let's accept it and move on.

How are you telling me what i like? I already said rarity does help but it looks awesome to me, ever heard of opinions or tastes? Shades smiley is just a :l smiley with some shades yet i still think its one of the coolest smileys in the game. They are pixelted so "just glasses" is actually quite a big change.  And how is superman/fanboy available in the shop? Emalton said the postman isn't available anymore, if its broken or intentionally stopped i don't know but it isn't available now. You don't want it available because you think you're "special" for having it and would rather want people to drool over your smiley for attention than give them the satisfaction of finally getting the smiley they wanted for (maybe) years. Let's accept THAT and move on.

Dxj7UW2.png

Wooted by:

#119 2018-01-15 22:15:12

azurepudding

ZeldaXD wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

blahblahblahblah.

Fanboy is in the shop along with superman, witch and contest smileys, you'll need a bot and circa ten thousand gems to buy it, you're welcome. I'm not "cherry-picking" your post, there is just nothing substantial there. You're also selfish because you want to take away what some people have (exclusive smileys) only to have it for yourself too.

literally what

so you can get it if you hack.  and I literally just said I don't want it for myself, but for others.  That is not greedy.

Nothing substantial, aka you can't counter anything I have said and can only resort to nonsense such as calling me greedy after just explaining I do not want it for myself.  This is a non-point as it appears you have run out of things to say.  In that case, NEXT.

Azure2.png

Wooted by: (3)

#120 2018-01-15 22:20:17, last edited by hummerz5 (2018-01-16 15:41:54)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

azurepudding wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

blahblahblahblah.

literally what

so you can get it if you hack.  and I literally just said I don't want it for myself, but for others.  That is not greedy.

Nothing substantial, aka you can't counter anything I have said and can only resort to nonsense such as calling me greedy after just explaining I do not want it for myself.  This is a non-point as it appears you have run out of things to say.  In that case, NEXT.

It's not hacking, you just have to buy it in the shop. That's not what hacking is. And yes, it is greedy. You're also selfish because you want to take away what some people have (exclusive smileys) only to have it for yourself too, let's be serious here, you may not use it, but you want it only to be able to say you have 150 smileys instead of 149.

MadMagnum wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:
MadMagnum wrote:

Fanboy and superman (and many others) are AVAILABLE too in the shop. The postman smiley is already setup http://beta.everybodyedits.com/newsletter01 but it's broken, it's not exclusive, it only needs to
be fixed by staff. "Fanboy looks awesome", it's just a //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile smiley with glasses. It doesn't look "awesome", there are far more awesome smileys, you just like it because it's rare, let's accept it and move on.

How are you telling me what i like? I already said rarity does help but it looks awesome to me, ever heard of opinions or tastes? Shades smiley is just a :l smiley with some shades yet i still think its one of the coolest smileys in the game. They are pixelted so "just glasses" is actually quite a big change.  And how is superman/fanboy available in the shop? Emalton said the postman isn't available anymore, if its broken or intentionally stopped i don't know but it isn't available now. You don't want it available because you think you're "special" for having it and would rather want people to drool over your smiley for attention than give them the satisfaction of finally getting the smiley they wanted for (maybe) years. Let's accept THAT and move on.

See previous answer to know how to get fanboy smiley from the shop. Please, stop fooling yourself, your words are something, but we both know that you want it because it's rare. I'd bet my **** if it was released to the public barely anyone would use it.

gLjTZE1.png

#121 2018-01-15 22:21:34

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Thank you to everyone for their feedback on the matter. As this has now descended into arguments over more than just the nature of the Fanboy smileys, I think I'll close this thread here.

We'll get back to you with further details on what we've decided at a later date.

One thing I'd like to mention is that it's very unlikely that the sending physical mail option will be brought back. Both Fanboys were available under the same scheme, without having to send physical mail:

We'll ponder this further and get back to you.

Xenonetix_2.png

#122 2018-01-15 22:23:51

Bimps

Mega Lamb wrote:

Thank you to everyone for their feedback on the matter. As this has now descended into arguments over more than just the nature of the Fanboy smileys, I think I'll close this thread here.

We'll get back to you with further details on what we've decided at a later date.

One thing I'd like to mention is that it's very unlikely that the sending physical mail option will be brought back. Both Fanboys were available under the same scheme, without having to send physical mail:

We'll ponder this further and get back to you.

>close

#123 2018-01-15 22:35:56

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I can post in closed topics? Wow, it seems I'm finally a moderator!

Everybody Edits is Fred

#124 2018-01-16 00:22:24

John

Devlin wrote:

Just sayin', I hate all forms of limited time or only achievable once content. In my opinion, all previously obtainable magic coin smileys should be seasonal magic coins based on their theme eg. pumpkins available during October, bunny during the Easter period. Classics are okay I guess since they are obtainable but the concept of classics were mainly introduced to milk more money out of the game. This part of my opinion will probably be more unpopular, but I also think contests should have standardised prizes rather than unique ones. Painter/graphics smileys should be given out in all artistic based competitions and there should be set trophy blocks instead of a new look for each competition. I can understand why contest content would be unique though.

I really like this idea, what do the rest of you think?

PW?scale=2

#125 2018-01-16 00:41:14

MadMagnum

Emalton wrote:
Devlin wrote:

I really like this idea, what do the rest of you think?

I like the idea of seasonal smileys in magic coins and the contest idea. Sounds good.
What do you think of setting up a way to get Fanboy I via physical mail?

Dxj7UW2.png

MadMagnum1516059674692573

Board footer