Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-01-08 02:58:59, last edited by mrjawapa (2018-01-08 03:28:20)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Re: WHEN DID ICE CLIMB BECOME A CAMPAIGN LOL

Luka504 wrote:

Good job Jawapa you dodged my main points and out of dozens of sentences you picked out two that I already answered in my post above. 10/10

since you want to be a condescending ****, I'll dissect you're whole post.

Luka504 wrote:

I think you are downplaying the situation quite a bit here.

I think you're being over dramatic. Why is it a big deal if worlds are used in campaigns? Getting your worlds picked is more-or-less an accomplishment. There's nothing but benefit from it.

Luka504 wrote:

You would be correct if the only reason people make worlds is for attention, but I think we both know that can't be true.

I don't know of anyone who has spent hours making a world and not want it to be played/seen.

Luka504 wrote:

There are many other reasons to build a world, like artistical expression, personal amusement, to do something with friends, whatever the reason might be.

None of those reasons mean they don't want their world to gain attention.

Luka504 wrote:

And while yes in most situations you would want your world to be a campaign, there are still exceptions. Sometimes you just don't want to have a world campaigned.

You're not even going to give me an example? Anything along the lines of, "it could be a bad world," is dumb. If it's bad, it's probably not being picked in the first place.

Luka504 wrote:

You can't just use something someone said a year ago and say those words are still valid today.

I don't like to keep bringing the past up, but in this case I can't see why anyone would change their mind. Also, everyone has to agree to the ToS before playing Everybody Edits. It's basically like signing a contract. Doesn't matter if it was last year, last week, or 6 years ago. It holds up.

Luka504 wrote:

That's exactly what happened to me, and considering the staff still haven't learned, will likely happen again for someone else.

You said you were asked. I don't know what there is to "learn".

Luka504 wrote:

Yikes jawapa are you actually pulling out what the staff have said a long time ago?

From above:
"Everyone has to agree to the ToS before playing Everybody Edits. It's basically like signing a contract. Doesn't matter if it was last year, last week, or 6 years ago. It holds up."

Luka504 wrote:

Do you know what they ALSO said a long time ago? ''We will ask you for permission directly before making a world a campaign''.

Citation needed. And doesn't matter. ToS says they don't have to. Sure it's nice, but they don't have to.

Luka504 wrote:

Sure they can take your world and do whatever they please, but that doesn't mean they should.

See above.

Luka504 wrote:

Pretty much everything you have said so far can be summed up is ''Haha youre wrong and youre dumb.''

Don't put words in my mouth. What I've said is, they don't have to ask for permission. Everyone who plays EE has already agreed to let them use their worlds.

Luka504 wrote:

Yes it is essentially the same thing. It's an example of someone taking what's yours and doing whatever they please.

If you don't like the ToS -- don't agree to them.

Luka504 wrote:

''retarded'' nice argument.

Don't give off-the-wall scenarios that would never happen, and are nothing like what we're discussing.

Luka504 wrote:

Yet again, you just used bad wording as an argument to why someone is wrong while ignoring their main point.

?

Luka504 wrote:

His point was that there is a difference between illegal and wrong but you seem to have just carefully dodged that part.

I didn't dodge it. That's what we've been addressing the entire time.

The points given are:
Didn't get permission -- but they did with ToS agreement
Stolen worlds -- ToS says they can use them, owner gets full credit + promotion

Again, it's nice of them to ask again, but they don't have to. I don't see why they should.

Luka504 wrote:

Sure the words are slightly different but what I said was that Staff can take your worlds without your permission and do whatever they desire.
But yeah you said campaigns and I said delete, but that's not the issue.

You said they could delete all my worlds. Sure they can, but that's not the same thing. It's totally different than a world being promoted.

Luka504 wrote:

Again, he gave permission one year ago. You can't take someone's words from one year ago and be certain that they still apply today.
Ever heard of changing your mind? That happens.

See above.

Luka504 wrote:

And you said other people's examples had nothing to do with anything? Yeesh.

Wasn't an example. It was saying what they're not doing.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (2)

#27 2018-01-08 06:25:01

soniiiety

why are people complaining about canpaigns, thats just not a worthy thread to read,  plus idc what they make, because atleast we can get energy and gems from them!.

#28 2018-01-08 12:14:18, last edited by TundrumMax (2018-01-08 12:17:32)

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

MrJawapa wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

You can't just use something someone said a year ago and say those words are still valid today.

I don't like to keep bringing the past up, but in this case I can't see why anyone would change their mind. Also, everyone has to agree to the ToS before playing Everybody Edits. It's basically like signing a contract. Doesn't matter if it was last year, last week, or 6 years ago. It holds up.

Luka504 wrote:

Yikes jawapa are you actually pulling out what the staff have said a long time ago?

From above:
"Everyone has to agree to the ToS before playing Everybody Edits. It's basically like signing a contract. Doesn't matter if it was last year, last week, or 6 years ago. It holds up."

Luka504 wrote:

Do you know what they ALSO said a long time ago? ''We will ask you for permission directly before making a world a campaign''.

Citation needed. And doesn't matter. ToS says they don't have to. Sure it's nice, but they don't have to.

Luka504 wrote:

Yes it is essentially the same thing. It's an example of someone taking what's yours and doing whatever they please.

If you don't like the ToS -- don't agree to them.

Luka504 wrote:

His point was that there is a difference between illegal and wrong but you seem to have just carefully dodged that part.

I didn't dodge it. That's what we've been addressing the entire time.

The points given are:
Didn't get permission -- but they did with ToS agreement
Stolen worlds -- ToS says they can use them, owner gets full credit + promotion

Again, it's nice of them to ask again, but they don't have to. I don't see why they should.

Im guessing you think everyone ACTUALLY reads the terms and conditions
I joined ee when I was 7, so you wouldn't expect 7 y/o me to read all of that "boring adult stuff"

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#29 2018-01-09 16:44:14

Luka504

Kirby wrote:

If you sign a contract for something, you can't just say that the contract is invalid a year later simply because it's possible that you might regret it. If you change your mind, you can come to us. It nonsensical for us to repeatedly ask people whether they changed their mind.

What do you mean by ''contract''? Are you saying the Terms and Conditions or the words one gives regarding if you can use their worlds or not?
If one changes their mind they can just talk to the staff members? You do realise whenever you announce a new campaign you never announce which individual tiers will be in that campaign, or who made them (That is if the campaign is even announced ahead of time)?
Hypothetically, we have a person who said a long time ago that the staff can use ANY of their worlds for campaigns. But after a good amount of time passes, they might not want certain worlds of theirs to be campaigned, for whatever reason. There is no announcement for a new campaign and they don't think much of it. And then the next day that world becomes a campaign and the person just looks in confusion of when that happened. How can one ask for something they do not know exists?
My whole case was that you guys should maybe ask like a week ahead of time instead of asking a year ahead of time. You don't have to ask multiple times between that period, just once. I'm pretty sure that's a much better solution than asking the community to predict the future eh?

Master1 wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

You can't take someone's words from one year ago and be certain that they still apply today.

I mean I did, so yeah it's possible

jf59flH3Rq_xv30Cp_vl6A.png
Seriously.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#30 2018-01-09 20:06:43, last edited by Master1 (2018-01-09 20:08:34)

Master1

Luka504 wrote:

My whole case was that you guys should maybe ask like a week ahead of time instead of asking a year ahead of time.

I didn't even ask him the first time, he volunteered any of his maps to be used. He was able to unvolunteer at any time but chose not to do so.

I would MAYBE understand your argument if Aoitenshi was upset at Ice climb becoming a campaign, but he's not.

ALSO again let's NOT ignore the fact that I do own the crew this map is from. I'm fairly certain crew owners have the right to agree to campaign any of their crews worlds.

good meme

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Master11515524803691623

Board footer