Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-21 02:44:41, last edited by Minimania (2019-05-22 20:02:12)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Candy Support

For years now, I've found it completely impossible to create a somewhat decent Candyland map due to a few reasons.

Firstly, most of the current candyland blocks to not mesh well together, and making a ground out of them look solid, and like they aren't just floating in midair, is entirely possible without certain backgrounds, and in some cases not possible at all.

Secondly, the current cotton candy block blends better with itself going horizontal, but not vertical. It would be a lot better if it blended neither way and was a standalone block, blended both ways, or if the current one existed and both alternative methods were possible.

Thirdly, not enough blocks that are outside of the candyland package blend together well with the candyland package itself. This could possibly be changed if the current blocks improved, but not by much. This lack of support is one of the biggest reasons candyland maps are almost impossible to make well.

Fourth, there is a huge lack of backgrounds for the candyland package. We could've had a candy cane looking background, perhaps a gingerbread looking background, a background for whatever the hell the second to last candy block is supposed to be, and maybe even candy backgrounds that would go well with the current selection of one ways.

Fifth, the candy blocks themselves are lacking. There's a pink background to go with our pink cotton candy block, but there is no light blue cotton candy block to go with the other existing background. Apart from that, we don't really have many actual candy blocks to begin with. We have a candy cane block, whatever that second thing is, and a gingerbread looking block. There's so much unexplored potential here. We could have a chocolate block, in milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and lots of other kinds of chocolates. We could have sour candy/gumdrop blocks in various colors, like with the decorations. We could've had jolly rancher like blocks that could be slightly transparent, perhaps even sticky. We could've had some sort of whipped creme block, and perhaps desert pastries to go with those. There could've been blocks that look like smarties stacked on top of each other of all colors, , and backgrounds to match, and perhaps half-blocks too. There could've been nerds blocks, solid and backgrounds. There could be lollipop (decorations at least), whopper decorations, taffy blocks (and here we are again at a potential sticky block release) , jawbreaker blocks, caramel, juicy drop pop, and honey liquids that would work like the swamp liquid as well as decorations to go on top of those, candy corn blocks, swedish fish blocks, more colors for licorice (because that's what I'm guessing the existing block is). MnMs solidified together with chocolate would make a really cool block and background. Colorful looking blocks that resemble those huge lollipops from Disneyland would be epic. More colors for the existing one-ways would go a long way. Marshmallows would be RAD. Peep decorations would be cool too, especially around easter time. Peppermint looking blocks and backgrounds or decorations would be appreciated. Chocolate kisses would be an amazing decoration, and so too would be gelatin shapes. Even sprinkles (and chocolate sprinkles, and chocolate compacted sprinkles) and ice cream would make for some epic looking blocks and bring some fun looking places. Gummy bears would make for some nice decorations. Peanut Butter Cups would make for good half-blocks. Oreos could be stackable like smarties, and could make for good decorations when turned sideways. Fudge blocks of different sorts and flavors, butter toffee, brownies, Peppermint patties, candied apples, popcorn balls,

I'm going to go ahead and stop myself there. The list of suggestions for improvement go on and on, perhaps long enough that you could realistically make a Candyland 2.0 or even 3.0 package a thing. Perhaps chocolate blocks could even get their own package. The list goes on and on and on, and with packages and blocks like these, you would guarantee there'd be a lot better Candyland looking blocks. My mouth has been watering as I've been writing this post. I literally can't concentrate anymore. Please, Everybody Edits staff, pick up on this suggestion.

(Inspiration to write this thing came from seeing Ernesdo's new and improved candy package from his graphics topic)

EDIT: I already wound up doing this along with a few other graphics artists. Check out my main graphics page, and also check out Security-Drone's graphics topic too. He made some really amazing looking gumdrop blocks that I think would be absolutely amazing in EEU. Closing this topic. if you have any questions, communicate them through my main graphics topic.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:
Minimania1513820681686974

Board footer