Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-12 00:44:52

iPwner
Website

Retrieving past save states... -- I mentioned this prior -- did I not?

I may have posted about this before, but never got exact directions -- so here I am again. I wanted to recover some old worlds, but -- unknowingly -- I didn't. So, I'm back again (as per evident) -- and with mind clearer than unfermented white wine. So if you could guide me on how to retrieve previous versions/save states of worlds that may or not be my own, -- well -- quite frankly -- that'd be swell.

*snaps needy paws open and closed again on repeat* GIMME GIMME GIMME! >:[]

Well -- thanks!-- cordially, as per ushua.

--iPwner.

*You found a treat read!*JAAANus patata 2 by 2 asunder ;3 ;P ;D l0l oak enuff of this garbanzo bye bye kiddos dont do meth (not that i do or anything you stoops P: IRRATIONAL!)

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#2 2017-09-12 08:25:02

den3107

Re: Retrieving past save states... -- I mentioned this prior -- did I not?

I think Hexagon used to spider EE and store old worlds and such that you could download through a torrent. However I'm pretty sure he stopped the spider long ago as have I not seen him on these forums in forever (or I've just been blind all the while).

#3 2017-09-12 08:44:18

LukeM
Website

Atilla also has some world backup thing, which I think is back up and running now
I think you need to join a world called world service, but after that I have no clue

#4 2017-09-12 09:56:31, last edited by MartenM (2017-09-12 09:57:20)

MartenM
Website

Went through the process my self when I got hacked so here we go.

1. Go to the world sevice world and get the download link.
2. Download your worlds.
3. Find the github of the world service programs. (There should be a forum post about the whole world service thingy)
       There should be a program that allows you to build your maps again.
4. Compile the program and rebuild your worlds 1 by 1

Quite a bit of work but when you figure it out it is not all that hard.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by:

#5 2017-09-12 15:45:36

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

(I can't Quote on mobile for some reason)

Speaking of Atilla's World Service, how often does he save worlds? Per week? Per month?

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

#6 2017-09-12 16:04:13

LukeM
Website

Vinyl Melody wrote:

Speaking of Atilla's World Service, how often does he save worlds? Per week? Per month?

I remember someone saying it saves whenever you leave the world, although im not sure if it keeps them all

Wooted by:

#7 2017-09-12 20:13:03

capasha

EEditor can build the worlds too, it using Atilla's format.

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2017-09-12 22:04:41

MartenM
Website

capasha wrote:

EEditor can build the worlds too, it using Atilla's format.

If I had known this a bit earlier //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

(Really nice tho because that means you can just load and see them in editor)

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#9 2017-09-13 08:32:22, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-09-13 08:35:30)

XxAtillaxX

World Service has been archiving worlds for a few years now, with archives dating back several years when the project first started.

I've provided a front-end where you can obtain the archives for your worlds here, keep in mind however that while newly changed worlds are obtained and stored in real-time (after the world has fully closed) there is a 15 minute cache on the archives created.

I have recently removed the necessity of going into the World Service room to obtain an export link, so you can now directly visit the website provided above to request an export, as authentication is fairly futile with a publicly available database.
I would open the entire archive (approximately around ~30 gigabytes, 1,000,000~ worlds) to the public if there was an open-source option for dynamic torrents, which there unfortunately isn't any longer, given that BitTorrent Sync had been deprecated and re-acquired.

I think that since this topic posted in Bots and Programming I may as well go into some slightly technical detail on how the archives are stored, and the reasoning behind storing them in that way, and how the synchronisation functionality is designed.

I think it would be a bit inaccurate to state that the worlds are stored in my format, since although the worlds are stored in JSON they don't bare any custom properties beyond an entirely optional and useless internal versioning tag, provided by Player.IO.
If you were to look at the source code for how the worlds are serialized, you would immediately notice that the DatabaseObject is fed into a recursive function that essentially stores the keys and values into a dictionary, which is later serialized into JSON.

It's an incredibly simple process and it means that you can directly compare the properties, considering they aren't re-arranged or renamed in any way. It's as much of a direct conversion as you could possibly get whilst retaining human readability.
The synchronisation part is simple as well, there is no requirement for new properties to be handled because the properties (rotation, text, id, target, etc) are stored in the same order for every block and can simply be appended to the end of the message.

If you are using World.CLI you can export the latest version of the world, import any version of a world, and synchronise it to any world you input. You don't need to compile it yourself, the binary release is within the GitHub repository as well. It's fairly easy to use, and the documentation for the commands are listed on the front page of the World repository, as within in the README.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (5)

#10 2017-12-18 02:36:30, last edited by iPwner (2017-12-18 02:44:34)

iPwner
Website

Wow... how did I not see this? Thanks ma! ;O Super useful. Goodlymore.

edit: actually it barely gives any versions... it doesn't let me get the level i want :C

double edit reply to below response: o i c :o spanks!

triple edit: you need to update eeditor though right? is the only way to update the client by redownloading it?

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

Im A ®a®ity ®

#11 2017-12-18 02:38:47

XxAtillaxX

iPwner wrote:

Wow... how did I not see this? Thanks ma! ;O Super useful. Goodlymore.

You can simply use EEditor now, as there's support for World Service archives built-in.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#12 2017-12-18 03:20:28, last edited by iPwner (2017-12-18 04:04:15)

iPwner
Website

Ah-kay. :o But it appears to only show revisions up from about mid 2016, and nothing before that, and 2016 is exactly when I started not deleting prior content... :\ Oh well, guess it's gone forever. ;< But if there's a way to peer back past then, let me know, even a year before that is useful. <;

Im A ®a®ity ®

iPwner1513563628686645

Board footer