Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Eld'tai'inn

Re: Predict The Halloween contest winners

Why should she? The topic is about the ones we think will win. If she thinks her team will win, she has the right to post it in this topic. She doesn't need to keep that opinion to herself.

#27 Before February 2015

Calicara

This is a topic on who I think will win. I think I will win so my post is on topic.

~Failgirl101

#28 Before February 2015

MRBOOGAWESOME

I personnally dont like the carvers of victory's world. The art is average and the minigames are just confusing, you just get lost.

#29 Before February 2015

Calicara

MRBOOGAWESOME wrote:

I personnally dont like the carvers of victory's world. The art is average and the minigames are just confusing, you just get lost.

The idea of the map was supposed to be an adventure. Adventures are never as easy as straightforward maps. It requires thinking, which isn't the average EE style. We wanted to try to break away from that single path routine.

Also what is wrong with the art? I think it looks great.

#30 Before February 2015

Koto

Shy Guy wrote:
thecoolguy wrote:

i think it'll be like this

1: scar rocky horror
1: mx alcatraz
1: feel the fear
1: the mighty morphin block arrangers
2: bee's level (idk name)
2: sinister
2: spooky island
2: hakashouseoffun
3: lxcrew
3: full moon rising
3: towers of moonlight
3: klecrew

@ bold
I think I just died a little inside...

You stole...my exact post.

#31 Before February 2015

EEguy

KingOfTheOzone wrote:
Shy Guy wrote:
thecoolguy wrote:

@ bold

You stole...my exact post.

If I saw this topic earlier, I would have made this post too.
On topic: I haven't seen many levels, so I can't vote.

Last edited by EEguy (Nov 10 2011 3:28:23 pm)

#32 Before February 2015

Bobyy

MRBOOGAWESOME wrote:

Theres alot of teams aswell as a lot of good worlds.

Im just gonna say a few teams i liked the worlds of:

-Mighty Morphin Block Arrangers.
-SCAR.
-DT.
-2ndStory.
-Cod-Stomers.
-MG crew.
-Spooky Cookies.

Probably quite a few more i like just havent remembered to name them, these were pretty much of the top of my head...

Oh yeah and stairs crew's world. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

You guys are forgetting about Pumpkin Grave Fright (I call the big huge pumpkin the Great Pumpkin //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile) it has decent art.

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

#33 Before February 2015

Ralaina

If I had to some it would be.

-Codstormers
-2ndstory
-M.M.B.A
-I.D.G.A.F.U.C.K. (and I think I figured out what the name really stands for //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)
But those are the levels I enjoyed playing the most.

#34 Before February 2015

Zacoist

Failgirl101 wrote:
treejoe4 wrote:

Pretty arrogant to say you will be first failgirl

Because in my opinion Carvers of Victory was able to create a level with good art and mini games that weren't just box minis, but actually corresponded to the art. Most levels had good art, then box minis, where are Carvers of Victory has good art and good minis.

Also I didn't say I would be first, I said Carvers of Victory. Esox and I are a team, WE will be first.

Yes, in your opinion.   I like how you like to bring others down in the success of your own. :/

#35 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Failgirl101 wrote:
MRBOOGAWESOME wrote:

The idea of the map was supposed to be an adventure. Adventures are never as easy as straightforward maps. It requires thinking, which isn't the average EE style. We wanted to try to break away from that single path routine.

Look, there are barely any minis, and you just wander around aimlessly. There is no challenge and it's quite boring because there really isn't anything there. I honestly had no idea where I was going, so I got lost and then quit. It feels unfinished. So your level IS NOT perfect and you can't just automatically assume that it's good because it's "complex" or "sophisticated" when overall it's boring and empty.
And obviously you will think your art is great because it is YOUR level, and so you will think that it's good anyway. I find the art mediocre, and maybe some things could be added or improved on.

Last edited by Shy Guy (Nov 10 2011 5:58:24 pm)

#36 Before February 2015

Calicara

Shy Guy wrote:
Failgirl101 wrote:
MRBOOGAWESOME wrote:

Look, there are barely any minis, and you just wander around aimlessly. There is no challenge and it's quite boring because there really isn't anything there. I honestly had no idea where I was going, so I got lost and then quit. It feels unfinished. So your level IS NOT perfect and you can't just automatically assume that it's good because it's "complex" or "sophisticated" when overall it's boring and empty.
And obviously you will think your art is great because it is YOUR level, and so you will think that it's good anyway. I find the art mediocre, and maybe some things could be added or improved on.

The fun is supposed to be in the adventure. The fun is supposed to be in finding the coins. It's not supposed to be a straight forward map. The mini games are supposed to fit with the art. Esox and I like to call it enviro-minis, where we try to make the mini games match their environment. For example, the arrows in the spiderwebs, and the floaty kind of minis in the house.

Yea I know it's confusing but that's the point. Here's an example: I just bought Donkey Kong 64 and in came in the mail a few days ago. I knew it was an adventure game, but I expected it to still be pretty straight forward. I've been playing in for a few hours but it's pretty hard. You have to think, strategize, and look around. You have to explore ALL your surroundings to figure out what to do next.

And seriously what makes the art so mediocre? Is it because it's not realistic? We weren't aiming for realistic. Sorry if the art isn't as good as Alcatraz, but we weren't going for that kind of style. We were trying to make cartoony, but scary.

All I'm saying is I think freeform maps best represent a sandbox game because they require you to actually do something other than go in a straight line. And that's why I think Carvers of Victory should win.

#37 Before February 2015

Zacoist

Failgirl10 wrote:

Carvers of Victory should win.

*sigh* It's people like you that I hate, having people skills is an essential in life, being modest is one of them. Sadly, nominating yourself as a winner is pretty arrogant but I'm not saying self confident is a bad thing but be nice and give others a smile instead.  

We don't give a damn what your level is trying to deliver to EE while ppl are also giving feedback.   The reason why people are saying such harsh things to you is because you are saying that your world is currently the most unique and best for a well deserve 1st. Obviously ppl doesn't fee that your level doesn't meet their standards for 1st.

So please, self opinions to yourself and just vote for some1 else for who you think deserves gratitude to have a smile on their faces. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#38 Before February 2015

Calicara

Zacoist wrote:
Failgirl10 wrote:

Carvers of Victory should win.

*sigh* It's people like you that I hate, having people skills is an essential in life, being modest is one of them. Sadly, nominating yourself as a winner is pretty arrogant but I'm not saying self confident is a bad thing but be nice and give others a smile instead.  

We don't give a damn what your level is trying to deliver to EE while ppl are also giving feedback.   The reason why people are saying such harsh things to you is because you are saying that your world is currently the most unique and best for a well deserve 1st. Obviously ppl doesn't fee that your level doesn't meet their standards for 1st.

So please, self opinions to yourself and just vote for some1 else for who you think deserves gratitude to have a smile on their faces. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Originally I wasn't boasting and bragging as you see my first post was this:

Failgirl101 wrote:

I think the winners will be:

1. Mighty Morphin Block arrangers
2. Carvers of Victory
3. Full moon rising
4. Cry kid cry

So what if I think my team is gonna win? Then Treejoe told me I was being arrogant, but how is it arrogant to give my opinion? Then this whole argument started and I never meant to sound like a jerk. Yea I think our levels unique, yea I think we're gonna win, is it so wrong to have a little self confidence? If no one even replied to my OP I never would've said anything else.

All I'm saying I don't see the problem with me thinking I'm going to win. It's not like I'm going to every topic and saying everyone elses level sucks. And if I even did say something about another level it was constructive criticism. I'm not being a jerk because I support my own team, and I'm not being a jerk by putting levels down.

Besides I did put what other levels I thought were going to win(at least for 1st place). It's not like I wrote my team name for all 5 spots.

#39 Before February 2015

Pike270

Ahh.... the Internet.
One needs to be very careful with word connotation since there is no definite "tone" (such as that in actual speech) in most topics. How a post is received ultimately depends on the disposition of the reader and any other influences from other posts.

Due to the room for interpretation, there is a fine distinction between arrogance and team spirit, as well as boasting and reinforcing one's own ability to others. I believe that there was much misinterpretation on both sides and that some posts in this topic should have been taken to the private messages.

Hopefully this will end all further disputes regarding Team #5. From this point forward, all posts should be   related to "Predicting The Halloween Contest Winners". If any of you wish to elaborate your opinions about Team #5, please use the private messaging system instead of using this thread. Thank you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On topic:

I don't particularly have any definite opinions as to who would win for the following reasons:

1. The uncertainty regarding the experience of the judges.
2. The fact that all levels had their pros and cons, some vastly different from others. It mostly depends on what the judges regard as being the most essential qualities for a top-notch level.

However levels that caught my eye were (in no particular order):

-SCAR
-Cry Kid Cry
-Mighty Morphin Block Arrangers
- Spooky Cookies

Finally, good luck to all, and may the best team win.

#40 Before February 2015

Zacoist

Pike270 wrote:

Ahh.... the Internet.
One needs to be very careful with word connotation since there is no definite "tone" (such as that in actual speech) in most topics. How a post is received ultimately depends on the disposition of the reader and any other influences from other posts.

Due to the room for interpretation, there is a fine distinction between arrogance and team spirit, as well as boasting and reinforcing one's own ability to others. I believe that there was much misinterpretation on both sides and that some posts in this topic should have been taken to the private messages.

Hopefully this will end all further disputes regarding Team #5. From this point forward, all posts should be   related to "Predicting The Halloween Contest Winners". If any of you wish to elaborate your opinions about Team #5, please use the private messaging system instead of using this thread. Thank you.

If nothing, I'm optimistic.

#41 Before February 2015

EENinja

Shy Guy wrote:
thecoolguy wrote:

@ bold

It took me and diffrent ages //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Although, I must admit, Alctraz is an epic level and you will probly win //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#42 Before February 2015

Onjit
Website

I'm DEFINITELY going to win //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

:.|:;

#43 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Although I can't say I've played all the levels yet, I can say that there is at least one dark horse in this competition.

#19. Team GD's Halloween Castle GD

Made by people I can almost guarantee you've never heard of but also one of the best levels with a very nice blend of minimap and in-game art, something that's extremely difficult to pull off. I haven't played through the whole level yet, but the part I did play through was very good.

Last edited by Supadorf24 (Nov 11 2011 7:57:43 am)

#44 Before February 2015

Kirby

now that i think about it, there is no way what so ever i will get even 12th place. maybe 25th place though :/

#45 Before February 2015

PaperBoy101

Cry kid Cry's is epic art :/

there's a few other's but that kinda stuck out to me.

#46 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

I would say Iraka's Halloween Night definitely deserves a place in the top 10.

#47 Before February 2015

Bobyy

No Express0 it doesn't also I vote for Pumpkin Grave Fright. It has a chance to win. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

#48 Before February 2015

Ralaina

I agree with spresso, it has great art and it's one of the funniest level I have played

#49 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

I hope everyone wins!

<Seriously I think SCAR will win, Hopefuly me and epicfish [Squad of Fish] will place somewhere.>

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#50 Before February 2015

BobMcnally

xXExpress0Xx wrote:

I would say Iraka's Halloween Night definitely deserves a place in the top 10.

Dont we all, dont we all.

Iraka dont press ctrl + a

(lol hell no //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

Last edited by BobMcnally (Nov 11 2011 2:02:58 pm)

Koto142389446666966

Board footer