Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#176 2017-07-25 09:33:54

Processor

Re: Mafia 12

Smitty and Bimps don't seem scum to me. The argument against them being scum is made through the assumption that I am scum. If that's the case, you should rather kill me and then decide if you want to lynch them.

hummerz5 wrote:

I voted gosha with the knowledge (or is that blindness) that processor was signing his fate over for when Gosha flipped town

What? I explicitly said that I didn't know for sure. I explicitly said that you vote at your own risk.

I dislike how "kill-happy" hummerz is. He has been on the Zumza and Gosha wagon and now has jumped on Processor's. (Is talking about yourself in third person a crime?)
He has always joined existing wagons, he hasn't created any. Which makes me wonder if he is being an opportunistic scum...

What does the town think?

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#177 2017-07-25 09:39:07

Zumza

To be honest I did sense a weird vibe from hummerz5 in this mafia game. But if you want us to lynch him today I'll say pass.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#178 2017-07-25 09:45:13

Processor

Zumza wrote:

To be honest I did sense a weird vibe from hummerz5 in this mafia game. But if you want us to lynch him today I'll say pass.

Is pass a yes or no?

I don't know to be honest, he does seem pretty town otherwise. I guess I'll just keep an eye on him for now.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#179 2017-07-25 10:16:21

Zumza

Processor wrote:
Zumza wrote:

Is pass a yes or no?

I don't know to be honest, he does seem pretty town otherwise. I guess I'll just keep an eye on him for now.

A "pass" as in a "no". but I'm not bound to this decision
And while I do believe you are town(quite strongly in fact), I may not entirely neglect what had been done, and said, against you.
In this game, hummerz5 invoked a lot of weird roles/combinations like jester, duos... to excuse himself perhaps for some actions. While he is always a cautious person, I do have this feeling that something's not quite right this time. Perhaps he knows a bigger picture of the puzzle we don't? I doubt.
Can cautiousness be taken as scum indicative? For from my point of view hummerz isn't a PR. (N1KF did suggest he might however, and I must say the descriptions he made for each of us are well made)

Speaking of, whats your opinion on N1KF?

#180 2017-07-25 10:17:20

Kira

Processor wrote:

I'm not a fan of you preferring a useless lynch over a decent one. I do not see how lynching Zumza is any better that Gosha.

Processor wrote:

I want you to vote Gosha.

Processor wrote:

Are you really going to ignore all the scum signs and just not lynch Gosha because you think I might benefit from it in some weird way? Like, I mean, look, has it even occurred to you that I might just be aligned with town?
Diff is protecting Gosha in some weird way and I want him lynched in case Gosha turns out to be scum.

This right here is what I call manipulation and does justify my vote to lynch Processor.

#181 2017-07-25 10:32:30

Zumza

Kira wrote:
Processor wrote:

I'm not a fan of you preferring a useless lynch over a decent one. I do not see how lynching Zumza is any better that Gosha.

Processor wrote:

I want you to vote Gosha.

Processor wrote:

Are you really going to ignore all the scum signs and just not lynch Gosha because you think I might benefit from it in some weird way? Like, I mean, look, has it even occurred to you that I might just be aligned with town?
Diff is protecting Gosha in some weird way and I want him lynched in case Gosha turns out to be scum.

This right here is what I call manipulation and does justify my vote to lynch Processor.

Please so far you had only jumped in bandwagons. You didn't seemed to have made any own opinions so far.

#182 2017-07-25 10:43:45, last edited by Onjit (2017-07-25 12:53:16)

Onjit
Website

Vote Count:

[3]Processor - N1KF, MrJawapa, Kira
[2] N1KF - Bimps, Zumza

[1] No Lynch - Hummerz5

6 votes needed for a majority.

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#183 2017-07-25 10:51:45

Processor

Onjit learn to count. (6 votes needed for majority)

N1KF and hummerz have the same voting profile. I can't pinpoint to why, but N1KF seems rather town to me, more so than hummerz.

#184 2017-07-25 11:30:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Okay here is my detailed analysis on processor and why I don't really think we should lynch him.

It is without doubt that processor has been acting rather strange. First of all he seems so certain that smitty is town, seemingly with little justification.

Processor wrote:
Devlin wrote:

Smitty: Slightly leaning scum

I swear to godOnjit, Smitty is town.

Later on, processor also seemed to have a similar attitude towards me as he did to smitty despite me not saying anything during this time. He even used similar wording to justify my innocence without explanation.

Processor wrote:

Devlin is Town, I swear to Onjit!

I don't really get what would have changed processor's mind about how strongly I was town as I had not had the chance to say anything during this time. Originally I had me down as the same level of town as everyone else but updated me to the same level of town as smitty for seemingly no reason.

Next we have processor's repeated pushes on Gosha with seemingly little evidence. I do consider there a small amount of scum for us to go on for Gosha but there were probably better candidates. Processor however seemed to think there was no chance of anyone else being scum aside from Gosha, at least that's how he phrased what he said. Personally I think processor knew that Gosha was probably town but I don't think that mattered to him. Sometimes it felt as though processor was trying to convince Gosha that he was Mafia...

Processor wrote:
Gosha wrote:

Why me lol

Ask Onjit why he made you mafia.

Gosha wrote:

I said only 2 things and you already think I am a scum

Yes, you're using sarcasm to defend yourself. Typical newbie scum behavior in my experience.

Gosha wrote:

I am gosha,  I won't lie,  I am town!!

Now listen to me, you will repeat after me: "I am gosha and I am scum."

Finally another thing I found strange, though it may not be as big of a deal to the rest of you, is how processor was kinda appealing to me.

Processor wrote:

Also @Devlin, Bimps and N1KF both look pretty town to me so far.

Also lynch Gosha please.

I have no idea why you would aim that specifically towards me? Is it because you feel I am 100% town? Surely you should be trying to convince everyone of your view and not just me.

I do not think processor is town* but I do not think he is Mafia either. Instead, I think he has a neutral / 3rd party role. This is what he seems to have been hinting at. Maxi was even suspicious that this might be the case and I think the words of the dead are the words we should listen to the most.

I think there are 2 possibilities as to what processor's role could be. First of all there is of course the jester. If this is the case then lynching him would be a very bad idea as it would play into the Mafia's hands. Secondly, his role could have been one that has to execute a specific player, eg. Gosha. If this is the case then it means that processor has already won the game for himself and now acts as a normal townie. I think this second option is correct considering processor said this:

Processor wrote:

Also totally not roleclaiming or anything. Also I could be powerless from now on, treat me like a well respected citizen.

"totally not roleclaiming" sounds sarcastic to me which hints to me he does indeed have a special role. I believe he said this in preparation that Gosha would be lynched which, if it was to have Gosha killed, his role would no longer have an effect and he would become a well respected citizen.

So basically I think that processor is / was a neutral role. As a result lynching him would be a waste. This being said I would be willing to lynch him if we are running out of time to reach a decision. This view may change however if processor does not answer my following questions adequately.

For processor:

Why did you appeal specifically to me when you said bimps and N1KF were town?
Why do you think smitty is so town this early in the game?
Why did you want us to lynch Gosha in particular?

Additionally, if your role was to have Gosha killed then why not just tell us that? It will confirm my suspicions and will clear your name is it would mean you are technically now a confirmed townie.
Also if you are a jester I would appreciate it if you told us that also. If you are then hopefully the rest of the town will agree with me in offering you the chance to win along side us. By this I mean if we become 100% confident of who the Mafia players are, then we will lynch you before we lynch the final Mafia player so that you can win the game also. (This applies to anyone who is a jester).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#185 2017-07-25 11:35:53

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:

Okay seriously Processor you've given us enough hints by now. Maxi consistently criticized you throughout Day 1, and he ended up dead the very next night.

This is a good point but I'm going to use it to state another reason why processor is probably innocent rather than scum.

I don't think Maxi was randomly killed. I think the Mafia saw that Maxi was on the offensive towards processor and decided to kill him to make processor look more suspicious. I have a strong feeling that regardless of processors role, lynching him will be a benefit to the mafia.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#186 2017-07-25 12:47:55

Processor

I have been acting strange indeed, openly and intentionally. As you correctly interpreted, I will be behaving like town from now on, no more strangeness.

and sure, I can promise to side with town <3

Devlin wrote:

"totally not roleclaiming" sounds sarcastic to me

Correct.

Devlin wrote:

Why did you appeal specifically to me when you said bimps and N1KF were town?

I was replying to your role list (this post: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 1#p669091). At the time I felt pretty sure that they were behaving pretty town-like. I have now raised some concerns about N1Kf's voting behavior, but I am still going to consider them town-lean for now.

Devlin wrote:

Why do you think smitty is so town this early in the game?
Why did you want us to lynch Gosha in particular?

Additionally, if your role was to have Gosha killed then why not just tell us that? It will confirm my suspicions and will clear your name is it would mean you are technically now a confirmed townie.
Also if you are a jester I would appreciate it if you told us that also. If you are then hopefully the rest of the town will agree with me in offering you the chance to win along side us. By this I mean if we become 100% confident of who the Mafia players are, then we will lynch you before we lynch the final Mafia player so that you can win the game also. (This applies to anyone who is a jester).

Answering any of these maybe could give me a 100% town certificate. Which I'd rather avoid in order to not die from mafia.

Devlin wrote:

I don't think Maxi was randomly killed. I think the Mafia saw that Maxi was on the offensive towards processor and decided to kill him to make processor look more suspicious. I have a strong feeling that regardless of processors role, lynching him will be a benefit to the mafia.

I don't know about that. I feel like Diff/hummerz went harder on me than maxi ever did. It is an interesting choice, I expected Mafia to lynch someone else. After all, no one in town was actually sure that maxi was town, he could have ended up either way...

Wooted by:

#187 2017-07-25 13:31:30

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Here are my new reads:

Proc: Town
Bimps: Leaning town.
Maxi: RIP
N1KF: Leaning town.
Hummerz: Unsure.
Smitty: Town.
Diff: Unsure.
Gosha: RIP.
Rhaz: Unsure.
Kira: Unsure.
Zumza: Town.
Jawapa: Town.

Devlin: Leaning towards Satan.
Onjit: Leaning towards God.

So conclusion: I have absolutely no idea who could be scum. At this point no one seems dodgy to me. The only scum actions I can see now are a lack of contribution from some players but I don't consider silence to me a scum action. This day I am just likely to join whichever wagon I feel is most justified. So basically, whoever is the most persuasive today I will side with.

If you would like me to justify my reads then feel free to ask.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#188 2017-07-25 13:46:25

SmittyW

Devlin wrote:

what makes you think I am so Town?

Because you type WAY too much.

Also I like that you insistently pushed against Processor without jumping on the bandwagon and blaming him solely for Gosha's death, and still resolving that he's town.

have a gold star

Wooted by:

#189 2017-07-25 13:59:57

Zumza

Devlin wrote:

I would agree with a Kira lynch.

#190 2017-07-25 14:13:29

Kira

At this point I'm suspicious of Zumza

Zumza wrote:
Devlin wrote:

I would agree with a Kira lynch.

What makes you think I'm scum? You're going to make the same mistake with Gosha, I feel like this is just another plot to gang on me, get me lynched.
However I have town and I seriously think something big's going on, Processor, Diff, Hummerz and Zumza all seem shady to me.

#191 2017-07-25 14:27:16

Kira

^ sorry for the typos, on phone

#192 2017-07-25 14:44:00

RhazzleFrazzle

!vote Zumza

What even are your posts? They look so forced and unnatural.

#193 2017-07-25 14:53:36

Zumza

All your posts seem to be dust in the eyes.
Obvious moves, leaking character...

Pointed you out and I'm instantly suspicious.

Kira wrote:

I live in the shadows, you might not see me, hear me or even notice me, but I am always watching over my citizens...

Kira wrote:
N1KF wrote:

As a sidenote, I don't like how Kira is being so ominous and quiet. As cool as the gritty Batman-esque in-the-shadows type of persona is, it ain't helpin' us much.

Sometimes the best way is to stay quiet, It's day 1, I chose now to reveal too much right off the bat. Get to know who you're dealing with then strike.

You're suggesting you're some kind of PR. I wouldn't think you would just throw out your role so easily, it wouldn't be wise.

Kira wrote:

You also talk about manipulation but you never really had any opinions of your own or at least never told us anything. Today you've also appended to the first bandwagon.

RhazzleFrazzle wrote:

!vote Zumza

What even are your posts? They look so forced and unnatural.

I'm just trying to add more dynamics into the conversation. Trying to say everything I could now in case I might not be able to later.

#194 2017-07-25 15:07:26

Onjit
Website

Vote Count:

[3]Processor - N1KF, MrJawapa, Kira
[2] N1KF - Bimps, Zumza
[1] Zumza - RhazzleFrazzle

[1] No Lynch - Hummerz5

6 votes needed for a majority.

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#195 2017-07-25 15:21:20

hummerz5

So the complaints about me seem to be me being cautious and my push on processor. Fair enough.

@Proc: I want to hold you accountable because that push was inordinate. Instead of saying "we need to lynch someone" you said "we need to lynch gosha" which loses a lot of merit on your behalf.

I found proc suspicious because of this lack of tact. Obviously proc would be wiser than to go around and repeatedly angle towards one person. So, I'm lead to believe he had some other agenda besides simply lynching someone. He was much too transparent.

and hey you accuse me of just following the bandwagon? No, I'm not jumping with "lynch proc" because other people are. I said before that I wanted to lynch proc if Gosha fell through. I'm simply carrying through on my idea. That's not overzealous, that's just believing he betrayed some level of trust by falsely pushing so hard.

sorry I can't be more in-depth and look at others. I can save you time by looking after my own affairs but I g2g so thanks bye

Wooted by:

#196 2017-07-25 17:14:08

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

If this seems like a limited selection of posts to respond to, that's just because I'm getting the N1KF response posts out of the way before I do more analyzing.

Re: Zumza
Processor wrote:

Keep in mind it was me who pushed for a d1 lynch and convinced Onjit.

K? So what? Another lynch means another dead player for the Mafia. While it does indeed make things slightly harder for the Mafia, it doesn't prove your innocence.

I never claimed to know Goshas role from my powers and I in fact, did not.

Nope. You said that Gosha was definitely a Mafioso. Unless you're a daycop or a Mafioso, you can't know who guilty, so stop being so authoritative. You're not intimidating anybody.

Wooted by:

#197 2017-07-25 17:27:53

Processor

N1KF wrote:

K? So what? Another lynch means another dead player for the Mafia.

No. It actually does not help mafia at all. To quote myself (from https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 2#p669022) "not having d1 lynch when there's an odd number of players means that town will get 1 less lynch in total before it loses" and "it's a lot easier to get an odd numbered town to lynch someone. " Both of these perks benefit town and not mafia, and I'm taking credit for that.

Nothing I say or do does 100% prove my innocence, that's not the point of this game.

N1KF wrote:

Nope. You said that Gosha was definitely a Mafioso.

Processor wrote:

I do want you to vote on Gosha not because you "trust" me but because you've been convinced that he is indeed scum.
I might die this night so let me tell you that I want to discourage you from trusting anything but your own rational thinking.
"Trusting" me however, is a pretty good excuse to have on D2 in case this lynch goes bad. I want you to know that everyone who votes for Gosha is equally responsible for his death.

Processor wrote:

I want you to be convinced that it is a good idea to lynch Gosha, that it is our best option right now. If it isn't please tell me what you think is better. Of course neither you nor I can be 100% sure if someone is scum, but we will lose if we don't take our chances.

??!

#198 2017-07-25 17:33:14

Different55
Forum Admin

Processor wrote:
Gosha wrote:

Why me lol

Ask Onjit why he made you mafia.

although this is a pretty obvious joke post so

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#199 2017-07-25 17:44:40

Zumza

!unvote
!vote Kira

#200 2017-07-25 17:54:48

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Proc, you made some fair points. But you made like ten posts Day 1 complaining that people aren't voting for Gosha which is really suspicious so I'm keeping my vote on you. For now.

Zumza wrote:

!unvote
!vote Kira

Yeah good idea.

Kira, if you don't speak up about what's going on in that head of yours, you're gonna get lynched. Be a good sport and help out the town.

Onjit1501550592670577

Board footer