Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-13 21:03:38, last edited by Mieaz (2017-07-14 00:35:34)

Mieaz

Nevermind, they got banned

don't mind this topic, justice has been served ;D

first let me count, the sad, broken rules in this post:

Spam (Minor) - posting in the wrong topic - if they wanted to discuss g4p drama, they could do it in proper topic, not game business. Also: does not add to discussion ("oh no good member left" does NOT add to discussion whatsoever. Explaining why they are good member or anything similar does.)

Off-Topic - totally irrelevant to main theme -- toop leaving the team. Talking valueless about specific person is off-topic. But okay, "you first have to politely ask them to stop"

"Be nice." - unfortunately, the most important rule is not being enforced. This is cyberbullying, not as in "mommy this person hacked me he's not safe for internet :-(!!!", No, this is straight-intentional attacking another person. Trust me, if it was about someone people cared more like, say, jawapa, everybody would react in a different way and disapprove this kind of posts, so what's the catch? is one forumer worth more than another lmao?
Also, if you want to talk about forum member non-relevant to discussion, why do it in "game bussines"??

Troublemaking - as rules state "Unnecessary rudeness, or purposefully trying to start a fight.", they both apply to this post. Furthermore, this post already provocated 2 off-topic posts; this one and this one. Seriously, I got troublemaking warning for typing the word g@y, so I can't see any explanation at all why Greeny's post isn't troublemaking

Nub - "things that are disruptive to the forums". People would come to forums to see why toop left, what happens after that, etc. Instead what do they see? low-thinked posts targeting some random people without a good reason.

I guess your immediate reactions are "lul bruh he cen just ignor them". Well that post wasn't posted because a reaction, this post simply came out of nowhere with intention to provocate.

My intention here isn't to defend someone or talk about dramas or whatever, what I am talking about is posts' contents. I only want this place to be free from these lowest-quality rule-bordering types of posts.

^^^EDIT: to clarify a bit, this whole post describes the post linked in first sentence, as well as comparing it to forums overall

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

Wooted by:

#2 2017-07-13 22:02:57, last edited by hummerz5 (2017-07-13 22:03:29)

hummerz5

Re: Nevermind, they got banned

There's too much to discuss with the time I have atm.

But can we just discuss whether or not it's reasonable for him to take offense? IIRC the whole story is Mysterion used to go by German4Power or something. Now people call him/her by their old name and they find that offensive?

is that the whole thing?

edit: also, thanks for making it clear you weren't trying to defend anyone. That helps clear things up

#3 2017-07-13 22:46:40

Xfrogman43

not sure if you mentioned the clock thing but the last line, "you want to see a clock" means the kys clock.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#4 2017-07-13 23:03:12, last edited by Mieaz (2017-07-13 23:05:17)

Mieaz

@hummerz5

since you were in rush, make sure to read the last sentence later again (one above "EDIT")

I do NOT want to discuss who's right and who's wrong in that messy g4p drama. What I DO want is that posts like THIS ONE get rid out of forums since they're not contributing/doing any good to forums.

OT: If forums don't allow NVD memes/drama which actually does some minor good to EE, then why allow g4p drama? NVD thing at least raises some awareness, while the latter one is just waste of everyone's time.

Edit: by getting rid of it, I mean force-ban it. As you can see in OP, it breaks MULTIPLE rules, crazy T.T

#5 2017-07-13 23:34:30

hummerz5

well the meme may be a brief waste of time yes but that's true of many memes

also, you're stretching that NVD spam into something it isn't lol

seems just as reasonable to ignore them (when they aren't abusing a system, like spamming topics)

#6 2017-07-13 23:38:53

Mieaz

well this isn't topic, that's the post. type of the post that makes me cringe every time
and it does abuse the system since it breaks multiple rules, and people just get away with it? why? any explanation and reason?

#7 2017-07-14 00:25:07

hummerz5

well ultimately a lot of the rules can be subjective. If they weren't, we wouldn't have people complaining all the time. It's just a surprise that for once someone is complaining that the rules weren't interpreted strictly enough.

Didn't know about the clock thing.

"abuse the system"
are you suggesting that whenever someone breaks a rule, the "Nub" should be added because they aren't respecting the rule system?

"This is cyberbullying, not as in "mommy this person hacked me he's not safe for internet :-(!!!", No, this is straight-intentional attacking another person. Trust me, if it was about someone people cared more like, say, jawapa, everybody would react in a different way and disapprove this kind of posts, so what's the catch? is one forumer worth more than another lmao?"
Well maybe if it were someone else they wouldn't respond in the manner that this user chooses to.

#8 2017-07-14 01:06:21

Mieaz

hummerz5 wrote:

It's just a surprise that for once someone is complaining that the rules weren't interpreted strictly enough.

thanks I guess lel

hummerz5 wrote:

Didn't know about the clock thing.

Idk about this stuff, can something be removed on request if there's valid reason? https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/b/b9/132_unsure

hummerz5 wrote:

are you suggesting that whenever someone breaks a rule, the "Nub" should be added because they aren't respecting the rule system?

well not really since it'd be ofc too much, however I do believe intentionally trying to evade rules with BAD INTENTIONS should have it's punishment, but this might be whole new discussion ?

hummerz5 wrote:

Well maybe if it were someone else they wouldn't respond in the manner that this user chooses to.

for me, it doesn't really matter, what I think should be looked at is the post itself, not the person behind it (although you often do need to look at the person behind it to understand the situation better)

Mieaz1499990781667834

Board footer