Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-23 22:05:39

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

What are the most spoken languages in EE?

Obviously English is the most common language used throughout EE, but what are the others?

If I had to guess I would say the other most used are Spanish and Dutch (mainly Dutch).

The reason I am asking is because the worlds I am using have mechanics that are usually only understood from reading the few signs I have placed. These signs are written in English and it makes me sad when I see users who do not understand English quit my worlds because they can't read the signs.

In response to this, I want to include translated versions of the signs. Since I can't have a sign for every language, I want to know which languages are most worth it to translate to.

So basically, what languages do you speak? What languages have you seen other people speaking? and how frequently do you see this happening?

All help with this is appreciated.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#2 2017-06-23 22:57:56

danielcool1
Website

Re: What are the most spoken languages in EE?

Thanks for letting me know //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

AnnrjYL.png q1EPQvE.png

Thank AnatolyEE for the picture on top of this link. And credit to Bluecloud for making a signature for me at the picture next to AnatolyEE.

My YouTube Channel

#3 2017-06-24 02:56:07

Pingohits
Banned

i see a ton of portuguese

there used to be countless polish worlds, but not sure what happened to them now

791mAP8.png

#4 2017-06-24 04:18:33

Gosha

There are a lot of people that have to talk English because their language is not supported

#5 2017-06-24 08:20:36

Onjit
Website

a lot of people seem to speak whatever language soniiety speaks

:.|:;

#6 2017-06-24 10:31:14

Nebula

sometimes people speak on hungarian language, you know...

#7 2017-06-24 11:25:01, last edited by Emma333 (2017-06-24 11:26:43)

Emma333

You don't have to translate to Dutch, we speak it because it's easier, but almost everyone on EE who speaks Dutch understands English very well.
I think this counts for almost every language, most Spanish people also understand English well.

Ofcourse a lot of people on EE have some struggles understanding English, so using easy sentences would help a lot more than translating, because then you help everyone with English as 2nd language instead of just some people.

Pm me with anything math related please

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2017-06-24 11:52:48

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Emma333 wrote:

You don't have to translate to Dutch, we speak it because it's easier, but almost everyone on EE who speaks Dutch understands English very well.
I think this counts for almost every language, most Spanish people also understand English well.

Ofcourse a lot of people on EE have some struggles understanding English, so using easy sentences would help a lot more than translating, because then you help everyone with English as 2nd language instead of just some people.

I do agree that essentially every Dutch speaker I have met also speaks English, but I still want to translate for some of the people who speak barely any English, even if this only helps 1 or 2 people. Also, the problem with the easy words is that I do not know what is considered easy to other languages. The words I tend to use in game I would consider quite simple but I do not know what words are considered as such to other languages as they may not have been taught the words.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#9 2017-06-24 20:18:18

peace

Devlin wrote:
Emma333 wrote:

I do agree that essentially every Dutch speaker I have met also speaks English, but I still want to translate for some of the people who speak barely any English, even if this only helps 1 or 2 people. Also, the problem with the easy words is that I do not know what is considered easy to other languages. The words I tend to use in game I would consider quite simple but I do not know what words are considered as such to other languages as they may not have been taught the words.

well im dutch too but i understand a bit english as well translating will result in a bad trranslate most/some tims and that mmakes things worser

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2017-06-24 22:04:27

Latif

My younger brother keeps a tab open with google translate, just to be sure if someone says a word he doesn't know.

By the way, I don't really like to speak dutch in a public world. It's pretty weird to other people because they don't know the language, and it kind of spams the chat for them. My friends don't want to speak English because Dutch is easier, while I can just type English easily and I can type it as fast as Dutch.

Let the people read the English signs. If they don't read, they don't improve. What does it matter if these small amount of people don't play your world, just because they can't read English very well.

Wooted by:

#11 2017-06-25 01:05:19

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2017-06-25 10:57:43

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Thanks, that is amazingly helpful.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#13 2017-06-26 21:16:37

Saint-14
Formerly The Armamentarium

endglesh
port you geeze
polich

Saint-141498508197665601

Board footer