Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-23 12:22:11

Dan9122

Blue gravity

I'm thinking of a new block called "blue gravity". It would be a dot or an arrow, depending on your current gravity and it stays like that as long as you're on it. E.g. you move into up gravity, then move into blue gravity which would move you up, then you get off of it, making the blue gravity move you down.
What do you guys think?
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYrB4o_TQl4

#2 2017-06-23 12:43:36

LukeM
Website

Re: Blue gravity

So... a block that continues your current gravity?
Seems like a good idea, and would be a very useful thing, both for minigames, and for switch things //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile although im not sure how easy it would be to implement

#3 2017-06-23 13:58:01

hummerz5

destroyer123 wrote:

although im not sure how easy it would be to implement

I love these sorts of things because I have very little idea how they work but it's fun to shoot ideas.

So we know we already have the dot which essentially continues gravity. However, the differences are that it has some friction coefficient and users can control their movement in it.

So, surely we could have some other block that simply has a coefficient of zero? I imagine the movement control could be a bit more difficult. Perhaps the system that prevents people from simply moving against gravity could be used in that case? Just ignore their modifiers while on this block

Granted, it's been like three years since I've looked at EE movement code

#4 2017-06-23 14:36:34, last edited by LukeM (2017-06-23 14:42:06)

LukeM
Website

hummerz5 wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

I love these sorts of things because I have very little idea how they work but it's fun to shoot ideas.

So we know we already have the dot which essentially continues gravity. However, the differences are that it has some friction coefficient and users can control their movement in it.

So, surely we could have some other block that simply has a coefficient of zero? I imagine the movement control could be a bit more difficult. Perhaps the system that prevents people from simply moving against gravity could be used in that case? Just ignore their modifiers while on this block

I guess there are two ways to think about it...
One is that its basically super slippery ice, so whatever speed you enter at continues (in which case I'd guess it would be fairly easy, as you say)
Another way to think about it is that it could be something that actually actively continues the gravity you previously experienced, like what would happen if you replaced every single gravity block with the new effects, so when you left them, your current gravity continued (might be a bit harder)

Edit: I guess it would be cool if they were both added XD I can think of hundreds of things they could be used for //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Wooted by:

#5 2017-06-23 14:52:42

peace

hummerz5 wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

you would still be able to move left/righ tif u go up or up/down if u got left/right

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#6 2017-06-23 17:24:07, last edited by Gosha (2017-06-23 17:26:15)

Gosha

this works bad but this is at least something
I can't jump when my speed in bigger than 1.5 pixels per second.

goQjIYe.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2017-06-23 17:42:43

LukeM
Website

As Gosha has done that version, I thought Id do the other one (sorry, but no fancy clients from me, just good old fashioned bad video editing //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue):
XDjm6cR.gif?1
I couldnt be bothered to edit in some sort of blue thing in the 3x3 in the middle, so youll just have to imaging its there, and changing shape or whatever

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2017-06-23 18:44:01

peace

Gosha wrote:

this works bad but this is at least something
I can't jump when my speed in bigger than 1.5 pixels per second.

http://i.imgur.com/goQjIYe.gif

whatabout speed effect?!

peace.png

#9 2017-06-23 18:51:31

Gosha

peace men wrote:

whatabout speed effect?!

what about that?

#10 2017-06-23 18:56:48

peace

Gosha wrote:
peace men wrote:

whatabout speed effect?!

what about that?

you said you couldnt jumo when your speed is bigger then 1,5 pixels well with speed effect its way bigger but u can still jump

peace.png

#11 2017-06-23 19:03:40

Gosha

peace men wrote:

you said you couldnt jumo when your speed is bigger then 1,5 pixels well with speed effect its way bigger but u can still jump

What?

your speed acceleration becomes bigger
That means you'll have higher speed.

if you move faster 1.5 pixels per second you can't jump
1.5 pixels per second is extremly slow btw.

#12 2017-06-23 19:11:41

peace

Gosha wrote:
peace men wrote:

What?

your speed acceleration becomes bigger
That means you'll have higher speed.

if you move faster 1.5 pixels per second you can't jump
1.5 pixels per second is extremly slow btw.

yeah so u move faster isnt it? an what about ice?

peace.png

#13 2017-06-23 19:18:12

Gosha

peace men wrote:

yeah so u move faster isnt it?

Yes, with speed effect you move faster. (wtf)

peace men wrote:

an what about ice?

ice doesn't increase your speed. You just don't lose your speed on ice.

#14 2017-06-23 19:31:45, last edited by LukeM (2017-06-23 19:32:02)

LukeM
Website

peace: One of the options is to have a 'zero friction' surface (in Gosha's demo this is a block, but a dot type thing would probably work better if it is actually added), where you just continue at the speed you entered it until you leave or stop. Having things like ice or effects wouldnt make any difference to this, as you wouldnt be able to control yourself anyway. I think the 1.5 pixels thing was just how Gosha implemented it (prob. because it was easier), but if it was actually added, it would be implemented properly

#15 2017-06-23 19:34:02

Gosha

destroyer123 wrote:

I think the 1.5 pixels thing was just how Gosha implemented it (prob. because it was easier)

I was thinking about this.
If you want to be still on the ice block - you shouldn't jump.
but if you are moving incredibly slow - you should have a way to stop yourself

that's why i picked 1.5

Wooted by:

#16 2017-06-23 20:16:14

peace

destroyer123 wrote:

peace: One of the options is to have a 'zero friction' surface (in Gosha's demo this is a block, but a dot type thing would probably work better if it is actually added), where you just continue at the speed you entered it until you leave or stop. Having things like ice or effects wouldnt make any difference to this, as you wouldnt be able to control yourself anyway. I think the 1.5 pixels thing was just how Gosha implemented it (prob. because it was easier), but if it was actually added, it would be implemented properly

i guess you would still be able to move up or down if u go left/right with arrows liek u entered a > arrows and then touch the blue arrow u continu goin gleft u could move up and down couldnt u?

peace.png

peace1498245374665269

Board footer