Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-19 04:11:55

Devan

Edit Blocks

This block I'm suggesting has been in a hacked client of EE. Basically this block gives the player that touched it edit. And also have a block that removes it, and it can affect players in god mode (useful if you want players to edit in a certain range). Obviously the owner is immune to these effects. This is also useful in case the owner is offline and someone needs to edit something.

There should be an option if players that are given (or forced in) god mode are allowed to gain edit from the block.

I'm not desperately wanting this in the next update, so you can put it in whenever you want (or not).

#2 2017-05-19 05:30:55

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Re: Edit Blocks

no, because a hacked client user would gain the ability to edit

suddenly random sig change

#3 2017-05-19 05:48:55

Arronix

Slabdrill wrote:

It's maybe the time to find a solution for it then... It's stupid limit EE possibilities because of hacking.
And if I remember good there was a Benjaminsen's world where players had edit in a specific area, there wasn't any problems.

#4 2017-05-19 06:25:07

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

Can you erase the edit block if your not the owner?

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#5 2017-05-19 06:28:44

Minisaurus
Banned

I already suggested a barrier for god & edit, and a way to give edit massively in a map:
God & Edit Barrier: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=33891
God & Edit & others: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=33832

#6 2017-05-19 08:29:51

LukeM
Website

The reason it worked in benjaminsens world was because you could only edit in that one area, and anyone could, so hacked clients couldn't abuse it, but as soon as you let them edit anywhere, then they will probably gain edit and troll the world.
The only (easyish) way to fix the hacking problem would be to have the servers check every single movement message, and check that they are all in places that the player would be after their previous messages.
It would probably be easier if all movements were timestamp based, but that would mean a major rewrite of a lot of the physics engine

#7 2017-06-19 07:48:42

Devan

I think a solution to the edit block would be to set limitations, like whether the player collected a certain amount of coins, whether it is an exact amount, an amount that is higher or lower, or anything but that number of coins, and it could also be set by if a player has activated certain purple switches or even how many deaths the player has had. Even though the hackers could try getting past this, it would take longer to get edit. At certain points it should even kick the player if they somehow teleported to the edit block, just like how the player gets kicked if they cheat in a campign.

#8 2017-06-19 07:53:50, last edited by LukeM (2017-06-19 07:54:33)

LukeM
Website

Devan wrote:

I think a solution to the edit block would be to set limitations, like whether the player collected a certain amount of coins, whether it is an exact amount, an amount that is higher or lower, or anything but that number of coins, and it could also be set by if a player has activated certain purple switches or even how many deaths the player has had. Even though the hackers could try getting past this, it would take longer to get edit. At certain points it should even kick the player if they somehow teleported to the edit block, just like how the player gets kicked if they cheat in a campign.

Adding more requirements wouldn't really make it much harder, as as soon as one person writes code to fulfill all the requirements, everyone will be using it.
Adding some sort of message validation would be a more likely solution, but then there would need to be quite a few changes to physics so it can't be easily bypassed, and it would be quite difficult.

#9 2017-06-19 15:06:46

skullz17

Slabdrill wrote:

Well, it doesn't matter because the worlds that use this are the same worlds that would set a code and give it to winners at the end.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:
skullz171497881206664567

Board footer