Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-11 19:13:33

Anatoly

Is friend-swear allowed?

If two friends swear at themselves and a 3rd Person comes, reports them both, ... Will that be valid? I mean if it's a private world, but still shown in profile

#2 2017-04-11 19:15:59, last edited by LukeM (2017-04-11 19:16:21)

LukeM
Website

Re: Is friend-swear allowed?

Im pretty sure all swearing is allowed, as long as your not trying to avoid the filter, and as long as your not also breaking any of the other rules

#3 2017-04-11 19:51:28

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

destroyer123 wrote:

Im pretty sure all swearing is allowed, as long as your not trying to avoid the filter, and as long as your not also breaking any of the other rules

According to the rules, swearing directed towards others isn't allowed. However, whether or not that rule is enforced isn't made clear, as I've seen a former moderator talk about how they didn't enforce it.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#4 2017-04-11 20:20:05

XxAtillaxX

In the instances where someone is being verbally harassed, it would obviously be enforced.
If they are your friend, and it's clearly non-aggressive, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

The rules aren't enforced on a black-and-white basis. Unfortunately for N1KF, a perspective in accordance with the situation is considered.
I'm fairly sure the majority of people within the game would agree that moderators shouldn't baby-sit worlds, especially private ones.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#5 2017-04-11 21:15:39, last edited by N1KF (2017-04-11 21:18:23)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

The rules aren't enforced on a black-and-white basis. Unfortunately for N1KF, a perspective in accordance with the situation is considered.

This sounds pretty black-and-white to me:

In order to establish a welcoming environment for all of our players, there are rules and guidelines in place that everyone must follow.

I'm fine with flexibility in the rules, as long as that flexibility supported by the actual rules themselves. Otherwise, you have an invisible rule ("these rules are flexible"). If the rules are enforced in a different way than the rules page suggests, why doesn't it bring it up? Otherwise, you'll have literal-minded people like me misinterpreting the rules! It's better to have the rules be clear than to be vague just because of "common sense."

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'm fairly sure the majority of people within the game would agree that moderators shouldn't baby-sit worlds, especially private ones.

Everybody Edits has never had any form of democracy, so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#6 2017-04-11 22:08:18

HeyNK

Pretty sure there was a rule somewhere back stating that there is a difference between ****, I fell! and You **** moron!

#7 2017-04-11 22:16:02, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-04-11 22:18:17)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

Everybody Edits has never had any form of democracy, so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

Just because it isn't a democracy doesn't automatically mean it has to be a police state. In my opinion the rules need to be updated in detail as currently they are way to vague. But I don't think that swearing should be something that is punishable unless it is purposely done outside of the filter or with malicious intent. In cases where a staff member believes that someone who is swearing has gone over the line in regards to their language directed at another user, then they should ask the potential victim if they are offended or affected by the words of the person swearing before reaching a decision on if that user should be punished and how long for.

HeyNK wrote:

Pretty sure there was a rule somewhere back stating that there is a difference between ****, I fell! and You **** moron!

I've said similar words to my friends to what you used in your second example. Since my friends were okay with this, and I was aware of that, surely that would mean I should not be punished as there was no malicious intent involved and hence my comments were not harmful?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#8 2017-04-11 22:21:54

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

HeyNK wrote:

Well there's 4 community "guidelines" that apply:

• Be nice to others and respect each other.

• Do your best to keep a nice atmosphere in the game.

• Keep the chat safe for younger players.

• Do not spam or harass others.

These give the mods pretty much free subjective reign over what actions are bannable, so imo it's almost entirely about whether a player gets reported.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#9 2017-04-12 22:58:50

HeyNK

^ Don't care about anything you posted, but I know for a fact used to be a mod who said that somewhere on this forum. Probably chewy.

#10 2017-04-13 16:31:21

Creature

Casual swearing should be allowed, as long it isn't meant to humiliate the other person.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:
Creature1492097481654572

Board footer