Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-10 01:58:27, last edited by Nuclear-navy (2017-01-10 02:55:59)

Nuclear-navy
Anonymous user

Advice?

Alright, well I have a girlfriend that I've had for almost 2 years now, we are freshmen in college. She's a very independent girl, she likes to do her own thing, and she doesn't like being told, I don't control her and she doesn't control me, we're happy together, we're more of an old couple than a college couple. Anyways, I want to know if I am in the wrong.

I had a foreign exchange student when I was a senior in Highschool, and we're going to go visit her, my girlfriend is staying a week extra and is going to go party with her and what not. I absolutely feel sick when I'm not with her when she's at parties or wants to drink because I am worried for her and I don't want anything to happen to her, I start to have almost panic attacks, I've never had one so idk what they actually feel like. But we had an argument today about me not wanting her to drink and party at random people's houses with drunk guys around her. And that I'd rather her not drink in another country when she doesn't even speak the native language so if anything did happen to her she would be completely out of luck. Since she's very independent she says that she is still going to drink and apologizes for me stressing out. Am I in the wrong to ask this? When we're here at college all I ask is that I be with her to make sure nothing happens to her, but here guys aren't easily allowed into parties so it's not always the easiest thing to get me into the parties to make sure she's okay.

#2 2017-01-10 02:18:08, last edited by Dirty_Dan (2017-01-10 02:18:33)

Dirty_Dan
Anonymous user

Re: Advice?

this really isn't the place to ask for relationship advice

edit:
well I'll be damned, I'm dirty_dan!

#3 2017-01-10 02:19:26

communistCatgirl
Anonymous user

congrats on dirty dannad ytrid no stargnoc

#4 2017-01-10 02:20:48

Nuclear-navy
Anonymous user

Nuclear-navy wrote:

First i wanted to see if this would be anon, but also, is there logical people out there willing to give solid advice on a college relationship? I don't really have anyone close to ask, so I wanted to see if strangers on the internet could help.

Yeah, that's why im just seeing if there's anyone on here that may

#5 2017-01-10 02:26:13, last edited by dangerous_dan (2017-01-10 02:26:33)

dangerous_dan
Anonymous user

sure why not i'll tell you what i can (which is nothing)

edit: dangerous > dirty

#6 2017-01-10 02:36:57

Dirty_Dan
Anonymous user

dangerous_dan wrote:

dangerous > dirty

what if you're dangerously dirty?

#7 2017-01-10 02:42:17

solid_salesgirl
Anonymous user

oh yeah a forum about a 2D smileys game with an isolated edgy community that consists mostly of sociopaths and people who never seen any sunlight except for that passing through the window glass is definitely the right place to ask about college relationship

seriously speaking though, i asked for a similar advice and the first and best thing i got was "just be yourself". harder than it seems, sometimes

#8 2017-01-10 02:56:09

Nuclear-navy
Anonymous user

Updated.

#9 2017-01-10 02:56:35, last edited by Uplifted_Uncle (2017-01-10 02:59:28)

gorgeous_ghost
Anonymous user

Relationships between classmates (or coworkers) can be complicated, they might end up hurting/ending both your college grades and the relationship itself

As the philosopher Plato said, "do not defecate where you eat".

Edit: oh, after seeing your edit... yeah that's a sticky situation. guess even with trust and all you have all the rights to be suspicious. but who knows, guy 2 posts above me summed up us well

#10 2017-01-10 15:54:55

WeirdWoman
Anonymous user

If you're worried about other guys, then that's being kinda unfair on her for a 2-year relationship. In your position I'd have more faith.

If it's a general safety thing, you said she'll be partying with the foreign exchange student and friends (even drunk) still look after each other.

IMO it's not wrong to worry, but maybe you're worrying too much and that's strange given the independence you claim you both have and that you don't control each other. Oh wait, *tells her not to drink*.

Perhaps just ask her not to drink too much.

#11 2017-01-10 19:59:31, last edited by Peaceful-laxative (2017-01-10 19:59:43)

Peaceful-laxative
Anonymous user

don't listen to any of these geeds, and you're also dumb for going into college with a girlfriend, but that can't be changed so here's my advice

if you're getting laid constantly you don't have anything to worry about, however, if you aren't, chances are she's tryna move on and there's a high chance shes about to get plowed by Chad and Tyrone at the same time at this party she's going to. 9 times out of 10 if you're not getting some physical action in a relationship, your relationship is going downhill

The way you say "were an old couple rather than a college couple" means she's playing you. If you're investing your time into this chick and she's acting like a prude gtfo of there asap

either way, you shouldn't have brought it up with her because:
a. you look insecure
b. you don't trust her
c. shes angry now

it's also pretty strange to have a girlfriend of 2 years who will go to parties without you, bars are different but you make it sound like they're house/fraternity parties in which case ur girl is being a ****

i dont know what to say other than brace yourself and if she does end up cheating on you just move on and move forward, it's not worth investing this kind of mental energy in a college relationship

#12 2017-01-10 20:14:33

solid_salesgirl
Anonymous user

Peaceful-laxative wrote:

don't listen to any of these geeds, and you're also dumb for going into college with a girlfriend, but that can't be changed so here's my advice

if you're getting laid constantly you don't have anything to worry about, however, if you aren't, chances are she's tryna move on and there's a high chance shes about to get plowed by Chad and Tyrone at the same time at this party she's going to. 9 times out of 10 if you're not getting some physical action in a relationship, your relationship is going downhill

The way you say "were an old couple rather than a college couple" means she's playing you. If you're investing your time into this chick and she's acting like a prude gtfo of there asap

either way, you shouldn't have brought it up with her because:
a. you look insecure
b. you don't trust her
c. shes angry now

it's also pretty strange to have a girlfriend of 2 years who will go to parties without you, bars are different but you make it sound like they're house/fraternity parties in which case ur girl is being a ****

i dont know what to say other than brace yourself and if she does end up cheating on you just move on and move forward, it's not worth investing this kind of mental energy in a college relationship

johhnycraig is that you?

#13 2017-01-10 20:21:38, last edited by Giraffe28 (2017-01-10 23:08:07)

Giraffe28
Anonymous user

Go talk it out, and if she disregards your concerns, then leave her immediately. I've seen enough relationships go down this route to know what happens next
You might think a two year relationship shouldn't be abandoned, however it's the best choice compared to multiple years in a relationship with someone who is cheating on you.

If you think nothing will happen when she's drunk, you're misleading yourself. You're worried for a reason, and you shouldn't ignore it.
You should never capitulate out of hope and love. Think with your brain, it's simple, and it's the only way to form lasting faithful relationships.

It's one of the few times Insanity has been correct. You should take it from him, he's unable to form a relationship and likely knows from experience.

- XxAtillaxX

Wooted by:

#14 2017-01-10 21:53:06

WeirdWoman
Anonymous user

Dirty Dan was right; this isn't the place to ask for relationship advice.

Ignore the cynics and go find an actual advice forum.

#15 2017-01-10 23:27:30

Dirty_Dan
Anonymous user

WeirdWoman wrote:

go find an actual advice forum.

like askReddit

#16 2017-01-10 23:49:54

celiac_crusader
Anonymous user

Dirty_Dan wrote:
WeirdWoman wrote:

go find an actual advice forum.

like askReddit

no don't do that

#17 2017-01-21 08:26:35

jazzed_jerk
Anonymous user

I simply hate advice

#18 2017-01-21 18:18:56

awkward_Apple
Anonymous user

"What place should I get advice from...?"
"Real life? no... Reddit? Ugh, no... Maybe..."
"Oh, let's just ask for advice in a forum about a game about flipping moving emojis."

good idea mate

Board footer