Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#27 2016-12-07 19:32:51, last edited by Master1 (2016-12-07 19:33:37)

Master1

Re: Please, riot.

Zumza wrote:

I don't know where and when this has been settled but I don't agree.

It was settled in staff chat a few months back when I was still a moderator. Benje00 and I based our moderation off of that agreement for quite a long time.

Zumza wrote:

Lets try another analogy, perhaps you'll understand this one:
You're a kindergarten teacher supervising a group of kids playing with legos.
At some point a kid starts throwing legos into another kid. Nobody asks for your help.
From your stand of view you think that you should not act unless somebody starts crying.
But I beg too differ, throwing with legos isn't safe, you shouldn't wait until he is left without an eye. You should stop them from the start.

... Once again your using an analogy that describes something where someone could be in physical pain. Let me correct you by using something more appropriate for this.

2 kids are calling each other names, and your standing there watching. If neither of the kids involved care enough to tell someone, then what is the point in you telling someone. You're just going to get both kids in trouble and have them hate you. I can't see any situation where it would be best to go tell their parents if all they're doing is simple name calling.

Stop trying to bring literal fighting into something that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by:

#28 2016-12-07 21:29:04, last edited by Norwee (2016-12-21 09:05:18)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Stop being such a fanny Jakub321

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#29 2016-12-07 22:17:30, last edited by BuzzerBee (2016-12-20 02:18:27)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Stop being such a <snip> Jakub321

you got something against felines?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#30 2016-12-08 12:55:23, last edited by BuzzerBee (2016-12-20 02:18:42)

Jedpogi

maxi123 wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Stop being such a <snip> Jakub321

you got something against felines?

jakub is not a human ayy lmao

叄咶吹吱吅厬匷匕勹动凸刲刳刎凸制冹匸勋像償亡丸乮伶睻豖豔財貜谷谧谕鷙鶂鶢鷑袂蠲蠿勋像償亡丸乮伶睻豖豔㰹㲐㱯㳫㲎財貜吅厬匷匕勹动凸刲刳刎凸衢袶蜽蝽蝇螷虜蘢葖萜蓀蒱臯臼俠俟俘䶳两买予丵乂争䳮䴻䳻䵍䵏䵴丹义䶘乸亖乵么乯圞圝圜圛圚圙團圗圖圕圔圓園亠亞亹亸伏伦冁儿兾冃冫冷冷冥冧凕勓勦劔礞䮼㼿㽗㼟㽵㼼㽹㽴㻻㶈㸁鐒鏔鏟鐷鹳鸟糱紘糹紖瘦癣癶瘱痿皜妍妋奋妘夲太圌四䯗彗垭䮘䰜幼幺螨枞奒㱯㰹㲐㱯㚻㚎㛷瘺皙皁阆阝閁髈薟蕚藃藯藎薒薝蕙薭蕴菲菏萠落萇菞菵萬䪺铭働䛒砯㩾癟䓪星卐卍厚印叄厉厕去叮厝匇匛匍勲区勨厉吪变厹吸吂厯厞䟬䞾侸㐀㐅㐻㓩㔗㕀㘛㖴㖕㗼㘣㘄㖵㘇㘯㘞㘟㖠㖍㱷㲷㱨㱃㲗㳓㲃㲺㳝㳨㳖㲅㱘㳀㳐㳖㳫㳫㔩㒽㒠㓯㓿㓀㒚㒭㓈㒚㓽㓷㔦㕂㙾㘧㚏㜶㛠㝋㛄㜬㛲㛜㜧㜆㚺㚡㜟㝞㞀㝏㞁㞬㞧㝤㝽㞺㞗㝄㜞㝖㝜㞃㞭㟕㟗㡉㟛㠚㠙㡩㠠㟜㠻㡵㣪㢓㣻㣀㢄㢩㣂㤂㥹㣹㥟㤹㤝㥚㥋㤹㥶㤧㤐䫒䫶䭊䫱䬊䪰涢涂涯浹淝淭笼竟筇讏謸讠讟譭讖譍謨謣豺谪豔豤谻豲豤豻豖谕谡豋賏貎貵貏豢賘賌貋跳趺跹踵踣赻趞跅趲踰踷軨躾軎軞軦軾軀躦躀躕軩躙躑辫转辤迏辘辄轴辜迖辦迏辚辭辶辴迉迭辯辻辁迬迧辫鄘郅邮郪郛邯部釐醡釄酷酣醢醥里酶釓釉野金鋁鉏銎鉖銓銼鋓銼鎥鏑鎗鏓鏉鎓鍕鍯鏗鏾鏤鎕鎫鎒鍭鎔鎪鎗鍺鎵鏓鐎鐡铗钖钄铕锓铮铐锍铼锞铡锒

02/04/2021: Sorry for being an unfunny piece of ****, no-good human trash. I hate my **** life.

#31 2016-12-08 14:11:57

Zumza

Master1 wrote:
Zumza wrote:

I don't know where and when this has been settled but I don't agree.

It was settled in staff chat a few months back when I was still a moderator. Benje00 and I based our moderation off of that agreement for quite a long time.

Zumza wrote:

Lets try another analogy, perhaps you'll understand this one:
You're a kindergarten teacher supervising a group of kids playing with legos.
At some point a kid starts throwing legos into another kid. Nobody asks for your help.
From your stand of view you think that you should not act unless somebody starts crying.
But I beg too differ, throwing with legos isn't safe, you shouldn't wait until he is left without an eye. You should stop them from the start.

... Once again your using an analogy that describes something where someone could be in physical pain. Let me correct you by using something more appropriate for this.

2 kids are calling each other names, and your standing there watching. If neither of the kids involved care enough to tell someone, then what is the point in you telling someone. You're just going to get both kids in trouble and have them hate you. I can't see any situation where it would be best to go tell their parents if all they're doing is simple name calling.

Stop trying to bring literal fighting into something that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

My explanation was already included. Why did you cut it off from the quote?

Zumza wrote:

Now going back to our scenario:
The lego pieces are the "kys" messages.
Perhaps the user isn't going to report. Statistics shows than people who suffer of mental breakdowns, don't seek for help by them own, thus they won't report anything even if it does affect them.
Perhaps at some point the bullied person might actually do the step.
Having a voice always telling you to do something, makes you at some point to do it. The only way is to stop hearing that voice.

If you want me to adapt my analogy to yours, you just have to ask...
If the two kids are calling themselves names, it lowers both of them self esteem.
Obviously you won't go to their parents. As a moderator you're their guardian, you're responsible for each of their action.
They might hate you but you should realise that being a moderator doesn't only bring only honey and milk. This is apparently a popular misconception throughout this community.
You have to be nice but firm.
It is also sad that if somebody acts how its right(like Koya) gets criticised. Current administration prefers its money mill spoiled children(giving them even 7 chances) than honest people (http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 85#p630485).

Also, excuse me for standing my point of view about how moderation should be done, but arguing the current system of moderation is exactly the subject of this topic.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#32 2016-12-14 04:47:17

Slingshot
Website

And yet people get away with saying "kkk" on the chats these days.

#33 2016-12-18 22:01:09

Mait

hey guys whats up its scarce here

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

Wooted by:

#34 2017-01-09 13:41:33

Giganticbeta

Koya wrote:

'Twas your own fault, suffer the consequences of breaking the rules.

Koya unban me.

Seriously.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Bannned beta and big spender acc. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool
error
error
error
error

#35 2017-01-09 13:42:48

kubapolish
Banned
Website

Giganticbeta wrote:
Koya wrote:

Koya unban me.

Seriously.

why did you gravedig this topic
you already made one here

#36 2017-01-09 13:44:08

Giganticbeta

kubapolish wrote:

did you gravedig this topic

Im not good at forum-ing.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Bannned beta and big spender acc. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool
error
error
error
error

#37 2017-01-09 14:51:48

Anatoly

Giganticbeta wrote:
kubapolish wrote:

did you gravedig this topic

Im not good at forum-ing.

But you can surly be good by staying to the rules.

#38 2017-01-09 14:57:18, last edited by Myst (2017-01-09 15:05:04)

Myst

Giganticbeta wrote:
Koya wrote:

Koya unban me.

Seriously.

Koya didn't ban you, ik who banned you, I will not say the name of the staff member who has banned you

#39 2017-01-09 16:02:34

hummerz5

another topic about "but why was I banned boo" that I was hoping would quietly die a natural death

hummerz51483974154642522

Board footer