Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-02 10:33:48, last edited by LukeM (2016-09-04 12:05:25)

LukeM
Website

[BOT] Minigame Bot

Minigame Bot

This is a world that relies on a bot, which, on its own, is very simple, but can load C# scripts from a folder, and run them as minigames. This means, that even without restarting the bot, I can add or change minigames, and, if anyone has any good ideas, and wants to help by creating them, then they can send the whole minigame as a text file, and it can quickly be added to the bot.

If you want to contribute to this bot, then you can help by making maps or minigames, and sending them to me so I can add them to the bot. To do this, you will need to download and install a Visual Studio template, which will mean you can make 'Minigame Maker' projects, just like you would create 'Windows Forms Applications' (usually installed templates are at the bottom of the list, so you may need to scroll down). Once you have created one of these projects, you already have a mostly working bot, all you need to do is change the 'Script.cs' class, which you can find in the solution explorer. There is a list of functions that you can call or the bot calls automatically from your script both in the 'Script.cs' class and in the 'examples' folder. If you need to look at some example minigames or maps, then these can also be found in the 'examples' folder.

If you just want to make a map, then you dont need to install anything, just look in the map examples folder (notepad++ is a good way to do this), and, if you can work out how the maps work for the minigame you want to make a map for, then you can create your own (ill test / fix it for you)

(Remember to unzip the folder, or some things may not work)
Click here to download the template and examples
Click here if you just want to make maps

Note: I havent thoroughly tested this yet, so there may be some problems, if there are, then make sure to tell me, or I wont be able to fix them

Once you have finished your minigame or map, then you can send them to me by clicking this link (just upload Script.cs, or the map you made, and, if you have made both then put both the script and the map(s) in a .zip folder, or rename so it is clear what map is for what minigame)
I would also appreciate it if you replied to this topic or messaged me to let me know, as I dont check my dropbox very often.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2016-09-02 14:51:00, last edited by Koya (2016-09-02 14:51:15)

Koya
Fabulous Member

Re: [BOT] Minigame Bot

The world idea is great, so there is a maze level but it is different each time; but compiling a new program for each level is excessive and not a proper way to make this - just read the file and generate the level.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:

#3 2016-09-02 15:26:21

hummerz5

so BALs are still considered rooms, but not b&p topics?

Can you be more specific as to what the potential contributors have to work with? It might even be easier if you released an (interface(?)) that folks can build off of and compile against etc.

So consider giving out a (possibly limited) /solution/ instead of a program that has inherent limitations that you create (compared to an actual IDE or whatnot)

#4 2016-09-02 18:43:59

LukeM
Website

Koya wrote:

The world idea is great, so there is a maze level but it is different each time; but compiling a new program for each level is excessive and not a proper way to make this - just read the file and generate the level.

How would the bot know what to do though if you dont first compile the text in the file, just to be clear, the bot doesnt compile anything other than the script that contains the code for generating the maze / other minigame and checking for winners, I dont see how you could have scripts that work any other way without writing my own compiler, which would take a very long time, and make it more difficult for people to create minigames as they would have to create them in a language that they would not recognise.

hummerz5 wrote:

so BALs are still considered rooms, but not b&p topics?

Can you be more specific as to what the potential contributors have to work with? It might even be easier if you released an (interface(?)) that folks can build off of and compile against etc.

So consider giving out a (possibly limited) /solution/ instead of a program that has inherent limitations that you create (compared to an actual IDE or whatnot)

I just saw other people posting their BALs in this sub-forum, and though B&P was for things like NinjaBot, that are made for anyone to use. Feel free to move this if you want, just let me know if it changes the url.

I just finished removing most of the unnecessary code from the main bot, and changed it so it doesnt need to compile the script at runtime by incorporating the script within the VS project. I have also made this into a template, which is what I will be sharing, I dont have time now, but I will add all the necessary info to my first post soon.

#5 2016-09-03 15:32:39

Koya
Fabulous Member

destroyer123 wrote:
Koya wrote:

How would the bot know what to do though if you dont first compile the text in the file, just to be clear, the bot doesnt compile anything other than the script that contains the code for generating the maze / other minigame and checking for winners, I dont see how you could have scripts that work any other way without writing my own compiler, which would take a very long time, and make it more difficult for people to create minigames as they would have to create them in a language that they would not recognise.

You can run a program by taking instructions from file without a need to compile, you said it yourself the instructions are in JSON format which you can read and act upon.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#6 2016-09-03 16:00:45

LukeM
Website

Koya wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

You can run a program by taking instructions from file without a need to compile, you said it yourself the instructions are in JSON format which you can read and act upon.

I said that the maps are in JSON format, not the scripts, the scripts are written as C# classes.
Each script can also load a random map, which contains data that the script can use to create the minigame, for example a set of blocks, or a 2d array of something.

#7 2016-09-03 18:23:29

Koya
Fabulous Member

destroyer123 wrote:
Koya wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

I said that the maps are in JSON format, not the scripts, the scripts are written as C# classes.
Each script can also load a random map, which contains data that the script can use to create the minigame, for example a set of blocks, or a 2d array of something.

When we were talking before you said something along the lines of "all minigame data is within a JSON file that the bot compiles", I realise now I wasn't fully aware of what you were saying.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#8 2016-09-03 18:45:09

LukeM
Website

Koya wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

When we were talking before you said something along the lines of "all minigame data is within a JSON file that the bot compiles", I realise now I wasn't fully aware of what you were saying.

I think I said all the map data, but I probably should have been more specific about what I meant by that. I think of the scripts as minigames, and each minigame can have multiple maps, which are the JSON files.

#9 2016-09-25 14:31:52

XXAxelpongXX

Nice

I    Hate     Cookies

XXAxelpongXX1474810312624989

Board footer