Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#276 2016-04-17 22:28:49

Bobithan

Re: Official Contest Results Complaining Topic

stay on topic thank you

#277 2016-04-17 23:01:00

TOOP

The Fairy-tale Pack and Global switches were intended to be released before the contest was announced, but delays pushed it into the building time.

I did not judge Mirin Squad or NSFW favorably, both having failing scores due to difficulty [though NSFW not as much as Mirin Squad]. They only placed through negotiations between the judges [all of which had some differing ideas as to who should win]. Compromises were made in the judging process.

My top fifteen were most similar to Ravatroll's, with a few differences. I tried to hold true to the rules and heart of the contest as I evaluated each level.

An exception to this is that I was lenient to the use of Fairytale and Orange Switches, knowing that many teams don't frequent the forums, and a rule change would be unfair to them. This was still an error in my part for not fully handling the inconvenience beforehand by including it in the rules before it was relevant. [I.E. Including the rule: "Items added during the duration of the contest are not allowed" from the start.]

Mistakes were made this contest, resulting in a result that can be arguably skewed. The problems of the judging for this contest have been noticed by me, and steps will be taken to create a contest that contains less bias, based on what I have evaluated to cause results being less favorable than intended. All judges are biased in some way, but careful choosing and guidelines for judges will help give a more accurate and respectable result.

There was some success with this contest, but alongside it [and the focus of this topic], were preventable failures. Based on the causes and effects of the shortcomings of this contest, there will be more measures and careful planning to improve the next contest, the rules, the judging process, and the way the contest was announced are some examples. I've read every post on this topic, and I've listened to concerns of users in-game. I view the majority of the negativity as ways in which I can help provide the community with a better contest, which is my ultimate goal.

As the host of this contest, I myself am responsible for many of the shortcomings of this competition. I sincerely apologize for not completely understanding the possible consequences of the mistakes made until it was too late. It was not my intention to have an unfair result, quite the opposite. I highly appreciate your opinions, and I will take what I have learned to make the next contest an improvement on this one.

#278 2016-04-17 23:35:45

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

For the next contest what if you guys did something like the four (or however many) judges each get one vote, and then the community gets one collective vote? So it would eventually add up to about five judges. You could release a poll or something where the community voted on which level they think should win, and then average that together with your scores?

Wooted by: (6)

#279 2016-04-17 23:37:48

Kirby

Pyromaniac wrote:

For the next contest what if you guys did something like the four (or however many) judges each get one vote, and then the community gets one collective vote? So it would eventually add up to about five judges. You could release a poll or something where the community voted on which level they think should win, and then average that together with your scores?

that is a good idea, but the smaller levels would likely get no support, people would ask all their friends to vote for them, people would play through the beginning and not play through the entire thing, etc.

The community knows each other too well for that to work imo, if that makes any sense

Wooted by:

#280 2016-04-17 23:41:19

bgic

TOOP wrote:

My top fifteen were most similar to Ravatroll's, with a few differences. I tried to hold true to the rules and heart of the contest as I evaluated each level.

Please post your reviews on the winning levels //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

guys help how to mark all new posts as read?

nvm found it lol

Wooted by:

#281 2016-04-18 00:23:01

Tamashiimizu

Man oh man, looking at this thread and all the drama makes me glad I didn't entered this contest at all.

Wooted by:

#282 2016-04-18 02:11:01

Doomsdaytoy9000

I DIDN'T GET TO DO IT >:C

XR0wvu0.png

Wooted by:

#283 2016-04-18 10:48:51

Goldy301
Website

Well complaining right now wont help, it happened already.

wxl2iOk.jpg

Wooted by:

#284 2016-04-18 13:10:49

Luka504

I OBJECT!
First of all Toop, this has so many contradictions it hurts. Lets start with the elephant in the room.

Toop wrote:

I did not judge Mirin Squad or NSFW favorably, both having failing scores due to difficulty. They only placed through negotiations between the judges [all of which had some differing ideas as to who should win]

So you didnt want this to win, but the rest did wanted it?

Ravatroll wrote:

but became ridiculously hard and cryptic after getting the key, making this level way too hard. Difficulty: 3/10

Benje00 wrote:

I didn't think it was that spring themed on the minimap

Benje00 wrote:

Just because these levels are in my "Top 15" doesn't mean I think they should've placed.

Yeah Toop 2 of the judges gave a valid reason how the nsfv crew doesnt follow the rules and since you didnt think this world shouldve won....
Why DID it win? From what i see both you and Ravatroll say that you think NSFV shouldnt have won but you were outnumbered by the ,,larger side,, of judges.
Kiraninja, TOOP, Benje00, Ravatroll are the judges. TWO of them dont think NSFV shouldve won, and one thinks the world isnt even spring. And

Toop wrote:

As the host of this contest

you should have had a better impact on who wins or not. Then you say NSFV shouldve lost, but it won. FIRST PLACE!
Then we have this.

Toop wrote:

An exception to this is that I was lenient to the use of Fairytale and Orange Switches

Sure you were. Thats why you disqualified pretty much every world which had Orange switches or Fairytale, except for Spring Festival, which btw i showed has orange switches.

Toop wrote:

I view the majority of the negativity as ways in which I can help provide the community with a better contest, which is my ultimate goal.

Dude there is no need to do a new flipping contest (well not right now), just re-judge all the worlds, but actuly follow your own rules.
- Basic Easy
- Spring Themed
- Traits (Art, Gameplay, Concepts etc.....)
I can assure you nothing will change, maybe a few worlds *cough* Frolic *cough* wont be winners since they dont follow the rules or arent good enough to win. (Though let the previous winners keep their prizes)

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (2)

#285 2016-04-18 13:21:30

Kira

It won't happen, stop trying.

Case closed.

#286 2016-04-18 14:38:26, last edited by TaskManager (2016-04-18 14:40:23)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

TOOP wrote:

The Fairy-tale Pack and Global switches were intended to be released before the contest was announced, but delays pushed it into the building time.

I did not judge Mirin Squad or NSFW favorably, both having failing scores due to difficulty [though NSFW not as much as Mirin Squad]. They only placed through negotiations between the judges [all of which had some differing ideas as to who should win]. Compromises were made in the judging process.

An exception to this is that I was lenient to the use of Fairytale and Orange Switches, knowing that many teams don't frequent the forums, and a rule change would be unfair to them. This was still an error in my part for not fully handling the inconvenience beforehand by including it in the rules before it was relevant. [I.E. Including the rule: "Items added during the duration of the contest are not allowed" from the start.]

Mistakes were made this contest, resulting in a result that can be arguably skewed. The problems of the judging for this contest have been noticed by me, and steps will be taken to create a contest that contains less bias, based on what I have evaluated to cause results being less favorable than intended. All judges are biased in some way, but careful choosing and guidelines for judges will help give a more accurate and respectable result.

There was some success with this contest, but alongside it [and the focus of this topic], were preventable failures. Based on the causes and effects of the shortcomings of this contest, there will be more measures and careful planning to improve the next contest, the rules, the judging process, and the way the contest was announced are some examples. I've read every post on this topic, and I've listened to concerns of users in-game. I view the majority of the negativity as ways in which I can help provide the community with a better contest, which is my ultimate goal.

As the host of this contest, I myself am responsible for many of the shortcomings of this competition. I sincerely apologize for not completely understanding the possible consequences of the mistakes made until it was too late. It was not my intention to have an unfair result, quite the opposite. I highly appreciate your opinions, and I will take what I have learned to make the next contest an improvement on this one.

oh nice
thanks for responding, it feels good when admins actually care //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

i guess ill accept the results and just hope next contest wont be a mess

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#287 2016-07-29 19:57:36

Luka504

Im just posting here so people remember this exists and start complaining again.

Wooted by:

#288 2016-07-29 20:21:45

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

wtf how did asurch not score

i understand sun's fade even if no one else seems to, but wtf asurch was the best level

suddenly random sig change

#289 2016-07-29 20:21:59

Pingohits
Banned

Luka504 wrote:

Im just posting here so people remember this exists and start complaining again.

how ironic

791mAP8.png

#290 2016-07-29 20:23:10

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Luka504 wrote:

phew i don't have to spam the main discussion topic

suddenly random sig change

#291 2016-07-29 23:04:31

AsurcH

12345678908642 wrote:

wtf how did asurch not score

To be fair, I think there are a few reasons

- Signs usually interrupt gameplay because you have to jump
- The design is somewhat tedious, and could be improved a lot
- It is very easy to get lost believe it or not, since there is almost no vertical progression.
- And most important of all, which is also kind of hard to explain is the general level layout. If you look at majority of successful worlds and the contest winners, you can see that their designs show a somewhat particular similarities. These similarities can easily be mimiced and will improve the gameplay, the balance of negative and positive space a lot. This is not necessarily a bad thing, and in fact, it helps players focus better on gameplay, thus feeling a better experience overall. I, myself, have almost never taken consideration of this and I usually never design my worlds around it, but as you see, it is a rather popular design. I didn't really play almost any of other top 20(if 20 that is), but there are a few I know and they are designed around these ruleset. That is also why indeed I think they did a great job and had a very enjoyable time in those levels. I believe we have even started revolving a meta around this, since for last few years the average type of gameplay and minigames haven't made sharp turns around like back in 2011-2012.

Or perhaps the other levels just had higher scores in general, better luck on autumn I suppose, if I will ever manage it. Thanks a lot for the love and support tho

#292 2016-07-29 23:52:14

hummerz5

[insert hillary rigging reference here]
[please woot me for effort]

but yeah. I don't have much to complain about: I neither entered a level nor entered a level. (ambiguity!)

#293 2016-07-30 00:14:28

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

i'm just sayin, summer savory and the sun's fade are more hard than they are 'easy-medium' or 'medium'.

just because the minis aren't required in summer savory doesn't mean they don't count. and the ones that i had to do were still pretty difficult

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#294 2016-07-30 00:35:01, last edited by Muftwin (2016-07-30 00:35:27)

Muftwin

Zoey2070 wrote:

just because the minis aren't required in summer savory doesn't mean they don't count

Why not? I can agree with you that the majority of the minis are reasonably difficult, but as you said they arent required. The world overall is easy. Would you call a world hard because it has 1x1s at the end or some other hard challenge that gave a blue coin? I don't like to make an effortless world, so what we did was create a rich world with optional content so that those of us who like a challenge can play the whole thing and get the "secret" ending.

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

#295 2016-07-30 00:41:55

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Muftwin wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

just because the minis aren't required in summer savory doesn't mean they don't count

Why not? I can agree with you that the majority of the minis are reasonably difficult, but as you said they arent required. The world overall is easy. Would you call a world hard because it has 1x1s at the end or some other hard challenge that gave a blue coin? I don't like to make an effortless world, so what we did was create a rich world with optional content so that those of us who like a challenge can play the whole thing and get the "secret" ending.

if the majority of minis are difficult, that means the world is difficult. the only reason i was able to complete it was because of the coinspam at the x's on the minimap, which felt more like an easter egg than a legitimate way to win. it took me like an hour doing it the "easy" way which is kind of ridiculous imo. it didn't feel very "optional", it felt more like the "legit" way to play it

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#296 2016-07-30 01:08:35

Luka504

My only real complaint for Summer Savory is how it didnt really feel like summer. This also counts for Summer Night. If it wasnt for the world title i never would have guessed this was summer tbh.
Its kinda sad that the ,,Passable worlds,, list is so small some rules have to be ignored so more spots could be filled.

#297 2016-07-30 09:22:19, last edited by Palanuim1 (2016-07-30 09:56:48)

Palanuim1

tOWOn30.pngBS4tdoy.png
Between the poorly worked rectangle and the case , I understand right away why Nsfw is not ranked
bo7osoW.png
Feel free to send me pictures of your world If you think your world is better than Castaway or Cute summer

Cute summer By Patrik, Razz1212, Marten22, Sasquatchz
The Castaway By Torbes and Aorta
Nsfw: Summer Palace By Lictor666, Kiraninja, Stagecrew, DClevels, Benje00

___________________________________________________________________________________________________z8XOyDE.png

#298 2016-07-30 10:18:17, last edited by Palanuim1 (2016-07-30 10:41:40)

Palanuim1

I show these 3 map for easy comparison between winner and loser
It's just example

you have to put the address of the image (right click) in the IMG tool

___________________________________________________________________________________________________z8XOyDE.png

#299 2016-07-30 11:54:38

Luka504

IamJoranasC wrote:
Palanuim1 wrote:

I show these 3 map for easy comparison between winner and loser
It's just example

you have to put the address of the image (right click) in the IMG tool

I know, but something is wrong, look I tried that: http://imgur.com/a/3Cjp5

Yeah it works differently on forums.

How to post pics on forums

#300 2016-07-30 12:17:46

MartenM
Website

Feel like some people forget that world's aren't only juged by ingame/minimap art.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

RavaTroll1510195466682661

Board footer