Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2016-02-25 14:34:47

Mlmznywmo
Banned
Website

Re: Full Screen & Vision Blocker

We need Vision Blocker. For more puzzles. And for more adventure worlds.
Not about Full Screen, though.

vzT3nqR.png
Hi, i am lenik and i am 10 years old. I can speak english and buy smilies and blocks.
Not even alt like others.
That's end of my sig.

#52 2016-02-26 14:00:48

Anatoly

Will there also be able to make this vision as border gray basic or smt like this? use god mode and be on the vision, which side will be seen? How will it be seen in minimap?

#53 2016-02-26 18:44:38, last edited by shadowda (2016-02-26 18:45:08)

shadowda

AnatolyEE wrote:

Will there also be able to make this vision as border gray basic or smt like this? use god mode and be on the vision, which side will be seen? How will it be seen in minimap?

when in god mode you just see the the block, but it has no effect, like secret blocks.

the side you are on is the side you see.   

i'm guessing but:

on the the mini map it would change nothing, and it would just appear as black or go trough the map, like the secret block.

Idk what you meant by Will there also be able to make this vision as border gray basic or smt like this? but the block itself would project onto itself and everything after it black like the secret blocks. if you want a border, put a border before the block.

if you mean, could you project other blocks, then maybe ask for an id input for whatever block you want, default secret blocks.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#54 2016-02-27 01:13:50

ParadoxInTheVoid

What about having the ability to input a hex value for the block?

signature.png

#55 2016-02-27 06:20:38

TiKen

ParadoxInTheVoid wrote:

We are talking about a game-changing very simple block and you already want it to make is super complicated for no reason... Adding all this stuff will make it awful to code and will have only one effect: make the dev' look await. Thus it will never be done.

So let's keep it simple: It is a block that create a small closed region hiding the rest of the world. By this definition, you cannot see the block, since it is hidden by itself. As if, from that block, it was the end of the map.
You want to make it as if a block was hiding the rest of the map? Fine, just add said block in front of the Vision blocker block.
See, no need to be complicated. The simpler the implement, the more chance the dev' will look into it.

Wooted by: (5)

#56 2016-02-27 20:33:04

ParadoxInTheVoid

TiKen wrote:
ParadoxInTheVoid wrote:

We are talking about a game-changing very simple block and you already want it to make is super complicated for no reason... Adding all this stuff will make it awful to code and will have only one effect: make the dev' look await. Thus it will never be done.

So let's keep it simple: It is a block that create a small closed region hiding the rest of the world. By this definition, you cannot see the block, since it is hidden by itself. As if, from that block, it was the end of the map.
You want to make it as if a block was hiding the rest of the map? Fine, just add said block in front of the Vision blocker block.
See, no need to be complicated. The simpler the implement, the more chance the dev' will look into it.

I see. Well, okay, let's keep it simple. I guess colour options could be saved for another day. I really want this in the game so I guess the sooner the better. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

signature.png

#57 2016-02-29 21:32:04

ParadoxInTheVoid

Ben wrote:
ParadoxInTheVoid wrote:

I guess colour options could be saved for another day.

No, it can't. You probably didn't fully understand my idea, as color has nothing to do with it.

ParadoxInTheVoid wrote:

I suggested hex colours for the block.
So colour had something to do with it in my case.

signature.png

#58 2016-03-01 15:46:01

Kirby

ParadoxInTheVoid wrote:
Ben wrote:
ParadoxInTheVoid wrote:

I guess colour options could be saved for another day.

No, it can't. You probably didn't fully understand my idea, as color has nothing to do with it.

ParadoxInTheVoid wrote:

I suggested hex colours for the block.
So colour had something to do with it in my case.

but isn't the block invisible

#59 2016-03-01 16:16:12, last edited by Falk (2016-03-01 16:16:49)

Falk

@ParadoxInTheVoid

The block while doing it's purpose will not be seen anyway, as it is the border to the surrounding void.

What purpose would it have to be colored on the minimap?

Did you even read anything before posting about this concept?

Let's make it colored. Also open at X coins and let only Jump effect players through. And if you have 100+ energy left in the lobby you will win the level by touching it.
Why not?

#60 2016-03-01 16:57:53

Koya
Fabulous Member

Ben wrote:

Not only that, it stretches the pixels disproportionately.

Wait, I've never had an issue - the game stretches proportionally until one side hits the edge of the screen either height or width then stops.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#61 2016-03-01 18:18:56

Different55
Forum Admin

Koya wrote:
Ben wrote:

Wait, I've never had an issue - the game stretches proportionally until one side hits the edge of the screen either height or width then stops.

Last time I used fullscreen (it's been a while so maybe it's changed) it looked like they used Nearest Neighbor scaling, which is fine, but if you use Nearest Neighbor and you're not scaling it up exactly 2x or 3x or 4x or whatever, then you're going to get unevenly sized pixels and it looks awful. The thing as a whole is the right size, but the pixels that make up that whole are inconsistent.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#62 2016-03-01 18:24:15

Koya
Fabulous Member

Different55 wrote:
Koya wrote:
Ben wrote:

Last time I used fullscreen (it's been a while so maybe it's changed) it looked like they used Nearest Neighbor scaling, which is fine, but if you use Nearest Neighbor and you're not scaling it up exactly 2x or 3x or 4x or whatever, then you're going to get unevenly sized pixels and it looks awful. The thing as a whole is the right size, but the pixels that make up that whole are inconsistent.

Oh I see

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#63 2016-03-01 22:52:11

ParadoxInTheVoid

Falk wrote:

@ParadoxInTheVoid

The block while doing it's purpose will not be seen anyway, as it is the border to the surrounding void.

What purpose would it have to be colored on the minimap?

Did you even read anything before posting about this concept?

Let's make it colored. Also open at X coins and let only Jump effect players through. And if you have 100+ energy left in the lobby you will win the level by touching it.
Why not?

I never said they should be coloured on the minimap. But anyway, I guess there isn't any point to having it coloured. It's better not to put too much on the plate as well.

signature.png

#64 2016-03-02 00:52:38

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Also if they were coloured on the minimap that would be a lot more world data to take up.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#65 2016-03-26 18:08:18

Anak

There's no need to pick out everything little thing, it's just an example of, with a full(er) screen, there's going to be a lot of blank space compared to the rest of the world, which he mentioned changes the feel of the game as everything feels smaller.

#66 2016-03-27 09:00:34

minam

People are scared because they think they have to download Unity into their browsers. I believed in this and panicked, too.

In reality, it is only for people who play the downloaded version. If you play on EE, EE Minimal, or Kongregate, it runs as flash right now. On these websites, Flash will change into HTML5, not Unity.

To keep it simple:
People who use websites to play EE: Flash->HTML5
People who download EE to play: Flash -> Unity

Go to http://blog.everybodyedits.com/2015/11/ … ody-edits/ for the actual content written by nou. It is stated clearly in red text.

Isn't this eggciting?
ZWfJa.gif07acp.gif

#67 2016-03-27 09:18:04, last edited by Anatoly (2016-03-27 09:21:44)

Anatoly

For a reason i can't see full screen image

I get
After some linking i got

#68 2016-03-27 16:26:13

Anatoly

Ben wrote:

@AnatolyEE Fixed

Just use this image URL: http://s12.postimg.org/fozrv7cy3/3333.png

#69 2016-04-08 22:46:29

Prodigy

Bump. I actually want this now because when making a world and want to block a certain part of the minimap this would for sure come in handy.

h0qIF0q.png

#70 2016-04-08 22:54:21

Cakeje

I really like the idea of vision blockers, would really help in a world I contributed to, our world we submitted to the Spring Contest.

We should all support this! I can't complain about these blocks and I think none of you guys see any point of criticism against them as well. These blocks should be added to the game and I'm sure many new, cool worlds can be created with those blocks. Think of the many opportunities!! :O //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

unknown.png

Thanks to HG for making the sig

#71 2016-08-17 03:37:57

Onjit
Website

Has there been any confirmation from the staff on whether this will be added? It's very clear that the community wants it, and that it would be useful. I have a rather ambitious project I am working on at the moment and I'm not going to continue if this isn't added, because it will severely diminish the quality of the level.

---

I have and idea that could extend the functionality of the vision blockers - have them be able to be activated/deactivated via switches.

:.|:;

Wooted by: (2)

#72 2016-08-17 10:07:29

Koya
Fabulous Member

Onjit wrote:

Has there been any confirmation from the staff on whether this will be added? It's very clear that the community wants it, and that it would be useful. I have a rather ambitious project I am working on at the moment and I'm not going to continue if this isn't added, because it will severely diminish the quality of the level.

---

I have and idea that could extend the functionality of the vision blockers - have them be able to be activated/deactivated via switches.

Would require these to be on a third layer (or block modifyer) to allow for blocks to be used under; later patch.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#73 2018-03-05 16:18:03

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
Website

Worlds Creators need it, we need it. The Vision Block will become an essential block for the EE, i hope.

In-game arts

友達をまだ忘れていません。
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

Wooted by: (3)

#74 2018-03-05 21:47:30

Nebula

AndroidLayger wrote:

Worlds Creators need it, we need it. The Vision Block will become an essential block for the EE, i hope.

xfliCwv.png
R8mvff5.png
still waiting

Wooted by:

#75 2018-03-05 22:37:20

Guest.

Whirl wrote:
AndroidLayger wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/xfliCwv.png
https://i.imgur.com/R8mvff5.png
still waiting

whaaaaaaaat??? who's RUDIK3000???! aren't you WHIRL?

SirJosh39171532608495716256

Board footer