Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-30 02:28:54

Bimps

look around you

how many people here are from 2012+. there are some, but not many. just look around. nigh everyone is a veteran. you see new users come but they dont stay for long, they go unnoticed. look at ee. barely 200 people. worlds are really small, less than 20 people in each world at any given time besides once in a blue moon. but then look at nou and the newest blog post, about all these big changes to ee. ee is gonna change, moving to html5. gold membership. steam. ...do you see anyone hyping that up? steam isnt gonna revive ee, ee is gonna go unnoticed in the ftp category. ee is dying still, it has been ever since chris left. this game will be gone soon because it only appeals to old users. barely anyone here makes levels. no new contests, no anything. ee is becoming a barren wasteland. just a new perspective on ee for everyone

#2 2015-11-30 02:42:41

!nb4
Formerly AYB

Re: look around you

oftopic: gawd im on the language of the kittens, looks er interesting
ontopic: I cant

ZCK0zcQ.gif

#3 2015-11-30 02:45:55

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

that's because the dastardly forum mods don't allow HYPE HYPE HYPE topics

also idk, i'm hyped for things, but not steam or GM.

meh, it's a sandbox. you create your own experience etc.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2015-11-30 02:47:25

Schlog

It's completely impossible to say he's wrong. No matter how hard the staff tries, we all know the outcome in the near future. Veterans ofc like this game and play it still, but does it really matter if nobody else is willing to join and stay for a long period of time like we have? It doesn't. But, there's always a way to fix everything. Except cancer.

#5 2015-11-30 02:51:33

Bimps

AYB wrote:

oftopic: gawd im on the language of the kittens, looks er interesting
ontopic: I cant

ok then

Zoey2070 wrote:

that's because the dastardly forum mods don't allow HYPE HYPE HYPE topics

also idk, i'm hyped for things, but not steam or GM.

meh, it's a sandbox. you create your own experience etc.

1. tfw no fun allowed
2. steam and gm is like the two main things they are selling so
3. ee is pretty much just a chatroom now. remember that post about expanding the chatbox? yeah

MLGNinja wrote:

It's completely impossible to say he's wrong. No matter how hard the staff tries, we all know the outcome in the near future. Veterans ofc like this game and play it still, but does it really matter if nobody else is willing to join and stay for a long period of time like we have? It doesn't. But, there's always a way to fix everything. Except cancer.

it does matter because otherwise it gets broing and we become isolated. also "Except cancer." dont be a ****

#6 2015-11-30 04:17:49

Evilbunny

Maybe the best plan is to encourage complete isolation from the rest of the internet.
No new players and nobody leaves. Always the same community playing for ever and ever.
All until 10 years in the future when some outsider happens upon EE and shares it with the rest of the world. By that time, we will have our own language, religion and culture. We will all be subject to psychological studies and will become world famous for our online cult.
That's my plan anyways.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#7 2015-11-30 04:29:40

AK712

Hmmmm... game is dying? I wonder why?

Could it be that...

1) Users refuse to believe they should get punished for doing anything wrong (see 1nsanity's thread)?
2) Users try and make this game into a game for a specific age group (13-21) instead of a game for everyone, hence anyone offended by excessive swearing, users sharing p____ images and harassment leaves?
3) Users disrespect the mods, even to the point of hacking their accounts and/or cheering on the person who did it (Atilla, anyone)?
4) Users disrespect FORMER mods to the point everyone thinks this entire website has serious authority issues and hates anyone and everyone in charge?
5) Users actively destroy the entire point of a sandbox game by trolling levels for fun?

But nooooo... this game is doing so well. We shouldn't try and change it at all. We're totally fine and should keep acting the way we do now. #denial

O4DmNuI.png

Wooted by:

#8 2015-11-30 05:30:39, last edited by hummerz5 (2015-11-30 05:35:28)

hummerz5

AK712 wrote:

Hmmmm... game is dying? I wonder why?

Could it be that...

1) Users refuse to believe they should get punished for doing anything wrong (see 1nsanity's thread)?
2) Users try and make this game into a game for a specific age group (13-21) instead of a game for everyone, hence anyone offended by excessive swearing, users sharing p____ images and harassment leaves?
3) Users disrespect the mods, even to the point of hacking their accounts and/or cheering on the person who did it (Atilla, anyone)?
4) Users disrespect FORMER mods to the point everyone thinks this entire website has serious authority issues and hates anyone and everyone in charge?
5) Users actively destroy the entire point of a sandbox game by trolling levels for fun?

But nooooo... this game is doing so well. We shouldn't try and change it at all. We're totally fine and should keep acting the way we do now. #denial

1- I like your parallelism, quite professional and big-person-looking.  I'm destroying the parallelism with an offsetting first remark.
2) Did insanity post about his other temporary bans? (Seriously. if he did, link me, invalidate this point:) No. Therefore, he is not upset about being reprimanded for wrongdoing IN GENERAL. Rather, he is upset as to the actions taken in this instance. Is it wrong to question things now and again?
3) Are you suggesting that we add more moderators? (please do get more people from the same immature pool!) As (Zoey?) mentioned: this game is a sandbox. Placing restrictions to prevent content or encourage other types invalidates the description. Also, I haven't played EE that often. Are people running amuck with those discourteous actions? I should think not. EE does not max out (45 players) rooms that aim to those ends; users can leave if they find content disagreeable. So why brand the entire game as such?
4) Fallacious overt generalization. That is, Atilla's actions as one long-gone user do not show how the majority of EE acts. Cheering him on? A select few. His actions did show an authentication error. (IIRC, that was PlayerIO-Level.) Did he mock MrShoe with his actions? Is this the place to debate the legitimacy of his decisions? No.
5) Please be specific. Is MrShoe the former mod we disrespect? Good point then. We're disrespectful. We're on the internet. Oh god, what will we do? Do you want to widen the user base to include more young folk (you mention 13-21, I doubt it'll get any older) who will reciprocate your disrespectful actions? Or are you talking of the farther-gone generation of moderators, RPGMaster and the like? That argument is largely outside of my knowledge of fanatic psychology. My best guess: you have a select few users who hang on to the idea that "the old days were good" and seek the users' return. Is the entire website really against the "staff"? Sure, I'm none too happy. But plenty are.
6) Trolls are simply the logical "reciprocal" to sandboxes. If we scale trolling back to simply a question of "ethics" (as it largely is)... you find that many actions are commonly acceptable as legal, and completely within the operating capacity of a party to enact. HOWEVER, are they ethical? No. Does that make a difference? No. Are all users trolling? No. Are all levels trolled? No.

I'd like to say the points you bring up are valid. They are not. They are entirely your (totally valid) opinions on the negative aspects of this game. To change them is to change the game, but your arguments for changing them do not necessarily fix the problems you acknowledge.

Tl;dr: logically incorrect points... or you're wrong.

#9 2015-11-30 05:42:14

Null
Website

I'm curious to see some statistics, maybe the admins are willing to share. Are we still getting a steady (if slow) stream of registrations? How many players on average are online each day, and is it decreasing?

And when has the game last even got some publicity?

[only logs in here when drunk]
EE Pics
______

#10 2015-11-30 07:01:55

bizaro

I'm also hyped about the new updates. And I honestly think they'll help EE get more players.

bizarro.png

Wooted by:

#11 2015-11-30 08:54:40, last edited by Tako (2015-12-01 03:29:43)

Tako
Website

Why speak with such a dismissive tone? It's one thing to point out the facts, but you're doing more: you say things like "this game will be gone soon" and "ee is becoming a barren wasteland".

I just want to know what you're trying to accomplish, because it seems to me as though you're saying "Just stop trying. It's a lost cause. Let's all find a different game because this one has been ruined."

Personally, I disagree. The solution is to stop saying things like that and actually work towards improving it. Call me an optimist I guess, because I believe EE is still fun.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wooted by: (5)

#12 2015-11-30 09:42:45

Sensei1

Is it true that we dont have new players? Or is it just that we dont play with them?

#13 2015-11-30 11:02:40

nlmdejonge

Maybe people primarily start building and (thus) playing levels when new kinds of action blocks arrive. New action blocks may have a bigger impact on the number of online players than anything else (new campaigns, interface changes, whatever).

Hm, I wonder if this is true though.
I've made an overview of when new action blocks arrived.
It should be fairly complete and correct.

====================
----
March (1): blocks/arrows/dots
December (13): spawn points
?: key gates/doors

----
January (10): coin doors (blue arrived 1 October 2014)
May (3): portals (non-exploit invisible arrived 14 March 2013)
July (29): background layer (not an action block)
December (7): music (second pack arrived 17 December 2011)

----
June (1): climables (ladders; vines arrived 5 December 2012, etc.)
June (28): water
?: timed blocks
September (20): low gravity worlds
October (3): boost arrows
October (24): switches (October 31st they became non-global)
October (31): jump effect potion
December (19): checkpoints
December (19): immediate hazards (spike; fire arrived 9 January 2013)

----
January (16): curse effect potion
January (23): protection effect potion
January (30): zombie effect potion (gates/doors February 20th)
February (6): swamp
March (20): fly effect potion
April (11): signs (not really an action block; RPG-ish action)

----
October (31): speed effect potion

----
February (7): one-ways
February (7): death doors
March (13): lava hazard
April (18): teams
April (18): effects return (blocks instead of potions)
September (27): low gravity effect (blocks in addition to already existing worlds)
====================

Certain action blocks may have had a bigger impact than other action blocks.

When we look at 2010-2012:
-----
Key gates/doors (2010), coin doors (2011) and portals (2011) had a big impact.
Music (2011) is used, but had limited impact.
Lots of 2012 stuff that had some impact: water, timed blocks, boost arrows, switches, climables.
Checkpoints and immediate hazards, also 2012, definitely had impact.
-----

When we look at 2013-2015:
-----
I think the effect _potions_ had little impact, because few level creators counted on players having them available; most just disabled all potions.
Swamp, one-ways, death doors and teams: those are used here and there, but didn't have a big impact.
The lava hazard had some impact in combination with water.
Effects _blocks_ definitely had impact.
-----

So, in recent years, the effect blocks had the biggest impact, I guess? Even though we already knew the effects from effect potions, that April 2015 update was interesting. Did more people start building and (thus) playing levels because of it? For how long, was it a short peak or did the numbers increase for weeks/months?

Ignoring the low gravity effect for a moment...
Maybe you (Bimps) and others are becoming restless because you feel that, despite the various recent updates, no new action blocks arrived to challenge you for over seven months?

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

Wooted by: (3)

#14 2015-11-30 13:32:20

Bobithan

To be fair, we haven't seen the full extent of really any of the action blocks due to shop limitations so come the GM update we'll be seeing that front completely reborn.

aka towwl

#15 2015-11-30 13:58:11, last edited by Creature (2015-11-30 13:58:32)

Creature

EE is just a game that evolved too late. If it was made somewhere between late 2014 and early 2015, there would have more players for sure.

This is a false statement.

#16 2015-11-30 22:22:03

Tamashiimizu

Sure the game will die, and everybody knows that. But man, I've been hearing this for years...
The fact that WE will die don't stop us from living, it gives us more reason to live.

#17 2015-11-30 22:51:22

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Null wrote:

I'm curious to see some statistics, maybe the admins are willing to share. Are we still getting a steady (if slow) stream of registrations? How many players on average are online each day, and is it decreasing?

I'll see what I can do.

Discord: jawp#5123

mrjawapa1448920282562981

Board footer