Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2015-11-02 20:53:20, last edited by MIHB_casts_confuseplayer (2015-11-02 21:08:34)

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer

Re: Everybody Edits Confessions

Pyromaniac wrote:

I don't think that being good at something (ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS AS DUMB AS EE) gives someone the right to be a douche.

Its not like I'm rude and mean to everybody.  Yes, I'm arrogant in that I have a high opinion about my knowledge in certain areas, but I am also generally nice to people.  I thank people for playing my levels, I compliment them on theirs, I help people when asked for advice, no matter how "noob" they may be.  I don't diss levels or builders just because I don't 'like' what they make; there are quite a few levels out there that I don't like because they aren't my thing, but I like that they exist and respect the people who made them.  That also applies to people I actively dislike, and there are a couple who have levels I would readily support as being part of a campaign.

The confession I quoted, the reason I pointed out that I was arrogant was not to take joy in it, it was to acknowledge something, so that when I disagreed with something else it would carry more weight.  The confession claimed that:

He even made a special account to confront whoever dares to open doors to new ideas that are against their fanatical edeology or dares to argue with them

This is objectively untrue, as I have never done such a thing.  What does it say about certain people who don't like me that they think its ok to make up falsehoods about me?  If I'm so awful, why don't they say how awful I am by mentioning things I actually do?

A lot of the hatred we get is not because of anything we do.  How fair is it to hate us because there are people who love our levels and will strongly defend them?  We didn't recruit a bunch of people to attack anybody who doesn't like our work.  We made levels because we liked making levels, and like everybody else in the game who actively makes stuff, we think the stuff we make is usually pretty good.  Why is that so awful?

As a result, we get a lot of unjustified hate.  Search around a bit, see how many people take unprovoked shots at EX Crew.  In the only recent thread where I got in an argument with somebody, I only spoke up because somebody took what looked like a shot at us.  Even if it wasn't meant to be a shot at us, how fair is it that we are meant to be representative of something that people don't like, when that isn't all we do?

My posting history is visible.  Count how often I actually take a shot at somebody on a personal level.  It almost never happens.  On the other hand, in this thread alone you've called me old, irrelevant, and a douche.  You've spoken rudely and dismissively about my 'lil ex crew buddies' and mocked how we write.  Although I don't have the best memory, I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time you've taken a shot at EX Crew, and maybe not even the first time you've taken a personal shot at me.

What did I do to justify this level of hatred?  If I insulted you in the past, I am sorry.  If I came off as standoffish, I did not mean offense.  I would like to understand why you continue to attack us, when, as far as I know, none of us has had much if any interaction with you for a long time.

Wooted by: (3)

#77 2015-11-02 21:06:47

Kira

Onjit wrote:

This will end well...

#78 2015-11-02 21:16:48, last edited by Badoosh (2015-11-02 21:20:15)

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

Kirby wrote:

[img]<snip, because no individual deserves to be publicly shamed right?>[/img]

Oh yay attention

Oh yay witch hunts. My favorite.

This whole thing is a disgrace, really. Way to show the EE community at its best, guys.

Wooted by: (4)

#79 2015-11-02 21:38:56, last edited by Kira (2015-11-02 21:44:09)

Kira

As much as I enjoy watching those confessions, I'm also dissapointed you can start arguments with fake reports. Tumblr is known to be a site where you can express your opinion freely in total anonymity.
It's the second time I've seen someone posting something about me and It's probably the same person considering he took my levels in screenshot twice: "Stop, just stop already, you're embarassing yourself", that's what I would love to say but since I don't know the posters identity, unfortunately I can't.

<Little message to the concerned person: Stop your egocentrism already and coming up with lies to put me down, grow up.>

Badoosh wrote:

This whole thing is a disgrace, really. Way to show the EE community at its best, guys.

Totally. This whole thing is just a disgrace.

Wooted by:

#80 2015-11-02 22:09:20

Creature

This is actually hillarious, why are people hating this?

This is a false statement.

#81 2015-11-02 22:12:52, last edited by madiik (2015-11-02 22:13:49)

madiik

It's funny and offensive. Whoever created it should have known this was coming.

I'm still offended by the fact that people use the terms weeaboo and brony loosely.

I'm a barony (ffs Google auto correct) brony and an otaku, not a weeaboo.

shh i have returned

#82 2015-11-02 22:13:57

Bimps

madiik wrote:

It's funny and offensive. Whoever created it should have known this was coming.

I'm still offended by the fact that people use the terms weeaboo and brony loosely.

I'm a barony and an otaku, not a weeaboo.

you are a fan of japanese culture and that is bad enough

Wooted by: (4)

#83 2015-11-02 22:18:07, last edited by tentacleTherapist (2015-11-02 22:19:23)

tentacleTherapist

If you are western and call yourself an otaku you are a weeb and should accept that you are represent everything that Japanese people hate in western culture.

I'm also laughing at all the people who haven't worked out who is behind EEConfessions yet because it is so painstakingly obvious.

This is hella gay

Wooted by: (2)

#84 2015-11-02 22:19:42

Bimps

<Towel> i came up w/ the "confessions of a smiley" title tho
<Zoey2070> looks like towel confirmed him being the person running it
<Towel> u got me
[:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#85 2015-11-02 22:20:14

Pingohits
Banned

im fine and all if you're of japanese heritage and respect japanese culture

but if you're white and have weeb posters all over your room, you should know that Japan is the most xenophobic country in the world

if you're ever planning to go to Japan because you like their anime, you'll be beaten to a pulp

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

Nou

#86 2015-11-02 22:23:12

Bimps

adding onto what pingo said you are not going to see what you see in your manogs and amines in japan

#87 2015-11-02 22:23:55

madiik

Pingohits wrote:

im fine and all if you're of japanese heritage and respect japanese culture

but if you're white and have weeb posters all over your room, you should know that Japan is the most xenophobic country in the world

if you're ever planning to go to Japan because you like their anime, you'll be beaten to a pulp

I don't express it as that bad. That's being a weeaboo. Besides,  Japan is awesome already for their history and current tech. Yet I will still be an European. Okay enough patriotism.

What's so bad about the Vocaloid technology? People go to concerts of it already.
Anime really isn't my best side, but the tech and music.

shh i have returned

#88 2015-11-02 23:57:58

Evilbunny

>the internet
>opinions and insults
>people taking things seriously

This is pretty great.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#89 2015-11-03 00:11:28, last edited by tentacleTherapist (2015-11-03 00:41:19)

tentacleTherapist

This isn't about what you can prove to me it's about what you can prove to yourself, but do you really care about japanese history because you think it's history is interesting or do you care about it because of anime and vocaloid? (which counts as anime). I did my EPQ on the modernisation of Japan and could as you a bunch of questions about the Tenbun era and the Meiji era and the Edo period and the Sakoku Edict and all of their impacts of the rest of Japanese history but would you really know that kinda stuff? Because I don't think I have ever come across a person who calls themself a weeb or an otaku or whatever who had a genuine interest in Japanese history or fashion or culture that wasn't motivated purely by anime.

Anyway on topic, if you have something to b**** to someone about, just say it to their face instead of hiding behind the mysterious person in charge of EEconfessions, that kinda stuff just leads to more negative vibes, I was gonna write more on this but my main point was the whole hating on weebs thing so meh.
btw eeconfessions is zoey

This is hella gay

#90 2015-11-03 00:36:18

Onjit
Website

If people don't realise yet, the person running this is zoey. Just saying.

And if this gets snipped, you know it's true.

:.|:;

#91 2015-11-03 01:34:16

SilverStar
EE Homegirl

Onjit wrote:

If people don't realise yet, the person running this is zoey. Just saying.

And if this gets snipped, you know it's true.

First clue was tumblr, but what really got me was the hashtag:

#I'm not sure I follow the logic used here but okay.

Idk it just really screamed zoey.

1oGNJTH.gif

Wooted by:

#92 2015-11-03 02:52:13, last edited by Calicara (2015-11-03 04:41:31)

Calicara

I'm sure I'll get a lot of flak for this, but here goes:

EE Confessions is nothing more than a diary. A public diary, where people anonymously submit all the horrible things that plague their mind. People shouldn't take what they read there to heart. Most of it is crude and simply untrue, but does that make it offensive?

I don't see any problem with keeping EE Confessions around, as long it's tagged with a forewarning that most of it's posts are not meant to be taken seriously. Though honestly as offended as some people might be, I do find some of the submits rather humorous, even the ones about me. It's good to learn to laugh at yourself, and then get on with your life. There are much worse things that can happen than being called a name by some person, who in your own life, will probably never matter outside this obscured community.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by:

#93 2015-11-03 03:07:30

hummerz5

no one guessed I was the one running the show

ha

#94 2015-11-03 03:11:47, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-11-03 04:14:35)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Eh. I'm typing this on my phone in a 90 degree practice room so bear with me.

I came on too strong. I meant it to be a passing remark, not to turn into a whole attack on mihb. For that, I'm sorry. About the douche comment, I wasn't specifically talking about you. I've known a lot of insanely talented people irl who use the fact that their talented to assume an air of superiority. I hate this. In particular I competed for six years with a girl like this who constantly put me down and almost cost me opportunities for college etc. long, mostly irrelevant story short, am I reacting against this particular trait that I see a lot in the EE community (not just you)? Yes. So to be fair I wasn't calling you a douche, more so anybody that uses their skills, or in this case "skills", as a pedestal.

The nonsense about calling you old and irrelevant was just me spouting off. It was late and I wasn't thinking and I am sorry about that.

About EX crew. I don't care about EX crew. I didn't post anything else about EX crew, and I don't remember attacking EX crew before.. If I did, it was almost certainly for what I talked about up there ^.

The John green comment was just me thinking I'm funny. I don't apologize for it, because it wasn't really an attack. His novels (for whatever reason) are wildly popular!!!

I stand by my main points that some of you "pros" come off as being all high and mighty for no reason. Maybe just turn down a little bit?

Anyway I'm done. To reiterate. Not attacking EX crew. Shouldn't have attacked you so harshly. Main points still stand. The end.

Wooted by:

#95 2015-11-03 03:40:17

Onjit
Website

Pyro you try to fight the EElite you're gonna get cut down

No shame in trying though

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#96 2015-11-03 04:00:28

iPwner
Website

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:

I don't think that being good at something (ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS AS DUMB AS EE) gives someone the right to be a douche.

Its not like I'm rude and mean to everybody.  Yes, I'm arrogant in that I have a high opinion about my knowledge in certain areas, but I am also generally nice to people.  I thank people for playing my levels, I compliment them on theirs, I help people when asked for advice, no matter how "noob" they may be.  I don't diss levels or builders just because I don't 'like' what they make; there are quite a few levels out there that I don't like because they aren't my thing, but I like that they exist and respect the people who made them.  That also applies to people I actively dislike, and there are a couple who have levels I would readily support as being part of a campaign.

Well the other day I merely criticized a miniscule aspect of your level in that an invisible portal felt arbitrarily placed but I was then physically assaulted by a kick that sent both me and thwinkt ricocheting off your level back into the lobby. I thought this was rather rash of you. @>@

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#97 2015-11-03 14:09:25

madiik

I'm saying the only thing I find offensive is how people confuse weaaboo with otaku. They don't know the meanings probably.

Here. Google will help, infact, I found a webpage for it.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-6 … nd-weeaboo

Now you can probably read all it's posts too to get more in depth about it.

Hell japanese is a blooming land and they work too hard,
wouldn't plan to go there anyway. I wouldn't fit in. It's just amazing on where most technology comes from-

shh i have returned

#98 2015-11-03 15:28:01, last edited by Calicara (2015-11-03 15:28:32)

Calicara

@madiik: saying you're an otaku but not a weeaboo, is basically like saying I'm not bad, but I'm not good. They basically mean the same thing, and you're just struggling for some abstract meaning to separate the two to feel better about yourself. It really does matter how you say it. So you're an anime fan? Then stop trying to label your level of obsession and just enjoy it. :s

tgA1y17.jpg

#99 2015-11-03 16:05:58, last edited by madiik (2015-11-03 16:07:04)

madiik

Calicara wrote:

@madiik: saying you're an otaku but not a weeaboo, is basically like saying I'm not bad, but I'm not good. They basically mean the same thing, and you're just struggling for some abstract meaning to separate the two to feel better about yourself. It really does matter how you say it. So you're an anime fan? Then stop trying to label your level of obsession and just enjoy it. :s

You should really google it if you don't believe it.
Before stating anything, check your facts. They don't mean the same thing. I also believe I HAVE to label it because people confuse weeaboo with otaku as you are right now doing it.
AND I MEAN IT.

Hell, let's make it more easier to find it for you.

l7Va9.png

My facts are proven.

EDIT:
If you like Steven Universe, and you're fan of it, why are YOU labeling it too?
I thought you thought it as

Calicara wrote:

Then stop trying to label your level of obsession and just enjoy it.

shh i have returned

#100 2015-11-03 16:11:53, last edited by Calicara (2015-11-03 16:22:27)

Calicara

So you just requoted your evidence from last time, and it's not even a credible source. Anyone can say something in the Internet, but that doesn't make it true. Me stating my obsession for Steven universe has nothing to do with this conversation, because it's not me labeling myself as anything, just stating that it's something I enjoy.

tgA1y17.jpg

Schlog1446677869555485

Board footer