Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#176 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Re: Everybody Edits Easter 2011: The winners!

Put SOMETHING Easter-related in the shop.   It feels long overdue.   Maybe like an egg decoration or a Jesus smiley (like in my level) or SOMETHING!!!!

32ortonedge32dh.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#177 Before February 2015

Bobithan

32OrtonEdge32 wrote:

Put SOMETHING Easter-related in the shop.   It feels long overdue.   Maybe like an egg decoration or a Jesus smiley (like in my level) or SOMETHING!!!!

A Jesus smiley would offend some people like me. I would be a bad idea. There would be a lot of hate mail going towards the mods.

aka towwl

#178 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Oh come ON... Offend you??? Forrizles??

Calm pyro... Calm.....

I'm ok now.......

#179 Before February 2015

Interrobang Team

I had a feeling we wouldn't win...
But we tried!

#180 Before February 2015

Modern

Does anyone feels like it's weird how popular people have been chosen to win (of course some deserved, like dk,sneppe,nou and some others) but some of these "famous" people had suckish levels and still won? hmm weird. once again, just my opinion, but i think some people will agree with me.

#181 Before February 2015

willard b

Modern wrote:

Does anyone feels like it's weird how popular people have been chosen to win (of course some deserved, like dk,sneppe,nou and some others) but some of these "famous" people had suckish levels and still won? hmm weird. once again, just my opinion, but i think some people will agree with me.

I second and third that, the popular people are first choice with thies kind of things //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile:/
Elaboration:

It's called social hierarchy. And it's, without fail, not fair, biased, and cruel on us 'unpopular people'.
That's why I believe contests like this shouldn't be atempted on EE and other mmogs [massive multilayer online games] like this in general.

Now chew on this.
When your reading blog reply's or forum posts, do you not look at who posted it first? And if you know the person as good you read it, or if you don't know the person you skip over it?
This is an example of the current situation.

Wikipedia Link for further information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_order#Status_groups        

Now if you think I'm an idiot for posting this; that is also a good example of social hierarchy.

#182 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with some of the choices? Three, in my opinion, didn't even deserve to make it. It's nothing personal, towards teams or individual members, but I just didn't like the maps. I've taken the content from the original post and below, outlined my points. Before you tell me I'm only saying this because my level didn't get picked. I came up with some of these reasons before I even noticed that my level wasn't there.
1st place -

nhBXn.png
22. Coldstorm
Members: Koth, Capasha, JAA, lillsneppe, Lecture
Level: House of Easter
--
-Art is bland, and it's not easter related. The only easter related thing there is two bunnies, and they're not in great detail.
-The minis are extremely easy and short, leaving much to be desired. Most of them lack fun because of it. No joke, I completed over 80% of them on the first try, and I'm no good at minigames. A lot of them only involved holding down keys, you didn't have to maneuver... at all.
-It involves tons of backtracing at parts. At other parts, it isn't exactly clear where to go because the coin doors don't stick out that much.
-A lot of the minigames seemed to be new versions of the same old boring minigames.
Estimated completion time: 10> minutes.
2qm3t76.png
Overall rating:
-Art: 4/10. I can tell what it is, but it's not spectacular, or even noteworthy
-Minigames: 5/10. It wasn't stairs and hook jumps all of the way, but they weren't fun and they were generally just rehashed versions of the typical minis
-Ease of play (1(easy)-10(hard)): 2: Extremely easy. Anything easier and it's at par with 100 easy minigames.
-Fun/enjoyment: 4.5/10. It was fun to overcome some of the challenges, but I was generally bored throughout the entire level.
Overall: 5/10. Better than typical noob levels, but not a contest winner, especially first place.
G6MJ5.png
53. MG Crew
Members: Drock2308, Ugotpwned, Shy Guy, Rhythm(Ryan), 133
Level: Easter Palace
--
-The level, at first glance, looks great. Lots of color, and it's well drawn and shaded. I don't think that it was necessary, however, to remove the middle of the towers. I understand that some minigames had to go through there, but there are better ways of doing that than removing the artwork entirely. Now on to the clouds. The random eggs everywhere just seem to be random inserts in an effort to leave no part of the level un-easter themed.
-Nothing seems to be shaded besides the eggs. Shading shows that there is some sort of light coming from somewhere. If one part of a level is shaded, all parts should be. As for this level, the light seems like it would've come from about where the bunny is.
-The minigames, at first, were of medium difficulty. That's good, since I'm no good at minis. That means they're probably easy, which is perfect for the very first minigames of a level. Notice, however, that I didn't say fun. I didn't find them entertaining, as they were very short and hectic at times.
-Like with the last review, it seems that all you have to do in some occasions is hold one or two keys, without switching, and you'll pass the minigame.
-Sometimes, the minigames allow no resting point between them. This increases the difficulty a notch. This, however, usually tells you that you'll only have to alternate the key you're pressing and not make much maneuvers. That seems to be the case in this level.
-The level path is extremely difficult to follow-- a lot of times, I didn't know where the hell I was supposed to go next.
-The difficulty curve is steep. It should've gradually increased up to difficult minigames
-occasionally, a minigame would come along that you could bypass by taking some sort of unintended shortcut
-I couldn't even finish the level, and (according to coin count), I didn't even finish 1/5th of the level (11/50). I think the level can have hard minis, but needs to be noob-friendly towards the beginning (first 3/5)
Overall rating
-Art: 6/10. Good art for the eggs, bad art for the castle, no shading for castle and clouds.
-Minigames: 4/10. Good at the very first, but with a steep difficulty curve that I can see causing ragequitting prematurely, even for a ragequit.
-Ease of play: 8: It may have been easy at first, but it got too hard too fast. At some points, I couldn't even progress because getting the coin was such a pain and getting back to the desired/optimal point for completing a minigame (going through a dot field impeded by bricks to a higher point, for example) was too much at times.
-Fun/enjoyment: 3/10. Severely lacking. The minigames seemed semi-repetetive, they didn't allow for rest and thought over the best way to do something. A lot of times, it seemed you just needed to press a certain key fast enough, or the whole operation was thrown off.
-Overall: 5/10. Once again, it's much better than the typical box minigame levels, and it did present some element of adventure (failure of one minigame may remove you to an earlier minigame, without using a trail of arrows). However, the art could've been shaded a bit, and the minigames should've been a bit easier in the beginning.

--

2nd place -

wff5t.png
43. GO! Crew
Members: Fir3Fli3, DeadLord, BossKing, Areus, Docter_Downes
Level: Egg Factory GO!
-Right away, and even before the winners were announced, I was disappointed with the artwork. All elements besides the truck and sign look extremely simple. The eggs, with the exception of the one right in front of the truck (which was still disappointing), are solid colors, which makes them seem boring. Some of the machinery is interesting, but its purpose is ambiguous as the machines are un-detailed.
-The animals in the top-right look out-of place, and aren't very clear (is it a mouse and a cow?).
-This level presents the same disappointment as the others, many of the minigames can be completed simply by holding down one or more keys.
-The minigames are box-style. They do make me think, however, but they are rather short and small. Most of the times, surprisingly, you used cookie-cutter box minigames, such as those seen as space-fillers in stairs levels.
-(almost) As with the first level, I could complete around 80% of the minigames on the first try, coins and all. Now, this time around, that doesn't mean I only had to try once, but the strategy I had at first eventually succeeded (it was the correct way to win).
-At some times, the minigames are too short. At others, they are too long, adding no new challenges along the way, which makes them annoying fast.
-many of the minigames involve jumping fast in succession. My keyboard, luckily, doesn't do this, but some keyboards don't accept quick taps like that (no, I'm not talking about stickykeys). Even if people don't have a keyboard like that, some people may not know how to disable stickykeys, and the level definitely needs to be fit for all to play.
- I quit this one too, as one of the challenges proved to difficult for me. At 21/50, that's a pretty good difficulty curve, but I'm not sure what the levels would've looked like later on.
Overall rating
-Art: 3/10. Unimpressive, ambiguous at times. The only well-made things were the truck body and the sign on the building. Other things may have looked misshapen, boring, or ambiguous when they didn't have to.
-Minigames: 4/10. They were fun at times, but other times it seemed like you were just trying to fill up space.
-Ease of play: 4-6. Easy some times, hard at other times. The difficulty went up or down in random places. This is a pretty good range, though, otherwise.
-Fun/enjoyment: Hard to describe. Some parts were semi-enjoyable, others were completely boring or bland. It seemed to be balanced between the two, though.
-Overall: 4/10. The artwork really dragged it down a lot, and the minigames just sunk it further. I definitely didn't expect this to make it into the top ten.

I don't really think these are adequate picks, do you? Not that they were completely bad, but they're not contest-winning material.
God, it took me all day to write this. Why the hell is that?

Last edited by JadElClemens (Apr 21 2011 9:13:49 pm)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#183 Before February 2015

Allie

Jadel, what was the point of posting that? Even if the judges do regret their decisions, they're not going to change the places of anyone.

#184 Before February 2015

Calicara

Now that is how you are supposed to complain^^^

... and I actually read through your reviews, and I absolutely agree. Especially on the easter house. It has nothing to do with easter, and the art isn't even that great.

Honestly I kinda feel bad for treejoe4. I know he put alot of effort into his level, and it is easter themed, yet does anyone pay attention? No. I wasn't expecting to win, but I expected the real winners to be better.

Here is their level:g04xgl.jpg

#185 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

I think your review of my level is dumb.
First you say its easy then too hard? And if you aren't good at minis you shouldnt judge em. If I recall your level was exploitable, easy to fall back, and weren't fun. Anyway, the path isn't direct, your free to go anywhere if a minigame is to hard, find another, it only took 37 to win.
You found shortcuts? I doubt it. Its also hard to shade with the grays we have.
Rpg said our gameplay was fun, dunno, but hyour strongly opinionated to your/other levels.
Id yell at you about the others too but I'm on a touchscreen and is hard to type

#186 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I never said I expected them to change their decisions, I was just saying why I felt they didn't deserve to win. So far, everyone's just been going around saying 'they don't deserve to win', but I actually provided reasons.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#187 Before February 2015

Jeremy

Congratulations to the winners. Too bad I didn't enter.

Can't wait for the next event.

#188 Before February 2015

Penguin

JadElClemens wrote:

I never said I expected them to change their decisions, I was just saying why I felt they didn't deserve to win. So far, everyone's just been going around saying 'they don't deserve to win', but I actually provided reasons.

I completely agree.   This has nothing to do with complaining.   It's only thanks to people like you who make the contests better in the future.   There is a purpose why the contests are based on a holiday.   This isn't a contest where you edit your old world, and just stick in an egg or too.   The worlds should be somewhat challenging, fun, interesting, relevant, and unique.   I think there should be new rules, involving anonymous voting.   The worlds should not be allowed to hold any names, the judges shouldn't read the crew name before judging, and players should be involved too, but without knowing who built the level.  

I hardly believe that judges play through all the levels before judging.   This should be the players' job.   EE players are by far, better judges than mods.   EEers have more experience and opinions.   A mods' expectations are completely different from EEers' expectations.

#189 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

All I would like now is the judge's reasoning.

*chuckles* That Easter House... First...

Seriously, did they entirely forget to judge like 10 levels?

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#190 Before February 2015

supadorf24

It's true. Easter House has NOTHING to do with Easter. It seems like they had a haunted house level, and then put a few tiny rabbits in it. At least the other winners have an Easter-themed level.

#191 Before February 2015

BEE

I know some of you are upset. RPGmaster said in game that whenever there are losers there will always be complainers, then I pointed out that I won and I disliked some decisions made as well //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

So I made a thread with suggestions on how to improve picking winners:
http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=7105

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#192 Before February 2015

MIHB

Pyromaniac wrote:

Oh come ON... Offend you??? Forrizles??

Calm pyro... Calm.....

I'm ok now.......

You might be surprised how quickly Jesus can become a symbol of oppression.   It isn't as bad as Muslims assassinating people who draw the prophet whatshisname, but the behavior is cut from the same cloth.

#193 Before February 2015

Splash

treejoe4 wrote:
Splash wrote:

I lose, pff; I'm not a graphist, i'm winemaker.

I built a room for easter, maybe more than 10.000 come to try this and win; and i lose.

...???

Views dont win it

Try this: "Humm Chocolate": http://everybodyedits.com/games/PW4AEAAA

It's not beautiful, but it's not bad.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#194 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Yeah, how would you feel if they made a Allah smiley [lol]? People look up to Allah just as much as Jesus.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#195 Before February 2015

MIHB

Penguin wrote:

I hardly believe that judges play through all the levels before judging.   This should be the players' job.   EE players are by far, better judges than mods.   EEers have more experience and opinions.   A mods' expectations are completely different from EEers' expectations.

Do you expect all the players to play 150 levels all the way through?   Judging levels appropriately is incredibly time intensive, and expecting the judges to play ALL the way through ALL the levels is a completely unreasonable standard.   The fact that, out of 150 levels, the arguments are really only over 3 or 4 levels, suggests that the judges did a very good job.

Also, while you argue that players are superior judges than mods, EDJ and Ravatroll were both among the judges.   EDJ is a very skilled player and designer, while Ravatroll is one of the best artists and also a skilled minigame designer and player.   I find it unlikely that their opinions would have been ignored by the other judges.

For the most part, my own opinions on the quality of the maps jived with what the judges decided, including the entire top 5.   However, I can see an argument that the Coldstorm map was insufficiently Easter themed.   In future contests, judges should probably place greater importance on maps having content relevant to the theme of the contest.

#196 Before February 2015

MIHB

Oh wow, I just realized Nou is going to have 3000+ energy.   He needs to stop winning these contests.

#197 Before February 2015

Cola1

Failgirl101 wrote:

Now that is how you are supposed to complain^^^

... and I actually read through your reviews, and I absolutely agree. Especially on the easter house. It has nothing to do with easter, and the art isn't even that great.

Honestly I kinda feel bad for treejoe4. I know he put alot of effort into his level, and it is easter themed, yet does anyone pay attention? No. I wasn't expecting to win, but I expected the real winners to be better.

Here is their level:http://i.imgur.com/g04xgl.jpg

That is what I think.

I know right, I don't think the Easter House level should have won,.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#198 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Congratulations, I really wanted to win //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Unfortunately there's no third place //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#199 Before February 2015

Wezza

Coldstorm and MG are both #22. kinda strange cause MG signed up as 53th

#200 Before February 2015

martvangenuchten

that is bad for the NL-crew team but congratulations Capasha!;) 1000 energy seems to be awesome I think

RPGMaster2000 14239565414891

Board footer