Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Inbox: Suggestions for blocks.

Hey everyone!

As a couple of you might have noticed, I'm sort of lobbying to make myself become part of the Everybody Edits! team as a graphics designer. My first contribution was of course the logo in this very same sub-forum that I'm posting in, and hopefully, it won't be my last. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

However, I'm a little lazy when it comes to coming up with actual ideas for in-game assets. But I figured that the best source for ideas would be the community itself anyway, so this is why I'm asking all of you guys to give me some ideas as to what I should create.
Could be random blocks, could be themes, just lay it on me!

There are of course no guarantees that any of these blocks will ever end up in the game, that's completely up to Chris himself to decide. But I figured that why not let me flex my graphical muscles and show you all what I got. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Note: Any suggestions must be purely cosmetical. So no extra "key" blocks, one-way platforms, tubes, etc... At least until such a feature is announced that will allow me to make such graphics.

Go!

EDIT: 4 finished mock-up packs so far.

glasspackad.jpg
factorypackad.jpg
envpackad.jpg
varietypackad.jpg

Last edited by RPGMaster2000 (Aug 22 2010 3:18:47 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

FMaster

Re: Inbox: Suggestions for blocks.

Glass block

#3 Before February 2015

Rurigok

I am, uhh, 99% sure that a topic very similar to this has been made, but until I find it (if I can), this one is fine.

#4 Before February 2015

AeonOracle

I'd like to see an electric block that gives the smiley characters electric shocks when they get too close to it

#5 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Rurigok wrote:

I am, uhh, 99% sure that a topic very similar to this has been made, but until I find it (if I can), this one is fine.

Since this is the first time that I'm actively asking the community to give me suggestions about blocks that I can produce, I highly doubt that. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Although I did have a fairly old thread where I pretty much openly wrote to Chris about me doing graphics, but I eventually mailed him personally so it's best to just ignore that thread.

#6 Before February 2015

Rurigok

I'm talkin about a thread where blocks were just suggested. But I think I'm just crazy. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#7 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Rurigok wrote:

I'm talkin about a thread where blocks were just suggested. But I think I'm just crazy. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Ah, I understand. However, most of them were based on practical uses. I'm looking for purely cosmetic tips for me to use and eventually show everyone what it might look like in-game. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Come on, people! Give me more material to work with!

Last edited by RPGMaster2000 (Aug 18 2010 2:43:32 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

Ciro

An Stone block, like in this image, in the Desert Tileset: http://www.mariomayhem.com/downloads/sp … ileset.PNG

#9 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Hope you guys like glass! Here's my quick attempt at a mock-up...

EDIT: I took Ciro's suggestion to heart and made the blocks more pixelated.
glasspackad.jpg

Last edited by RPGMaster2000 (Aug 19 2010 3:39:19 am)

#10 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

Hope you guys like glass! Here's my quick attempt at a mock-up...

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/7070/glasspackad.jpg

Now that is epic! I for one vote RPGMaster to put his Glass Pack in EE!

#11 Before February 2015

Ciro

Nice, but try to make it more pixelated.

#12 Before February 2015

Thip

The GLass Block can desapear(broke) in 3 seconds after someone touch it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile (and respawn before 3 seconds.)
Between, i like the blue glass

Last edited by Thip (Aug 18 2010 8:01:18 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Ciro wrote:

Nice, but try to make it more pixelated.

Will do if I actually get to do graphics for the game. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

EDIT: Actually, I had nothing else to do so check my original post with the picture. Pixelation done! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by RPGMaster2000 (Aug 19 2010 3:40:04 am)

#14 Before February 2015

AeonOracle

The set of glass blocks with each block in a different colour, looks fantastic.

Do the glass blocks break three seconds after someone "stands" on the block, or do they break when someone stands still on the block for three seconds?

#15 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

AeonOracle wrote:

The set of glass blocks with each block in a different colour, looks fantastic.

Do the glass blocks break three seconds after someone "stands" on the block, or do they break when someone stands still on the block for three seconds?

No clue. Like I said before, any suggestions you guys make and any graphics I pump out will for now purely be for   cosmetical purposes. No new tech or functions will be available for them until Chris makes it so.

That is a pretty good suggestion though, but for crowded levels, I fear something like that could be abused.

#16 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

New mock-up pack up! This might be the last mock-up I'll do until I get any kind of confirmation on whether I get to inject my graphics in to the game or not. Until then, please give me some feedback! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

factorypackad.jpg

#17 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

O___O
Wow, they're even presented nicely.

#18 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Cyclone wrote:

O___O
Wow, they're even presented nicely.

Thanks. I Like to go above and beyond the call of duty. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#19 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

That factory pack is amazing, I'd like to use some of those in my levels...

#20 Before February 2015

iYam

As a designer, all I can say is:
WOW! :O
Your designs are really good, you can design some for users that suggested idea in their topic.
Keep that on! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
And... You also made me wanna play this! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Your bricks are a bit different-style then the original (I think it's because of the Bevel & Emboss)... So try to think why. But they're awesome!

Last edited by iYam (Aug 19 2010 9:59:50 am)

#21 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Thanks, all! Yeah, the bevel and embossing might have been a bit different, but that's all stuff that can be tweaked if I manage to get everything in-game.

#22 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Ideas for block sets: Underwater, Desert, Forest

#23 Before February 2015

Sykodeus

i might sound like a kill joy but I would prefer so much unicolored (or only a single pattern) blocks and you can choose any color you want on a display. All the blocks on EE being so different makes it a bit rough in my opinion...

#24 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Great ideas, Cyclone! I'll get around to making some of them tomorrow when I have the time. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Sykodeus wrote:

i might sound like a kill joy but I would prefer so much unicolored (or only a single pattern) blocks and you can choose any color you want on a display. All the blocks on EE being so different makes it a bit rough in my opinion...

I actually agree with you on this one. The ability to pick your own colors in the game would be great, but is however a tech that's not available in the game as of yet. Therefore, I made these mock-ups to represent how it would look in the current state of the game.

#25 Before February 2015

Ciro

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

EDIT: Actually, I had nothing else to do so check my original post with the picture. Pixelation done! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I think I expressed myself badly. I mean make your block more like an pixel art. It was a bit smooth compared to others. But thanks for accepting my suggestion anyway //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

And the second image looks great.

RPGMaster2000 1423489663471769

Board footer