Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

New Chat Update.

Great. Just Great. I was loving the new chat and now I have to use tinychat again! AND TO MAKE US FEEL BETTER, HE GIVES A NEW SMILEY, OH BOY! Jesus Christ, For a freaking cent, I have to get chat back!? My parents won't let me buy anything online anymore! Can't you change up the rules a bit? Like, verifying your age in the game? Or at least have the chat on Beta and not on the regular everybodyedits.com? We payed for beta, right? That should verify that our parents are okay with it! The regular is free, which kids can play for free. Chat should only be in beta at least.

Last edited by Shy Guy (Dec 14 2010 11:42:36 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Re: New Chat Update.

that is cheap.

i have never said a bad word and what you said is soo true!

i dont even care about the o_o smiley !

#3 Before February 2015

EDJ

he should just ask birth date, yeah you can lie but inappropriate content/racism is just one click away on the internet.

Also its almost impossible to comment on his blog since you need to have a account and comments are moderated.....

Last edited by EDJ (Dec 14 2010 11:32:30 am)

#4 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

And let me tell you, This update is really working wonders, NOT
30550016.png

#5 Before February 2015

EDJ

first time no trolling after giving away code....
people are united in their feelings.

#6 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

yeah, just every time **** comes up ban them for 10 then 30 then 1 day etc you know?

and my friend has a credit card! and he's only like 12!

Last edited by kaosslasher (Dec 14 2010 11:46:41 am)

#7 Before February 2015

Peber

Shy Guy wrote:

Great. Just Great. I was loving the new chat and now I have to use tinychat again! AND TO MAKE US FEEL BETTER, HE GIVES A NEW SMILEY, OH BOY! Jesus Christ, For a freaking cent, I have to get chat back!? My parents won't let me buy anything online anymore! Can't you change up the rules a bit? Like, verifying your age in the game? Or at least have the chat on Beta and not on the regular everybodyedits.com? We payed for beta, right? That should verify that our parents are okay with it! The regular is free, which kids can play for free. Chat should only be in beta at least.

I have a suggestion. Make a pin number to access parent settings. God this is dumb! Well back to tinychat.

#8 Before February 2015

PhillipAC

kaosslasher wrote:

yeah, just every time **** comes up ban them for 10 then 30 then 1 day etc you know?

and my friend has a credit card! and he's only like 12!

I remember having a debit card well before I was 18 that was under my name.

Perhaps a better method for this is just a button parents could press that would turn off chat. At this point they could add a password that would turn the chat back on. If a parent is concerned enough about the chat they will not care about going though that small process of turning it off.

On the other hand, it is 1 cent. to put it in perspective that is 4% of a gum ball....

#9 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

chris said if you find away to verify that it IS the parent he would be more than happy to implant it soo think away my young friends that are under the age of 18!

#10 Before February 2015

ZidneyTheSharkboi

I'm 19 and i can't even pay a cent, i had to get my friend to pay for my Beta and now i have no way of getting him to do it agian :C

i can prove you so privatly how old i am.

they should make is so mods can trust people who can't pay.

#11 Before February 2015

Doom moose

XD choose of words fail by chris
5260871927_ee61e328ae_z.jpg

#12 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

The best I can think of is to just put a disclaimer that says: WARNING: THIS GAME MAY CONTAIN FOUL LANGUAGE

#13 Before February 2015

2wenty4our

Lol I love the fact that we beta members cannot chat without going through this whole process, where people on the free non-beta worlds still have access to chat bubbles //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile It's like a feature for the non-beta players that goes away if you buy the beta!

Although I'm assuming (and hoping) that chat in free worlds is just something Chris hasn't gotten around to getting rid of yet. Anyway, it's times like these I'm so glad I got my own credit card when I turned 18.

On second thought, Chris was talking in the blog like he is really looking for alternative ways to verify your age, so maybe I'll just wait for that.....

#14 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

hopefully :S

#15 Before February 2015

PhillipAC

2wenty4our wrote:

Lol I love the fact that we beta members cannot chat without going through this whole process, where people on the free non-beta worlds still have access to chat bubbles //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile It's like a feature for the non-beta players that goes away if you buy the beta!

Although I'm assuming (and hoping) that chat in free worlds is just something Chris hasn't gotten around to getting rid of yet. Anyway, it's times like these I'm so glad I got my own credit card when I turned 18.

On second thought, Chris was talking in the blog like he is really looking for alternative ways to verify your age, so maybe I'll just wait for that.....

he stated he was getting around to updating the pro version to the beta version's way of chat.

#16 Before February 2015

ZidneyTheSharkboi

CAN I JUST POST A PHOTO OF ME MANBEARD AND GET ON WITH TALKING?

ARG.

#17 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

Honestly, if this isn't fixed soon I might as well stop playing. My parents were reluctant to let me use their credit card even after I paid them the ten bucks, they sure as hell won't let me use it for a "one cent item".

Honestly if parents want parental control there should be another feature that allows parents to password protect the chat instead of having to use paypal.

#18 Before February 2015

AmoebaLord

Alright, I'm going to try to say this logically and respectfully so that SOMEBODY will listen to it.

Frankly, I think the problem of parental controls can be quite successfully solved without the need for me to annoy my dad about letting me use his PayPal to buy a one cent item.   FYI I am sixteen, so I am mature enough to be taken seriously on this matter.

The simple solution is a password lock.   I assume this must have been what you (Benjaminsen) were talking about when you stated that most restrictors could be easily circumvented, but I think you are wrong on this matter.   A password lock is quite safe, and an added benefit is that a parent can remove the privelage if they decide it is being misused.   I don't think a PayPal purchase provides this functionality.   As long as parents are not careless about writing down the password (that's how I got around my dad's restrictions), the method is very foolproof - few kids will know what a password-cracker or keylogger is, or even where to get them.

In addition, you can look at the example set by thousands of other programs.   K9 Web Protection, the free service that my dad used to block my web for years, uses a simple password.   Even the parental restriction on every standard Apple computer uses nothing but a password.   Both of these systems survived countless attempts by me to bring them down for years until my mother got careless and wrote the passwords down.   And if parents are careless with their passwords, they have nobody to blame but themselves.

In short, passwords are perfectly secure if used properly, and have the added benefit of being able to reverse the privelage once it has been granted.

Please read this Chris, and consider this.   I know many people are frustrated about this, but are too hotheaded to express this rationally to you.

#19 Before February 2015

AmoebaLord

Shy Guy wrote:

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/926/30550016.png

GIVE ME THE LINK AND I WILL ADD MY OPINION

#20 Before February 2015

AmoebaLord

oh, and by the way, I hope you all realize that there is no longer access to any chat-interface commands.

/loadlevel (revert to last save), and /kick cant be used without chat, as there is no GUI button for them.

Last edited by AmoebaLord (Dec 14 2010 3:08:38 pm)

#21 Before February 2015

Cola1

Shy Guy wrote:

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/926/30550016.png

O.o Damn update. Agreed, it ruined EE and the chance of my dad paying for anything since i got 650 Gems is zilch.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#22 Before February 2015

Conary

The game already has a link to my face book, which has my age and pictures + other personal info. And why cant he just aprove certain people that he knows are 15+?

#23 Before February 2015

Vulcan

Personally I like it, I don't really like the chat anyways. I wish it had an enable and disable option for it.

Just a lot of rude people on EE. Saying rude things begging for code etc. And most people that do that kind of stuff is under 18.
I'm 16 but have my own debit and paypal. So it was pretty easy for me to get it back.

#24 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

Well, Alex came up with a likeable idea.

Conary wrote:
alex wrote:

I think an effective alternative would be to DISABLE chat for 1 cent.
IE: parent gets mad, does that, chat is disabled, and it can be reenabled for 1 cent.
This way people with unattentive parents who don't give a crap aren't chatless, or people with relaxed parents that don't want to give money are also can still have chat.

This

#25 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

^ yes i would be so happy with that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Shy Guy 1423491281470151

Board footer