Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Wezza

This game.

I'll be fair about my opinions, no hate or love intended.
Also non needed from anyone here on the forums.

This game is ready to die. Why? I'll tell you.

Chris made a simple good game, only needed small updates every now and then to keep everyone happy.
New smiley here, block pack there and some contests. But then "MrShoe" came along.
Updates that where not necessary, useless and I doubt even fun got added to the game.
Most respected players already quited before this all, but they made a great choice.

Everybody Edits was a competitive art and play game, turned into rubbish first class.
If I could I'd back up the coding of the game 1 year back, this would save us from more of these updates to come.

Updates crashing levels, destroying art. Well thought out concepts all gone.
Losing crews like EX, LX, MG, MX was a great loose of the game.
Members of these crews now a days still have the will and knowledge to build good maps,
but getting back on the same competitive level as it was before will never happen.

Chris Benjaminsen, if you really care about this game you take peoples opinions serious.
Do something about this downhill developing, you can't let this happen so easily.

Last edited by Wezza (Dec 17 2012 5:56:19 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Lopoi2

Re: This game.

Wezza wrote:

If I could I'd back up the coding of the game 1 year back, this would save us from more of these updates to come.

I have the code, from last year I think

#3 Before February 2015

Terence22205

Geez. More walls of text against Shoe.

You realize Chris put Julian in to do exactly this? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#4 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

agreed

#5 Before February 2015

Wezza

Good to see I'm not the only one stating this statement. Although it's a shame it has to go like this.

Terence, you noticed it isn't getting any better with Julian?

#6 Before February 2015

Ang3L

aggreed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#7 Before February 2015

arteem

I definitely agree with you. EE needs someone who would take care of it and focus on bugs, not releasing stupid blocks like nobody needs.

#8 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I need to see I am perplexed by these arguments against MrShoe
First you say it's because of MrShoe, then you blame Chris.
You're asking for Chris to actually listen to opinions, but MrShoe is already doing that.

I think that competitiveness could easily be re-attained through frequent contests.
I'm also going to say, I don't think there have been any long lasting bugs at all during the MrShoe era, apart from the arrow jumps. During Chris's rule there would often be week or month lasting bugs every update, and breaking of levels. A notable example of this is ghosting in levels and the breaking of ex crew odyssey.

Last edited by GKAbyss (Dec 18 2012 9:59:33 am)

#9 Before February 2015

Wezza

Re-reading my own post doesn't show me blaming Chris. Although I do. After all he is the one that hired MrShoe and the one who should fire MrShoe.

MrShoe ain't listening to opinions. If he did he already would've packed his bags and left.

You say competitiveness is easily re-attained? No. Competitiveness isn't just making contests and see who is the best after it. It's also about the regular worlds you make between contests and collaborations.

I agree on your point that MrShoe fixes bugs faster, but counting them up MrShoe had caused possibly more bugs in a short time then Chris in a long time. It's a shame levels break, no matter what we do there will break more levels. Setting the coding back will break levels, keeping on developing breaks levels.

Wezza 142392176239670

Board footer