Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

YoshidudeEx

NPCs (Non-playable-characters) and 2 bonus other things

I got a great idea. I heard the idea a talking block but the better idea is NPCs. They have a name but their name has a different color than players and if you touch them with your character then they will say something. for example.

NPC Bob O_o: don't go inside there! It's really dangerous. You'll fall to the bottom of the pit!

I also have 2 more ideas. I heard someone said about rating things however I suggest you pick if you want your level rated or not because imagine you just started making something. You are almost finshed but you was about to make the awesome part, someone comes and rates it low and you've been rated before you finshed.

Last thing is music. No not those which you have from your computer, i mean like EE custom music or they can even ask other people to make music for them. It kinda boring going to Everybody edits then go to a place finding the right music to fit with the place you are in. I think it's beter hearing Everybody edits custom music added by the play. Of cource a disable for some people.

I hope you like these 3 ideas. Cya.

#2 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Re: NPCs (Non-playable-characters) and 2 bonus other things

Sorta like the NPCs, but only as a replacement for talking bricks. I can only see using the names as a joke/funny kind of thing, or in a roleplay kind of way.

We should be able to rate levels, but also go into build mode (no visitors/no ratings). This would fix the 'almost done' thing you talked about.

I think music is a bad idea. People can look up music for theirselves, but adding music to EE is annoying to a lot of people who find it too hard to take the effort of pressing the mute button :/

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#3 Before February 2015

Burnett

^
^ For RPG makers,it's realy useful.Likes a new mod.

#4 Before February 2015

SmileyCC

Some good ideeas!

#5 Before February 2015

Wezza

I like the idea, but maybe people will get laggy if they go in to the world and a NPC starts dancing and making music (ofc in the way you mean it) maybe the owner of the room can decide if there should be music in his/her room. NPC's that could walk could mess up your map, maybe make them like how the ninja smiley shows up on the minimap.

~ please take look at my suggestion

Last edited by wezza (Jan 22 2011 3:31:20 am)

#6 Before February 2015

FMaster

I really like the NPC's idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#7 Before February 2015

KapKyle

I love the idea of npc/talking blocks/signs/etc
A way to put smaller messages into levels could be super useful.

I'm not too big on ratings. You already have play count. Ratings would just be another number. Unless there is some kind of benefit to getting a high rating (in which case you'll get cheating out the wazoo) nobody will even care. If there was a "sort by highest rated", popular levels would get high ratings and stay at the top of the list forever. A better idea may be some kind of categorization system for saved levels, but I think that's a little silly.

And as someone who has used myspace before, I am strongly against an in-game music system. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see an awesome use of music and great level design melding together effortlessly, but it wouldn't be worth it for having tacky music in 99% of the other levels.

I think that the only way this could work is to have a built in list of songs to choose from for levels, but you would need a huge amount of songs (so you don't hear the same tracks all the time). I know there is the NG audio portal and a ton of great chiptune artists out there you could license, but that's a lot of trouble to go through for something as unnecessary as music.

#8 Before February 2015

SmileyCC

Send the ideea to chris!

#9 Before February 2015

luker2009

for the rating,just hide the level.

#10 Before February 2015

PolakXXL

NPCS - Would be cool, they should be only beta though, as much people would spam them around, or make them expensive, like 2500 energy for 3.

Rating - Yeah, totally support

Music - I preferably never listen to music, but screw that, i support //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#11 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

YES! NPCs could move and such to imitate a player. They could also possibly trip keys and take crowns from players! It could be like an example of how to complete a difficult section of a map. They could be used to make a tutorial map.

~too lazy to quote here
Yes, I just realized that NPCs would be very useful for RPGs, and they would definitely bring the number of RPG maps up (they would save writing space)

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

YoshidudeEx 1423726992234440

Board footer