Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

TheGreenTroll

Rating/reward-system

This idea spawned from Shy Guys thread. Basically, many people have been tired for long now. People are tired on the stair levels and hookjumps and this and that (in other words: bad levels, I think you all understand).

So, what I've come up with (I haven't checked forums about this idea, I'm to lazy) is a rating system. The rating system should be either 1-5 or 1-10. When you get certain amounts of +6-10-ratings, you should get some kind of reward for your hard work. What the reward should I leave to you, but maybe gems or energy, or Chris might implement a reward-shop.

This is some examples:

1-5/10: No reward.
6-7/10: A "winner"-smiley, 5 reward-points.
8-9/10: A "winner"-set of bricks, 10 reward-points.
10/10: All rewards below plus a massive world (or something like that), 20 reward-points.

And when you have achieved all these rewards, or one of them, the reward-shop will be opened for you and you can use your reward-points to buy other reward-stuff.

Also, the rating system needs to be bullet-proof, so that all the noobs wont abuse it. For that I suppose that only registered user could vote and only one time, also, you shouldn't be able to get a reward for one +6-10-rating, so you need to get a certain amount of +6-10-ratings (maybe 1000?) to actually unlock the rewards. And keep in mind that every rating below 4 would decrease the rating (if it isn't spammed with +6-10-ratings).

I'll leave that reward/rating-system to you and the developers.

Now, why should we have this reward/rating-system?

It's because that this will motivate players to create good rooms, that's not spammed with hookjumps and stairs. This system will give the people who actually puts their souls into their creations, the reward they deserves (if the community likes the rooms).

Good creators get nothing right now, and that might lower their morale to start with new projects. But with this reward/rating-system, the creators will have a goal or something they want to achieve, and that will higher their morale (probably).

I'm sure that this system will wash away the bad rooms, since everyone wants everything in this game, people will actually try to create more original levels, because they want the new rewards. People will understand that you can't put 100 hookjumps in a row and call that "impossible" and then believe that they have a good level. With this system, people will try to think outside the box, just so that they can reach that special reward they wish to get.

Now, this is my personal belief, if you find any flaws with this system or think that this will be abused, or that it actually isn't that good as I believe, please, comment.

Keep in mind that it's EE we are talking about, and we all likes this game, so please try to be constructive and please try to come up with things that could improve this game.

._______
| TL;DR   |

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see that you had talked about the rating-system before. But I'm not 100 % sure that the reward-system is an old topic. So, let's see if this will be closed...

Last edited by TheGreenTroll (Mar 10 2011 11:02:14 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Re: Rating/reward-system

That's a nice idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#3 Before February 2015

The Red Troll

nice idea but if its been mentioned before i bet it will last 1 more day

#4 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Yeah, but newbs would make thousands of accounts to rate 10 everytime, over. and over.

and newbs who thinks hook jumps and un-origanal mini's are " fun " then they will rate 10 also, so it would'nt change much :/

and yes, this has been suggested many time.. a little different, but the same thing.

TheGreenTroll 1423728609232823

Board footer