Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

jakery

Make chat balloons optional

Especially when in a boss level, sometimes users' chat balloons block view of the next platform to jump to //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink. There should be an in-game option to turn the chat balloons off. (But keep the mini-bubble to show that they recently sent a chat message; those are never a problem.)

#2 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Re: Make chat balloons optional

If you move, this goes out

#3 Before February 2015

jakery

What if moving would cause me to plummet to my death in a boss room? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#4 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

then you're playing a horrable boss //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#5 Before February 2015

mrvalley

Kaosslasher wrote:

then you're playing a horrable boss //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

acctually you'd beplaying a pretty good one.   but, you can always move, even if it's a little.   this is the most cramped boss i can think of:

O-you
H-block
<-gravity arrow

<<<>> <<<O> <<H>>

the player is standing on the edge of the block,far enough that he isn;t affected by the gravity arrow above it, but close enough to still be standing.   even here, you can still move a very small amount.

#6 Before February 2015

jakery

But why bother moving if I can just turn off the chat balloons with a simple checkbox? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#7 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Why don't you create another account and don't enable chat on that one? Problem solved.

#8 Before February 2015

Panic

He still wants to SEE the chat, just not in boxes taking up space.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#9 Before February 2015

jakery

Gamer1120 wrote:

Why don't you create another account and don't enable chat on that one? Problem solved.

And not be able to chat at all? And not have my stuff I've unlocked with my energy? Or access to beta only levels? Or my own saved worlds? That's pretty silly.

Is there any good reason why this feature shouldn't be implemented? If you woke up tomorrow and this feature was implemented, would you ask that it be changed back? If so, why?

Edit:

Ok, how about this? An opacity slider option for the chat bubbles: Allows users to custom-set the alpha of all the chat bubbles. Set the opacity to 0% to turn the bubbles off. 100% for fully opaque. Somewhere in between for see-thru bubbles.

Last edited by jakery (Mar 14 2011 2:36:25 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

mrvalley

Gamer1120 wrote:

the problem is the chat bubbles, not the chat itself.   accounts wothout chat can still see the chat bubbles, just not the chat itself.

jakery 1423728806232626

Board footer