Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Something More then just a Monocle and Top-hat?

ZM12G.png ZM12G.png

Before anyone gets into a big argument about this: You are not buying the smiley; you are donating $50 to the game and this is your reward for doing so.

But shouldn't it be a little more interesting then a monocle and top-hat? Maybe an alien? Or how about extra energy? Gems? I mean, it IS $50, we're talking about. Perhaps a LITTLE bigger reward?

ZM12G.png ZM12G.png

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#2 Before February 2015

EENinja

Re: Something More then just a Monocle and Top-hat?

I agree totaly.

Honestly the big spender is just another smiley...

I guess the point really is to show off isnt it?

Anyway I vote you get a pack of smileys //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#3 Before February 2015

Panic

I think someone else (forget who) said that the big spender was just a joke and was not meant to be taken seriously.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#4 Before February 2015

kingjamstar

It was just a joke because chris thought no one would buy it

#5 Before February 2015

Revolution

He was happy to make his fasle discovery.

#6 Before February 2015

jakery

kingjamstar wrote:

I don't know what's more disturbing; that Chris actually sells a $50 smiley (joke or not), or that some people actually buy it.

#7 Before February 2015

Revolution

Hahaha yeah hes taking advantage of the rich kids!

#8 Before February 2015

35005CP

jakery wrote:
kingjamstar wrote:

I don't know what's more disturbing; that Chris actually sells a $50 smiley (joke or not), or that some people actually buy it.

You do realise people can earn gems for free so i would think quite a few have got it that way rather than pay...

And Revolution, what is with your sig...!

#9 Before February 2015

Advancé

Well, he made it $50 for the people who really want to support EE. Not for the quality of the reward. l:

#10 Before February 2015

jakery

35005CP wrote:

You do realise people can earn gems for free so i would think quite a few have got it that way rather than pay...

Not to be cynical, but the free gem promotions look like "please spam me" and "I'll install malware" offers. It's just not worth it.

#11 Before February 2015

35005CP

jakery wrote:
35005CP wrote:

Not to be cynical, but the free gem promotions look like "please spam me" and "I'll install malware" offers. It's just not worth it.

Actually no, if you do the tasks on gambit you don't give out your email address or any personal info, and they don't download anything onto your computer, you just fill in the boxes and submit, simple. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#12 Before February 2015

supadorf24

TakoMan02 wrote:

But shouldn't it be a little more interesting then a monocle and top-hat? Maybe an alien? Or how about extra energy? Gems?

You'd pay 50 bucks for a smiley plus gems? Why not just lower the price of the smiley then? pFhcd.png

#13 Before February 2015

jakery

35005CP wrote:

Actually no, if you do the tasks on gambit you don't give out your email address or any personal info, and they don't download anything onto your computer, you just fill in the boxes and submit, simple. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

From the page:

60 gems: Instantly watch as many movies as you want from Netflix! (I already have Netflix. Ineligible.)

6 gems: Join Memolink Surveys to Earn Rewards & Make a Difference. (Requires valid email address)

2100 gems: Get DIRECTV and save $31/month for 12 months. Restrictions apply. (BWAAA HA HA HA)

12 gems: Halo Reach vs. Gears of War 3. Vote & Get A Free Copy Of Your Game Of Choice! Participation requried. (Requires you to select a "silver offer." I'm guessing money is involved.

3 gems: Download. Shop. And Save. (looks like a download to me)

10 gems: Pick a difficulty level and a map to play to begin the game. (another download required)

2 gems: Sign up for free jokes and get Gems! (requires email address)

6 gems: One Click Translation. From any language to any language. (another shady download)

18 gems: Earn Rewards for taking surveys!!! (my work blocks the site, meaning it's probably full of browser exploit attempts. And for 18 gems, they're probably LONG surveys)

9 gems: Think Valentine?s Day is overrated? (again, work is blocking access, so it's probably bad for my PC)
Name any one of these offers and it's either not worth the time, not worth the money, or not worth the risk. (Except Netflix, which I can't take advantage of)

#14 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Chris is too greedy, that's how he works. Max amount of money for as little stuff as possible.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#15 Before February 2015

supadorf24

jakery wrote:

the truth

Jakery's right. The offers are just plain terrible. I've only done 2 offers, one of which was only worth 2 gems. The other one was a download, but it was the Bing Bar, which is made by Microsoft, so it was safe. The Bing one was worth 50 gems which I used to buy Beta (Christmas discount). Otherwise I wouldn't have Beta for the same reason I don't have chat.

#16 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

jakery wrote:
35005CP wrote:

From the page:

60 gems: Instantly watch as many movies as you want from Netflix! (I already have Netflix. Ineligible.)

6 gems: Join Memolink Surveys to Earn Rewards & Make a Difference. (Requires valid email address)

2100 gems: Get DIRECTV and save $31/month for 12 months. Restrictions apply. (BWAAA HA HA HA)

12 gems: Halo Reach vs. Gears of War 3. Vote & Get A Free Copy Of Your Game Of Choice! Participation requried. (Requires you to select a "silver offer." I'm guessing money is involved.

3 gems: Download. Shop. And Save. (looks like a download to me)

10 gems: Pick a difficulty level and a map to play to begin the game. (another download required)

2 gems: Sign up for free jokes and get Gems! (requires email address)

6 gems: One Click Translation. From any language to any language. (another shady download)

18 gems: Earn Rewards for taking surveys!!! (my work blocks the site, meaning it's probably full of browser exploit attempts. And for 18 gems, they're probably LONG surveys)

9 gems: Think Valentine?s Day is overrated? (again, work is blocking access, so it's probably bad for my PC)
Name any one of these offers and it's either not worth the time, not worth the money, or not worth the risk. (Except Netflix, which I can't take advantage of)

If you want to do downloads & installs, get sandboxie. If it says install right click it and run with sandboxie. It is prevented from making any changes to your system. To erase completely just right click the sandboxie icon in your system tray and select default box - delete contents. It's just like it never existed. Except it did. Or, if you srsly want those gems but srsly want no viruses you can always use system restore. (Windows only)

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#17 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE HERM HERM HERM *is disappointed in mod for staying off-topic*
I think the reason he put that smiley out there was to remind people to be nice to companies. They need money to create icons and games. So stop being greedy about not getting a big reward and start remembering it's not all about you.(well the payment is, though)

#18 Before February 2015

35005CP

jakery wrote:

I've never had any of the offers you quoted on gambit. Mine have been to just fill in boxes with URLS and you earn about 18-20 gems at a time. I've not downloaded a thing nor have i given away my personal details and as it stands i have 274 gems.

#19 Before February 2015

jakery

35005CP wrote:

I've never had any of the offers you quoted on gambit. Mine have been to just fill in boxes with URLS and you earn about 18-20 gems at a time. I've not downloaded a thing nor have i given away my personal details and as it stands i have 274 gems.

Perhaps the offers are based on region. (DirecTV, overpriced satellite TV service, is USA and Latin America only)

#20 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

"The Big Spender - For people who really want to support Everybody Edits."
- Chris Benjaminsen

Does that sound like a joke or a guy trying to earn money?

Last edited by Tako (Apr 6 2011 9:28:06 pm)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#21 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

kingjamstar wrote:

This. But I kinda agree with you. If 10 dollars gives us 6 smileys, then 50 should get us 30 smileys.

#22 Before February 2015

mrvalley

@jakery, for the ones that require an email address, you can just create a spam account and use it.   that way you still get the gems, but none of the spam.

Tako1423729443231989

Board footer