Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

jakery

Bring back guest accounts... with changes

I read that guest accounts are no longer allowed because they were abused: anonymous trolling and inflating the "players online" count. Fair enough...but I would never have given EE a try if I'd been forced to register first. If we want new players, we need to let people play without an account.

My solution is simple enough; guests are not allowed to edit, and guests don't contribute to the "players online" count.

#2 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Re: Bring back guest accounts... with changes

Agreed. Post this on the blog though because I think Chris checks that more often than forums...

#3 Before February 2015

EDJ

I'm pretty sure RPG reads these threads, I think he will brief it trough
I agree 1smile1

#4 Before February 2015

Calicara

NVM THIS POST! I AM NOT A TROLL O_O'

don't ask.

Last edited by Calicara (Apr 19 2011 12:29:14 pm)

#5 Before February 2015

lillsneppe

I couldn't agree more. This will just hurt EE's growth. I say, follow Jakery's advice.

#6 Before February 2015

EDJ

Failgirl101 wrote:

Ok, here's what I do with guests. I go on "failgirl" and go to one of those biased levels like, "ninja get code" I get the code, then leave. I logout, then log on as a guest, and troll the level. That way it doesn't look like I did it because I am just a guest. Then I also can't get kicked because guests cannot be kicked. I abuse the guest system to troll levels all the time, and that's one other flaw of guests. I can troll levels without people ever knowing who I am.I'll admit it for the sake of change //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Yes, but with Jakery's proposal guests won't be able to edit

#7 Before February 2015

treejoe4

Guests should have their own world away from the public where other guests can join and experiment.

#8 Before February 2015

Wezza

well, this game is called everybody edits, so letting guests not edit is kinda harsh -.-' but its good to prevent trollers, tho i think there has to be another way to prevent guests from trolling, like only let them use the kind of editting in open worlds (so not with GOD mode). and then an autoclicker pretender.

Last edited by wezza (Apr 19 2011 12:39:30 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Panic

But then you can have like 300+ people in one room. LAG.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#10 Before February 2015

Chimi

max 10 guests that don't contribute to player count, + 40 max registered players, plus remove the guest's code bar= ...win?

#11 Before February 2015

Bobithan

And guests can't be visible to anybody and they can't effect the keys/crowns.

aka towwl

#12 Before February 2015

jakebot

I say that guests have the ability to edit, but only one block at a time - they cant "drag edit" like in open worlds. Let there be a maximum number of guests in the room, but allow them to affect crowns and keys. All guests should have a temporary name, like in the halo 3 guest system where each name is like doc, porky or, swift or something like that. Since there are only ten guests allowed in a world you would only need ten different names. They would be unavailable for someone to choose as a username and would be assigned upon entry into a world.
Although i think that the "abuse" of guests to raise the player count allows previously unknown worlds to become known.

#13 Before February 2015

coolio

yes but then what if the guest does somehow at least try to troll and does it effect the level like with keys which you want to allow, then what if ppl mistake it for a true registered person? and + if that happenes and another guest comes and gets to use the same name and ppl hate him instead of the troll? I say make guest names only seeable when you press shift and give them a number and a special color like green (as in greenhorn)
OR give them a different smiley that only gests have to make them feel special while letting other players know about the guest.
and btw rooms can hold up to 45 ppl, not 40.

#14 Before February 2015

jakery

wezza wrote:

well, this game is called everybody edits, so letting guests not edit is kinda harsh -.-' but its good to prevent trollers, tho i think there has to be another way to prevent guests from trolling, like only let them use the kind of editting in open worlds (so not with GOD mode). and then an autoclicker pretender.

Well, the game may be called "Everybody Edits," but if you are an anonymous guest, you are literally nobody. Register to become somebody, and then you can edit with everybody else. Simple! [head explodes]

#15 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I <3 this idea.

#16 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

If you need guests to make your room popular it's probably trash.

Possibly the end to noob rooms?

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#17 Before February 2015

jakebot

Thats not true, I've used the guest technique before and I think i have a pretty good room.
Here, check it out: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWAFTc_fhua0I

#18 Before February 2015

Volker

Agreed

#19 Before February 2015

NikK

I hate pineapples. They are sharp and made me hurt WevBh.png

[off-topic]Agreed[/off-topic]

jakery 1423729934231498

Board footer