Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 Before February 2015

cheezpuffs

Re: Assisting

ive just thought of something!

this could be abusable as if the assistant gets the code, so does the assistantee! so troll count could increase if this was applied.

but good idea regardless //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#52 Before February 2015

Wezza

That isn't really abusing, thats just the own fault of the level owner.

#53 Before February 2015

Infinity7

I like it

#54 Before February 2015

Wezza

Thanks for your support =3

#55 Before February 2015

a3person
Website

If your idea gets added I'll be supporting plenty of people by assisting.

I'm in love with a dragon <3

forumsignature_by_a3person-db1n7ec.png

#56 Before February 2015

Wezza

That would be very polite of you (;

#57 Before February 2015

merlijn12

best idea i read today!! hope chris will do it!:D

#58 Before February 2015

iYam

You don't mind if I'll help you by designing this idea right?

oh and +1 for you guy.
one more +1. yeah, i know.

#59 Before February 2015

Wezza

Lol, I can only do like 5 and then I get bored and I rage quit (; Still thanks for you comment!

#60 Before February 2015

Phenomenon

You made this so people can help you, didn't you! =3 Nice idea 'lil bro.

#61 Before February 2015

Wezza

Shhh... Thanks tho (;

#62 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

IDEA 1: How about if the person assisting falls in the trap, or bullys by going backwards in a level? Why not when the player is done getting assisted, there would be a "Rewind Assist" button just in case?

IDEA 2: How about an "Assisting Zone" where people with code can make and the creator of the level gets to choose how many blocks and/or how long players can assist to prevent being lazy and get assisted through the whole level?

IDEA 3: How about a "Get Help" button where every other person gets a message "[Insert Username/Guest Number Here] wants help!

PS: What happens when they get a coin or crown while assisting/getting assited?:/

Everybody Edits is Fred

#63 Before February 2015

Wezza

Idea one; could be handy, thought this is about trust. If you think you can't trust someone who wants to assist you, you shouldn't accept the offer. Mostly there are people in the room that are kind of know, they wouldn't troll you by going backwards or something.

Idea two; This doesn't consider my idea of assisting players. You should put this up as an idea for your own //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Idea three; Yup, that probably will be added if this comes out. Else someone would just be left alone without getting any help.

The person who is assisting has completed the minigame already, so there would be no problem if the person who gets assisted gets the crown, since the assister can get it on his own again. For the coin read point one in the OP (:

#64 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Wezza wrote:

Idea one; could be handy, thought this is about trust. If you think you can't trust someone who wants to assist you, you shouldn't accept the offer. Mostly there are people in the room that are kind of know, they wouldn't troll you by going backwards or something.

Um, don't you know how many trolls play EE?

Wezza wrote:

Idea two; This doesn't consider my idea of assisting players. You should put this up as an idea for your own //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Huh? This sounds like an addition to it to me.

Wezza wrote:

Idea three; Yup, that probably will be added if this comes out. Else someone would just be left alone without getting any help.

(no comment)

Wezza wrote:

The person who is assisting has completed the minigame already, so there would be no problem if the person who gets assisted gets the crown, since the assister can get it on his own again. For the coin read point one in the OP (:

What's an OP?

Everybody Edits is Fred

#65 Before February 2015

Wezza

I've been playing this game longer than you think, so yes I actually do know how many trolls do play EE. The way I look at it? Linus21 was THE troll, before it became regular. You just got to learn to play with it, you can't get rid of them all, in any way.

This isn't an addition since my idea is for the whole level, not just a part of it.

OP's meaning is original post, so the first post in the topic, in this topic the idea itself.

#66 2021-03-25 17:38:00

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Let's bring this classic idea back to consideration for EE! More cross-player interactions might help the new game thrive a bit more. It's one of the oldest suggestion topics I can recall so it must be pretty memorable.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by: (2)

#67 2021-03-25 19:03:49

theoldinese

put the shovel down

#68 2021-03-25 20:30:47

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:

Let's bring this classic idea back to consideration for EE! More cross-player interactions might help the new game thrive a bit more. It's one of the oldest suggestion topics I can recall so it must be pretty memorable.

Thanks for bumping this! I doubt we'd ever have something with all the gimmicks described in the OP but the general concept of being able to assist your fellow player by taking control of their smiley is something that fits the game so well that I'm surprised it's not something more people are requesting. In addition to what it enables in terms of co-op play, I can also see this being used creatively in multiplayer worlds.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

mutantdevle1616700647789077

Board footer