Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Wezza

Assisting

Ever had a problem with getting stuck in a very hard mini? well this is solution (sound like an advertisement...).
Assisting. Click on the smiley that needs help will give you an option, which is "Assist this player". When this player accepts it by click on "Accept" in a little pop-up in the screen the smiley will be controlled by the one that assists. With this the one that assists can finish the mini for the player and click "Stop assisting" so the regular player can continue playing.
The level owner will be able to toggle on/off the ability to assist in his/her level.

If the player that needs help doesn't have chat it just does what they always do, stand in front of the mini with the //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile smiley.

- Get a magic coin while assisting the player?
Then they both get 50%, of the + energy is +1, then it will go to the one that is assisting.

- Abusing/Trolling the assisting button?
You actually can't, there will only pop-up 1 little screen and not a bunch of them.

- Isn't this screen annoying?
Well, If you fast annoyed, yes, but if you're just a normal person, no. The pop-up dissapears after 5 seconds, so it wont be in your way.

- What if they keep clicking on me?
You can click "Ignore this person" and all the assising from this person won't be shown.

- What if I get the regular/fire wizard?
Then it will go to the one assisting, since he is doing the mini, he deserves it. If this players already has it, then the normal player will get it instead.

- What happends to my smiley while assisting?
Your smiley will go in a AFK trance, you can't be harmed while you assist. So if someone puts <<< arrows on you, you wont more. You will have a little glow arround you, less then GOD mode, but people will be able to see it.

- Can the normal player click the: Stop Assisting button when the one assisting doesn't give the account back?
Yes, This is probably the most common way to stop the assisting, next to the one assisting ofc.

- So your basically invincible when someone is assisting?
No, the player that is assisting will get the AFK glow and cannot move at all. The player that is getting assisted will have his/her name + the name of the assistant beneath the smiley, so trolling as exaclty the same as now.

Thanks for reading,
Comment and suggest please (:

Last edited by Wezza (Jun 15 2011 8:47:04 am)

Wooted by:

#2 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

Re: Assisting

That is really nice //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile I like it,but what when a player can't complete a mini,someone "assists" And he doesn't give it back to them??? Can the normal player click the: Stop Assisting button?

#3 Before February 2015

Wezza

Knew i forgot something, thanks for reminding me.
Putted it on the list.

#4 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

Hehe! Glad i could help ! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile + rep for the nice idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#5 Before February 2015

Wezza

thanks for the rep, always good some help (:

#6 Before February 2015

cheezpuffs

isnt that sorta like a player teleport?

also, +rep for the idea, its good! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#7 Before February 2015

AnonymousZC

I thought of it more of; only a player next to them can assist and the player being assisted would simply follow the assisting player rather than be controlled. Kind of like a 'team' or 'party' style.

#8 Before February 2015

Wezza

Cheezpuffs - Well, you don't actually teleport the person, you just help him/her out with a problem. This took my one night to think about and like 10min to write (:

AnonymousZC - this would be a mess when alot of people need assistence

thanks for your comments (:

#9 Before February 2015

ARN64

I love it, but to activate assisting u can right click on other players and "ask for assist" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#10 Before February 2015

Wezza

thats exactly what i ment

#11 Before February 2015

electriceel

I have an idea. When someone is assisting someone, on the minimap, it would show a little balloon that says "Assisting..." so people know that one another is assisting one another, so they dont send a request to the person whos already assisting. And if they try a popup will say "This person is already assisting! Try again later."

#12 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

what if you assist someone through the hole level? like from mini 1, to mini 99 kinda thing?

#13 Before February 2015

supadorf24

Kaosslasher wrote:

what if you assist someone through the hole level? like from mini 1, to mini 99 kinda thing?

That would be one generous person.

#14 Before February 2015

Wezza

electriceel wrote:

I have an idea. When someone is assisting someone, on the minimap, it would show a little balloon that says "Assisting..." so people know that one another is assisting one another, so they dont send a request to the person whos already assisting. And if they try a popup will say "This person is already assisting! Try again later."

this is why i added the afk/assisting glow.

Kaosslasher wrote:

What if you assist someone through the hole level? like from mini 1, to mini 99 kinda thing?

If the assistant and the player want this, they may.

#15 Before February 2015

Cyclopsicle

So your basically invincible when someone is assisting? Good tool for trolls //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#16 Before February 2015

Wezza

Cyclopsicle wrote:

So your basically invincible when someone is assisting? Good tool for trolls //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Nop, the player that is assisting will get the AFK glow and cannot move at all. The player that is getting assisted will have his/her name + the name of the assistant beneath the smiley, so trolling as exaclty the same as now.

Last edited by wezza (May 9 2011 7:12:27 am)

#17 Before February 2015

flash man

nice //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#18 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

This is a pretty nice idea, but the only problem with it that it would be too easy for newbies to complete a very hard level.

#19 Before February 2015

Wezza

thats exaclty what its made for, to ask for help. people can choose themselves to help the "newbies" or not. you could put a sign in your level saying "no assisting allowed". when you see someone with the afk glow, you can kick him/her or warn in chat.

#20 Before February 2015

Wezza

bum----

#21 Before February 2015

coolio

^ more like gravedig...
but this is a good idea, i hate those levels where they have the most hardest mini and a 100% possible sign above it when it's rly not.

#22 Before February 2015

Muffin

Gods need to be able to stop this, think like shift boss. You can abuse it by staying in one spot and skipping the levels. How about a no assists mode on a level and a god can just click on the player to make them stop assisting otherwise?

#23 Before February 2015

Everybodyediter

wezza wrote:

thats exaclty what its made for, to ask for help. people can choose themselves to help the "newbies" or not. you could put a sign in your level saying "no assisting allowed". when you see someone with the afk glow, you can kick him/her or warn in chat.

How about letting the level creator have the choice whether they will let players assist or not? Even better, how about when someone wants to assist another person, the level creator will be notified of it and will click a button saying "Allow" if he wants to let him/her assist?

Another suggestion: How about a "no assisting" zone? People in it cannot be assisted, but can still assist others.

#24 Before February 2015

Wezza

coolio wrote:

^ more like gravedig...
but this is a good idea, i hate those levels where they have the most hardest mini and a 100% possible sign above it when it's rly not.

well, no -.- ,its not a gravedig.

Muffin and Everybodyediter, good additions, but I'm not adding it to the first post, cause I think it would change the assisting to much. Cause then there is a change that there is no assisting in a level when you do want it.

#25 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

Yea,this needs to be added,i would loooove to help people that aren't good at hookjumps,for example,i can do like 30 in a row //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

mutantdevle1616700647789077

Board footer