Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

ilovewizardsmiley

Text Blocks

I saw texts in some worlds and in tutorials. Why MrShoe or any administrator or moderator doesn't create text blocks that display text without hacking? Also it could be better if we can customize the text.

If Everybody Edits has that type of bricks it will be easier to create messages in the worlds.

#2 Before February 2015

Kentiya
Website

Re: Text Blocks

It is not a hack, text is already in game but it is for moderators only. Text in a non-mod's world is there because a mod came to that world and placed it.

kentiya-cartoony-120.png
Kentiya / Atikyne — EE & EEU lead artist 2018-2020

#3 Before February 2015

ilovewizardsmiley

And why text blocks aren't for everybody? If you know, answer.

#4 Before February 2015

Kentiya
Website

Because, as Chris has said, many people would abuse it and write rude things everywhere.

kentiya-cartoony-120.png
Kentiya / Atikyne — EE & EEU lead artist 2018-2020

#5 Before February 2015

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

I think need make text available only in your saved worlds. Then there will be much less rude things in worlds.
Because who wants to ruin its own world?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#6 Before February 2015

ilovewizardsmiley

Yes. But any moderator can create a system to avoid that one player writes rude things. If a player writes rude things, they are replaced to word "censored".

#7 Before February 2015

Jan12345

ilovewizardsmiley wrote:

Yes. But any moderator can create a system to avoid that one player writes rude things. If a player writes rude things, they are replaced to word "censored".

Why don't they create that in the chat first then?
They can't.

It's just too easy to avoid it, and it will always be.

#8 Before February 2015

ilovewizardsmiley

But the mods can create a list of rude things that will be censored. If someone writes any of those words, the world is replaced to word "censored".

#9 Before February 2015

rocktheworld313

You must have noticed people doubling vowels or adding random slashes in between words to cheat the filter. Mods can't ban every single variation of the word, otherwise we'll end up with "screwdriver" censored.

#10 Before February 2015

capasha

It's easy to go around it. Try the text, which is free in blocking blocks. Add first fu then you add ck, and you have a bad word.

#11 Before February 2015

ilovewizardsmiley

Only rude things and swearwords (not double vowels) are replaced to word "censored".

The following things mustn't be replaced to word "censored":
oo
aa
ee

#12 Before February 2015

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

In game Battlefield Play 4 Free is VERY good filter system in chat.
for example QWERTY is bad word(really it's not, just don't want to type bad words //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile ). First i will type how I'm typing it in chat and after sign "=" ill write how players see ready message (* = censored) :
qwerty = *****
QWERTY = *****
qw erty = *****
qw.er.ty = *****
q                          weeeeeeeeeeeeer               t        yyyyyyyyy = *****
and many, many other variants.
What about to make so good filter system in EE, like in BF Play 4 Free?

Also we can make "Report abuse" button. Player takes screenshot, presses button, puts a   link to image and clicks report. Message will be automatically sent to MrShoe/MrVoid. The punishment is some time without text block.

P.S: sorry for bad english if i did some mistakes in grammar.

i8SwC8p.png

#13 Before February 2015

some woman

maxi123 wrote:

In game Battlefield Play 4 Free is VERY good filter system in chat.
for example QWERTY is bad word(really it's not, just don't want to type bad words //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile ). First i will type how I'm typing it in chat and after sign "=" ill write how players see ready message (* = censored) :
qwerty = *****
QWERTY = *****
qw erty = *****
qw.er.ty = *****
q                          weeeeeeeeeeeeer               t        yyyyyyyyy = *****
and many, many other variants.
What about to make so good filter system in EE, like in BF Play 4 Free?

Also we can make "Report abuse" button. Player takes screenshot, presses button, puts a   link to image and clicks report. Message will be automatically sent to MrShoe/MrVoid. The punishment is some time without text block.

P.S: sorry for bad english if i did some mistakes in grammar.

Or just use the censoring system we have now. Nubs will probably spam the "Report Abuse" button, and censoring every possible variation of swear words will make this a preschool game.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#14 Before February 2015

ilovewizardsmiley

OK, we suggest the use of the text blocks with your system or the censoring system.

I am not going to make this type of systems or bots. It is only a suggestion.

#15 Before February 2015

SeymourG

I haz an idea. It's a variant of the censoring system that no one can really think about. There should be a report button. When you press said button, you then click on however many text blocks then press the button again. Those words, along with info on who placed them and if they've already been reported, are sent in a group to a very compact page that moderators can view. Then they view each group and see which ones are inappropriate. Then they'll punish whoever placed them, based on the severity of the words and how many they placed in the past... week? Common sense must be used for the punishments. Yay for good moderators! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#16 Before February 2015

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

some man wrote:

...Nubs will probably spam the "Report Abuse" button...

What about punishment for fake report too?
And one more idea : make report button aviable only for players with magic class 6+.

Last edited by maxi123 (Mar 15 2013 8:10:07 am)

i8SwC8p.png

#17 Before February 2015

ilovewizardsmiley

Good idea.:D

#18 Before February 2015

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

From begin of this topic this suggestion has changed alot, so what will be final suggestion? And how MrShoe or MrVoid will know about our idea?

Last edited by maxi123 (Mar 16 2013 8:57:22 am)

i8SwC8p.png

#19 Before February 2015

ilovewizardsmiley

We don't know.

#20 Before February 2015

222hockey222

rocktheworld313 wrote:

You must have noticed people doubling vowels or adding random slashes in between words to cheat the filter. Mods can't ban every single variation of the word, otherwise we'll end up with "screwdriver" censored.

1. Screwdriver is already censored.

2. Text blocks has been suggested many, many times.

#21 Before February 2015

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

222hockey222 wrote:

2. Text blocks has been suggested many, many times.

Our suggestion is ever better than all others. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

i8SwC8p.png

#22 Before February 2015

ilovewizardsmiley

But someone can create a bot that censores all rude things, even with any slash, it isn't.

#23 Before February 2015

Redhat

then we will give up on having worlds with incredible stories because of half a dozen useless that write bad things?

I want text-bricks for everyone, add a report button and f**k that s**t, ALL worlds will be awesome with this.

LEVfOrl.png

#24 Before February 2015

SeymourG

Heh I agree with Redhat, and I like how I'm not the only person who censors curse words with an asterik. F*ck yeah.

#25 Before February 2015

Kangxp

Actually, I don't think you need to block censored worlds at all. I mean like, can't you just click the 'Go To Lobby' button and go play another world??? Some storylines need censored words as well like:

Random person wrote:

Fu*k You!

Last edited by Kangxp (Mar 19 2013 2:25:47 am)

derp
go watch mlp
everyone will be proud of u
just search "mlp sweep"

ilovewizardsmiley 1423742753218679

Board footer