Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

progirl

help me wit portals

ive tryd RPGMASTER's tourtial i did every step but it wont work! help... EOpYT.png WevBh.png

#2 Before February 2015

Re: help me wit portals

Only betas can have it EOpYT.png

#3 Before February 2015

Panic

0176 wrote:

Only betas can have it EOpYT.png

Correction: Everyone can have it. Only Beta players can buy it.
You require at least two portals for them to work. Chris through it would be fun to tease non-Beta players by giving everyone one portal to start out with. You can't do anything with it. It's just there.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#4 Before February 2015

progirl

thats the thing, i AM BETA and i have 2 portals!!!!

#5 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Panic wrote:

Chris through it would be fun to tease non-Beta players by giving everyone one portal to start out with. You can't do anything with it. It's just there.

Actually, that's a misconception that's going around these days. He wanted to tease betas only. Giving the regulars portals was unintentional and will be fixed as soon as he can.

#6 Before February 2015

Chimi

Nuuuu! I like my one, lonely portal.

#7 Before February 2015

progirl

RPGMaster2000 wrote:
Panic wrote:

Chris through it would be fun to tease non-Beta players by giving everyone one portal to start out with. You can't do anything with it. It's just there.

Actually, that's a misconception that's going around these days. He wanted to tease betas only. Giving the regulars portals was unintentional and will be fixed as soon as he can.

......i dunt like chris nu more....(JK!) 1xp1

still no help.

#8 Before February 2015

Shift

Okay, to connect one portal to another, do this:
1. Click on the portal icon, and set the ID to 1.
2. Then, set the ID of the target portal to 2.
3. Place this portal anywhere.
4. Next, click on the portal icon again, and set the portal ID to 2.
5. Set the ID of the target portal to 1.
6. Place the portal anywhere, preferably several spaces away from the last portal.
7. Move through one portal. If you wound up at the other portal, good job! If you didn't, try again.

NOTE: this will connect both portals to the other, so you can use either one to get to the other. If you want it to be a one way portal, then you should set the ID of the target portal on the second portal to anything except for 1.

Last edited by shift (May 8 2011 11:54:15 am)

#9 Before February 2015

progirl

shift wrote:

6. Place the portal anywhere, preferably several spaces away from the last portal.
7. Move through one portal. If you wound up at the other portal, good job! If you didn't, try again.

NOTE: this will connect both portals to the other, so you can use either one to get to the other. If you want it to be a one way portal, then you should set the ID of the target portal on the second portal to anything except for 1.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! IT FIANLLY WORKS NOW!!!! +Rep for you! Yn8I7.png

#10 Before February 2015

IC-1101_98

I thought Chris really wanted to tease non-betas and so but it wasn't true? Thanks for telling me that RPGMaster2000. I would like to get beta but it just wont WORK!:(

Last edited by IC-1101_98 (May 12 2011 9:47:21 am)

#11 Before February 2015

Betaguy

progirl wrote:
shift wrote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! IT FIANLLY WORKS NOW!!!! +Rep for you! Yn8I7.png

Thats the same RPGMaster2000's tortual said...

#12 Before February 2015

Gaganvir

This portal stuff for beta is making me sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile because I dont have beta and I cant get it

#13 Before February 2015

Betaguy

Gaganvir wrote:

This portal stuff for beta is making me sad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile because I dont have beta and I cant get it

It will be made for non-betas aswell... u just have to w8 :/

#14 Before February 2015

Gaganvir

I did not know that, thanks

Edit: When though?

Last edited by Gaganvir (May 17 2011 3:16:37 pm)

progirl 1423747053214379

Board footer