Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

henkster

The questions of the noob

Im a big NOOB on the forum so i'm wanting to ask some questions:

1: Where do you upload a profile picture?
2: Where can you make that text under your message?
3: I know forumers HATE unoriginal minigames and stairs. What are some do's and don't in your levels?
4:   What BBC codes do you have acces to?

I would be very grateful if you're able to answer my questions!

From the Noob //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by henkster (May 23 2011 9:13:01 am)

#2 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

Re: The questions of the noob

Hello, And welcome to the Forums //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

1 & 2)Up on the Top of the Page you should see "Profile"; Click that Link and then on left Side-Bar you should see another Link labeled "Personallity". That should take you to the page where you can change your Avatar & Signature (A.K.A "that text under your message").

If you have an Image on your Computer that you would like to use as an Avatar, Upload it using an Image-Hosting site such as http://imageshack.us/

3) Very simple; Stairs, Hook-Jumps are really big No-Nos. Be creative with your minigames! You don't have to make them Boxed-In minis, Try and think outside of the box, "What would be fun for people to play?" Let your imagination be the Limit.

4)Alot.XD Colors, Links, Images, ECT. Most of them are listed at the top Menu when you are posting a New comment.

Last edited by EE_Scythe (May 23 2011 9:57:38 am)

#3 Before February 2015

henkster

3) Very simple; Stairs, Hook-Jumps are really big No-Nos. Be creative with your minigames! You don't have to make them Boxed-In minis, Try and think outside of the box, "What would be fun for people to play?" Let your imagination be the Limit.

So, elevators are legal? Btw thanks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#4 Before February 2015

Panic

henkster wrote:

So, elevators are legal? Btw thanks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Obviously they're legal, but the overused regular linear elevator is highly frowned upon. Try to put your own twist on things and such. I suggest you read some of this thread, although it might be a little long. There's also this pointless page on the wiki, which is a somewhat simplified version of the thread. Most of the stuff on here is stuff that's pretty overused as well.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#5 Before February 2015

henkster

That's great, since I love original elevators! And that's indeed a long list... YOU'VE JUST GOT TO HATE HOOKJUMP! (or E Jump as its called in your link)

Btw i've got another question: there are some thing in front of some topic's (like a triangle, a cirle with a line, and so on). What do they all mean?

Last edited by henkster (May 23 2011 1:22:39 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

Panic

A triangle means the thread is stickied, meaning that it will stay at the top of the list.
A circle with a line means the thread is locked, so no one else can post in it.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#7 Before February 2015

henkster

and that v in front of a topic???

#8 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

the checkmark? that means someone posted since last time you visited.

#9 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

For 3 is you want to know what not to do head to this topic and look through the posts to find what people hate. Yn8I7.png

#10 Before February 2015

BunnySMG

Everyone gets down on hookjumps, but IMO they're way less annoying that either tight fits (a jump that you have to fit perfectly through a 1 blocks space to make) or highjumps (a four brick tall wall with an arrow on the ground next to it).

henkster 1423747160214272

Board footer