Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Re: Tips on creating a consistent and dedicated crew.

^ LOL OMG SAME! It took forever for MX crew to get past the "hey lets make a level" with no thought involved.
I even made a "Mx crew recruiting level" once a LOOOOONG time ago..
If you want my advice? Don't MAKE a crew, JOIN one..its too much work if your crew hapens to sucseed.

#27 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

If you want an epic crew, use MX as a model. Or EX. But MX is just as awesome.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#28 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

I would've joined a crew but all of the topics sounded like five year-olds wrote them. What happened to grammar, people?
So I made a crew. I've gotten, like, 7 people but none of them pay attention to the topic after they submit their forms, and the most recent three haven't gotten back to me so far. Anyway, this is good advice that should be followed by us all. I, for one, am annoyed by those two-letter crews (in spite of mine being one)

However my letters do stand for something.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#29 Before February 2015

Krinkles

smileyex wrote:

So I realized that there is a surge in popularity of making crews all of a sudden. EX crew was the first crew to work to create maps with collaborative effort together, but do you ever wonder how a crew worked so well together to create such great maps of skill and art combined to the next level?

The key isn't fancy programs. Keep in mind, there were a lot of good maps made by EX Crew members in the past without those fancy programs. For example, the first Tower of Babel and Mount of Vesuvius, great maps, better standards than typical mini-games and almost as good as enhanced with programs maps. What I'm saying, with dedication, you too can make great maps just like EX Crew.

1. Have dedicated members that you respect and have worked/played with in the past.
It's no use going around randomly 'recruiting' randoms. You have never ever worked with them, you would never ever respect them. I was reading the l337 crew post, people arguing about the leader not remembering the members. Otherwise you will have a crew consisting of trolls that are prone to ruining your map.

EDIT: It's not good posting open invitations to your groups. Any loser can join and ruin your maps. If you are looking for members, you should start seeking group members with qualities you are looking for.

2. Dedication and consistency is the key.
Stay stuck you your plans and put your best effort into it. EX Crew has planned their maps carefully and made sure that they were able to finish quality maps. You have to have fun making maps to make good maps, so spend your time.

3. Practice makes perfect.
Everyone starts from the bottom, be persistent over time and you will be rewarded in the future, otherwise you are just rushing things too fast. Practicing over time will perfect your map making skills.

4. Popularity is not an issue.
Your main goal is to make maps, not to get as many players and be on top. These games are becoming too generic. Put out your best out there, not the easiest maps for noobs. You realize that EX Crew maps weren't intended for the mainstream noob players, but they were just put out for fun but somehow got popular. Everyone seems to be making crews to emulate the popularity of EX Crew, but keep in mind, their ways never intended popularity.

5. Make new challenges and rooms. Originality is the key
Hook jumps? Block to block leap frog jumps? Can you be more original? Experiment a bit with some blocks, and create your challenges. It takes time, but people love to take on new challenges. Originality will make you stand out of the crowd.

6. Respect and take good leadership in your crew members.
MFL, a fantastic leader for EX Crew has given much love to his loyal members. Members that are happy to work with you will happily collaborate to your map. You may have a close connection with your crew members and be great friends. This will lead you to a much more mutual collaboration, much better and you can all work greatly in unison.

Please, don't let the "CREW" moniker be over rated just like "MINIGAMES" and   "BOSSES" Crews are meant to be working together to put out great maps.

Also remember, It's all about making a reputation, never ever a short term popularity.
Check out http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=281 on tips on how to make a great map.

Thanks and I hope your crew will have luck and exceed EX Crew standards one day.

Oh i made a crew and nobody joined ......so thats why

#30 Before February 2015

hiddensoul

i need a crew i'm good at building and getting ideas   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile :rolleyes: //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool used to be a member of lx crew and mx crew!

#31 Before February 2015

waflz

All the fake crews are really dumb. For example, on Kongregate, I saw someone asking people if they wanted to be part of the aa crew. One of the responses was: aacrew owner:do u wanna join aa crew? person2:ya! aacrew owner:ok.         person2: YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! WWWWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! OH YA!!! (and btw the owner of aa crew is my friend) Nice crew you got there.

#32 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

krinkles, don't quote a long post. That is common sense, and this is a warning.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#33 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

I think this should be Sticky-Stickied dT1bN.png

#34 Before February 2015

buttmunch82

AWESOME ADVICE:D

#35 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

I don't like how you compare everything to the EX Crew. They're good, but we don't want to be EXACTLY like them. The whole point of crews is to be original by how you treat your crew.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#36 Before February 2015

the great 1

Cyclone wrote:

I don't intend on joining any crew, but this is a very good idea smileyex, thank you for your contribution.

hi.:D

#37 Before February 2015

the great 1

TakoMan02 wrote:

I don't like how you compare everything to the EX Crew. They're good, but we don't want to be EXACTLY like them. The whole point of crews is to be original by how you treat your crew.

think again!!nice try but everyone knows that the great 1{i} killed chuch norris.!!.

#38 Before February 2015

DaAngeRage

I would like to form a group called the AS Crew,more info comming soon!

P.S.
Here are the people I really need,I'll be nice!

CONGRATULATIONS to the following people!

TakoMan02                          5th...                                         //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Gamer1120                          4th                                         :/
Different55                           3rd!                                   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
Nou                                          1st!!!                 https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL
BEE                                          2nd!!                          //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
TheFirstGamer                  2nd!!                          //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
BetaGuy                                3rd!                                   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
BossKing                                4th                                       :/
& Brawler700                    5th...                                          //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

If you kind people would help me get some helpers:1st gets 25 +rep,2nd 10 +rep,and 3rd 5 +rep.
Peace!

Last edited by DaAngeRage (Jun 6 2011 3:15:54 pm)

#39 Before February 2015

PurpleCheesyCat

i was planning on just having a partner, but i might have talent tryouts cuz i figured that u wouldnt end up with a team of spamming trolls if u check their background and maps and make sure their not lying. i already have a partner,, Oatmeal but we might discontinue //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

but on the bright side, i still got manny and nick who introduced me to EE. i could email them if something goes wrong with my current crew/partner/ group/ team/ unknown //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by PurpleCheesyCat (Jun 26 2011 1:31:34 pm)

#40 Before February 2015

smileyex

LOL, it's been quite a while since i've posted on these forums.

It's good to see EX Crew, the first crew on EE 1 year old already!
It's great to see that EX Crew has inspired many groups to spawn.

Happy anniversary EX CREW!

And I hope all the other crews that are contributing to EE also do well in the future, as you keep making maps for us to play!

#41 Before February 2015

stevenfox74

im not joining any crews but i <3 it! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
+REP

#42 Before February 2015

dominator3000

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral:):D:O;):/:P:lol::mad::rolleyes::cool:

#43 Before February 2015

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

This whole topic is spam city.   Spamtropolis.   Gothspam.   Et cetera.

Anyway, nice, well thought out topic.   Would +rep, but you only have six posts.   I doubt you would care/

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#44 Before February 2015

Rurigok

dominator3000, that's a warning for spam.

#45 Before February 2015

BeetlesUniverse

I'm just starting to make a crew..... Where is that fourm at? i can't find it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#46 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Hey, guys. This isn't the topic to post your crew listings, go to EDJ's Central Recruitment topic and post it there. Actually, you should pretty much avoid posting on this topic at all. It's not helping anything, and this topic is about two weeks away from being a year old. You're really not contributing by saying stuff to a user that's been dead for quite some time (not literally, but forum-wise).

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#47 Before February 2015

Bobyy

I have a tip, always be active with your crew and be active while the crew is making worlds by helping them and giving them a break once in awhile.

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

#48 Before February 2015

cooldude49

well.. HOW DO YOU JOIN GROUPS anyway
?

#49 Before February 2015

cooldude49

my name on ee is pat

#50 Before February 2015

_narutox3_

Watch the double post, you don't want to get a warning do you? <- why am I do a mods job? lol

Last edited by _narutox3_ (Aug 29 2011 1:40:18 pm)

daneeko1425226454478167

Board footer