Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Nightforge

Stuck due to ^

100920stuck2.th.png

At the moment, I'm stuck until I leave the level I'm in (or a mod saves me) because the ^ I'm on is just strong enough not to let me go to either side as I fall back onto it.

This makes me sad.

#2 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Re: Stuck due to ^

Moved to general discussion.

#3 Before February 2015

Nightforge

If you don't mind me asking, why was it moved here?

Edit: Nvm, rereading my original post, I failed to make it clear that normally this isn't the case. Usually there's enough variance when bobbing up and down in such a situation to let me free. Only twice this week have I gotten stuck like this, and in such situations the "give" that the gravity block usually has, for whatever reason, doesn't manifest.

Last edited by Nightforge (Sep 20 2010 5:44:59 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

Rurigok

It was moved since this a design flaw when players are creating a level; it is not a bug in the code or anything of that nature.

Like, if I were to get stuck in a hole in the ground (that has 4 block high walls), it's not a bug.

#5 Before February 2015

Nightforge

Did you catch my edit? Normally this doesn't happen. In fact, testing it in a level of my own I've yet to get it to happen again. I was even able to escape out the top of the setup, not just the bottom.

The equivalent in your example would be having a four-deep pit with a · gravity on top, and suddenly the · gravity stopped working for you until you left the level.

#6 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

Nightforge wrote:

Normally this doesn't happen.

Normally, no. But I've had many, many occurrences of it, nonetheless. It still happens, had it today and yesterday, for example. Basically, if you slowly slide into one of these from the south, you're doomed. Pretty painful when you've nearly finished a difficult room.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#7 Before February 2015

Nou

It's just bad level design. Considering the E-/hookjumps I see in the screenshot, I'm not surprised.

No u.

#8 Before February 2015

Nightforge

So... what part of "Normally this doesn't happen" means this is bad level design and not a bug report?

#9 Before February 2015

Nou

"Normally" you'd have enough speed to go through the hole in 1 go. But if you mess up or lag or something you could end up on the 1 arrow pushing you up, but doesn't have enough power to push you up 1 block completely but enough to not let you fall down.
The creator of the level did not take into account that this might happen and did not leave room to get out --> bad level design

No u.

#10 Before February 2015

Cedantes

Yeah ive been caught out by this many times.
I get far into a minigame level and then this stops my progress. Which causes me to quit, then not be bothered to do it all again.
Yes its bad level design and i do hope creators do think about this in future.

#11 Before February 2015

Flare

Try alternating between the up and down arrow keys or the W and S keys, then when your smiley gets high enough, hit left or right/A or D.

Nightforge 1423855270106162

Board footer