Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

EEDD Network to Pro

Caution, difficulty is moderately hard, with some new challenges.

Layout, is pretty shabby, but I am not artist at Everybody edits

It is not fully complete yet, but I am working on it.

EEDD Network to Pro

#2 Before February 2015

mustang

Re: EEDD Network to Pro

I played this map a bit ago, and I wanted to enjoy it but ultimately I did not. The problem is the challenges suffer from being made "hard" by using cheap and tedious design choices which makes it feel like a chore to beat instead of a fun challenge. Now not all the rooms were like that, there were some I did feel were creative and enjoyable, but there were just too many rooms that took the wrong path to be hard and it showed.

To elaborate, some gravity arrow based rooms suffered from lag dependency making it difficult to near impossible to beat if you have lag. My advice is to always give leeway on those rooms to ensure everyone has a similar experience and not make them ultra-precise.

Another problem was the occasional overuse of edge jumps, which are inconsistent due to the "rounded edges" of blocks. My advice is to limit their usage to situations where repeating them won't feel as tedious, and instead of having two edge jumps maybe shorten one of them to allow the player to jump earlier.

Anyway, don't make a map hard just for the sake of it by using cheap design choices. It's easy to make a hard map, but it's difficult to make a fun hard map. Always have multiple people test your challenges too and also test your rooms many many times, that will help you assess which rooms are lag dependent and which are cheap even if you didn't notice at first.

Rule of thumb: if you can learn it and repeat it easily after awhile, then that's the good hard. If the you can't learn the room and it still takes countless tries to beat, then that's the bad hard since that means it's either cheap or lag dependent.

#3 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Tonight, I haven't suffered from much lag, but what rooms did you not like?

thanks for a quick reply!

Room 3,4,13,14 updated today, Should be something newish //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Doctor_downes (Nov 7 2010 8:21:35 am)

#4 Before February 2015

Smiley

Lol i was in the last lvl and i kinda liked this map , expect some lvl's . Well i hope you guy's improve everytime //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile . Cya

Codfoshie1423776053185379

Board footer