Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

HappyKat

Why do you woot?

Ok so just for the lulz, and to "attempt" to prove a point I will be conducting my own survey on woots.

Please answer honestly, and thoughtfully as this data is part of my experiment.

Hypothesis: The woots system is an unfair and corrupt way to judge how good or bad a level really is. Most users do not woot because they enjoy the level, but rather because they feel pressured to woot because they won a level.

Link to survey: http://obsurvey.com/S2.aspx?id=ca6d9d6e … 5d57234333

If I could could about 100 participants I'd be happy that.

I will posts results after first 50 people take the survey.

EDIT

Here are the results!!!

http://obsurvey.com/r.aspx?id=CA6D9D6E- … 5D57234333

So what does all this mean?

Out of 55 users:

72.7% of Users have said they they only use the woots for their intended purpose, which was because they enjoyed the level

27.3 % of users have said that they use woots for "other" reasons (details can be found in report)

Out of 54 users:

22.2% of users believe that the wooting system IS a fair way to judge levels

77.8% of users believe that the wooting system is NOT a fair way to judge levels

Out of 54 users:

51.9% believe that users SHOULD have the ability to downwoot

48.1% believe that users should NOT have the ability to downwoot
---

So forumers answer me this: If the majority of users who took this survey woot because they enjoy a level, then why do you think it is an unfair system of voting?

I honestly thought more people would say "because I won" which would have made sense, but if people are using it properly then why is it bad? I was quite surprised when I saw this myself. Perhaps I no longer know the definition of a good level? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by HappyKat (Jan 26 2013 5:08:41 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Processor

Re: Why do you woot?

Whenever I join a world. I probably never join more than 5 worlds a day...

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#3 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

I took the survey. I dont think people should woot down a world.

#4 Before February 2015

Urban

AL3XTH3M3NTALON3 wrote:

I took the survey. I dont think people should woot down a world.

Same here.

#5 Before February 2015

Boywhoflies

I took it.

#6 Before February 2015

Bimps

I did it, a synopsis of woots. Pretty good.

#7 Before February 2015

Arceus64

I woot if I like the level, or if the level is one of my friends' or their friends'.

#8 Before February 2015

Saintcool

Never woot levels, can't answer your survey, sorry.

Last edited by Saintcool (Jan 25 2013 4:33:04 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

I only woot a level if I enjoyed it and if I beat it, meaning reaching win brick.   If the level asks me to woot, I usually don't.   If win brick is near spawn, I go to where the level ends, though I often don't woot these levels.   I've learned not to woot a level until I win, because I might be in a fun part, but then I might come to a very poorly designed part, sometimes involving a trap where you can't escape.

#10 Before February 2015

HappyKat

Thanks for the feedback guys! (Although Obsurvey isn't really liking me, I can't seem to view more than two results ;/)

@Saintcool: That's ok I understand.

@Azurepudding: Very true, but what if you hit the win brick as soon as you enter the level? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

EDIT: Obsurvey is now working. I am actually quite surprised with the results. It must because all the forumers are more mature than the other players? That's what I seem to be getting. I wish I could expand to a larger frame of players though....

Last edited by HappyKat (Jan 25 2013 11:31:51 pm)

#11 Before February 2015

Koto

I usually woot to boost a map in the lobby.

#12 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

HappyKat wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys! (Although Obsurvey isn't really liking me, I can't seem to view more than two results ;/)

@Saintcool: That's ok I understand.

@Azurepudding: Very true, but what if you hit the win brick as soon as you enter the level? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

EDIT: Obsurvey is now working. I am actually quite surprised with the results. It must because all the forumers are more mature than the other players? That's what I seem to be getting. I wish I could expand to a larger frame of players though....

I said I continue to the end instead, but often don't woot it.   usually these levels aren't well-designed and I find that p lacing win trophies at spawn takes advantage of newsbies' ignorance of what woots are.   They don't know what they are so they just hit the button with a big star on it.

And you might want to try Kongregate.

#13 Before February 2015

iPwner
Website

I always woot on accident. When I have code, when I'm trying to press "more" I often accidentally click "woot" and give out one of my woots. Maybe you should add that up there, Failgirl. ;P

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#14 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

ipwner wrote:

I always woot on accident. When I have code, when I'm trying to press "more" I often accidentally click "woot" and give out one of my woots. Maybe you should add that up there, Failgirl. ;P

Oh yeah, happened to me once.   It would help if it would bring up a small menu and ask are you sure, maybe. Or maybe move the woot button on the left side of the edit bar.

#15 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

tomkazaz wrote:

I don't believe that people should have the ability to "woot down".
If someone didn't like a world he can just NOT woot, or quit playing that world.
The woot system is fair and if someone doesn't like it, he can arrange the lobby list differently.

The way it is now, if you like a world, you can give it a positive rating.   However, if you thought the level was okay, or hated it, your neutral/negative opinion of the level counts as neutral.   And instead, time withers woots down, which I don't think is a good system, as time doesn't make a level worse.

#16 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

tomkazaz wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

The way it is now, if you like a world, you can give it a positive rating.   However, if you thought the level was okay, or hated it, your neutral/negative opinion of the level counts as neutral.   And instead, time withers woots down, which I don't think is a good system, as time doesn't make a level worse.

I agree with that, but that's why we have "total woots".
Plus, if a player really didn't like a level so he shouldn't be there at all !
I mean if you hate that level why are you here ? (not you specificly).

You can't tell a level is bad if you don't play it.   You have to play it first.   TotalWoots don't mean much as people can jsut come in and woot again and again.   It doesn't tell you how many people have liked your level.   It also decays sometimes, which is a glitch that should be fixed.

#17 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

AzurePudding wrote:
tomkazaz wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

I agree with that, but that's why we have "total woots".
Plus, if a player really didn't like a level so he shouldn't be there at all !
I mean if you hate that level why are you here ? (not you specificly).

You can't tell a level is bad if you don't play it.   You have to play it first.   TotalWoots don't mean much as people can jsut come in and woot again and again.   It doesn't tell you how many people have liked your level.   It also decays sometimes, which is a glitch that should be fixed.

FACT: World with a lot of plays and woot attracts newbies. You have 100k plays, you have newbies, tons of them.

#18 Before February 2015

Bimps

Could you post the results fail?

#19 Before February 2015

HappyKat

Ok everyone I added the option "by accident"

So far I have 36 total responses

@Azurepudding I will take your advice and try kongregate forums

@Bimps1002 I'll make some charts tonight with excel and post so people can see and discuss.

#20 Before February 2015

Bimps

Okay, when is tonight for you?

#21 Before February 2015

rocktheworld313

^ In about a decade or so.

#22 Before February 2015

HappyKat

Oh really Tomkakaz? I really didn't know that. I'm still new to the site.

I've gotten, I think, 55 responses and so in a few moments I will happily share the results. I think people will be quite surprised with the answer. (I was :/)

#23 Before February 2015

Koto

I really only woot to bring a map up in the lobby, usually a friends, or my own.

#24 Before February 2015

meep805

Most people Woot because the level is titled WOOT 4 CODE LULZ.

#25 Before February 2015

Terence22205

You realize this survey is totally biased... because the average forumer isn't even going INTO levels called "minecarft MrShoe plz woot magic"

HappyKat 142392458436848

Board footer