Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Fer22f

Re: Snake Boss

Hey cyph1e.

I'm programmer, and I'm trying to make one of that on Delphi 7.
I'm trying to use the Winsock component (like WPEPRO)
But.. you make your program log-in everybody edits or use a open tab?
I you use a open tab, how you control a open socket connection?

I have only that questions. Because send and receive packets I can make.
I search on internet about that questions and I don't have any information.
On internet only have about creating a new socket. I have to control a open socket, but i don't know how..

If you help me.. i will give you +5 REP!

Obs.: if need i have c, c++ and java too.

Last edited by Fer22f (May 8 2011 2:54:11 pm)

#27 Before February 2015

cyph1e

Updated first post with highscore. As I already told Fer22f, I'm not revealing how to do this.

#28 Before February 2015

saposami

open snake boss off cyph1e
open saposami!!!!!

#29 Before February 2015

saposami

hey cyph1e code!!! saposami75!!!!

#30 Before February 2015

saposami

WPEPRO Fast snake boss epic

Last edited by saposami (May 10 2011 4:51:00 pm)

#31 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Warned for multiposting.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#32 Before February 2015

saposami

what snake boss off multiplayer online lost off!!!!!:/

#33 Before February 2015

supertard

hey fer22f did you try with the filters i can do it with that

#34 Before February 2015

daniel1234

Awesome boss cyph1e

#35 Before February 2015

venergy

I really like this game! (it's dezbo here btw) I have no idea how you do it but keep it up!

#36 Before February 2015

Wesso

Im not very high on the list //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral I shall get better D:<

#37 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

Woot! I'm on the high score list

#38 Before February 2015

XxForrbiidennxX

So what is the PROGRAM called CHYPH1E?

#39 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

Its obvious how cyph1e did that.
He saves the map in some place and then restores the blocks he changed to their default block type.
I don't know the code he made or the language he used, but i can write a pseudo-code for you guys if you don't understand.

#40 Before February 2015

XxForrbiidennxX

I dont understand?

#41 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

While (Boss is On)
Save map as an image file
    Change blocks to green simple blocks
    Change blocks to red simple blocks
    Change blocks to colored block according to the saved file
    Announce winner

This is basically the implementation if you still don't understand. :/

#42 Before February 2015

cyph1e

xXExpress0Xx wrote:

While (Boss is On)
Save map as an image file
    Change blocks to green simple blocks
    Change blocks to red simple blocks
    Change blocks to colored block according to the saved file
    Announce winner

This is basically the implementation if you still don't understand. :/

It's a bit hilarious that you, claiming how obvious the snake logic is, writes this piece of crap pseudo code. The difficulty does not lie in the snake logic (which you surprisingly failed to explain) but in the details of the fast communication and the protocol used. There are quite a few users on this forum titling themselves as programmers just because they've managed to install a compiler.

#43 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

This was very fun to play, but I wouldn't say I love the idea because it uses a hack. Same with shift.

This is just my opinion: try not to make too many more levels using another program. It's fun, but it's not what EE was made for.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#44 Before February 2015

BillyP

Takoman, please look up the word 'hack' before you make silly assumptions. The word is being thrown around too much lately by people who barely know the meaning of it.

Takoman02 wrote:

It's fun, but it's not what EE was made for.

Really? The websites states that 'The game does not have a goal in itself but acts a sandbox where players can create experiences for each other.' This boss is a completely new experience created by cyph1e for us to play, and is awesome. I don't see why he shouldn't create more levels using bots in the future as they are truly brilliant and bring a whole new definition of gaming to EE.

I'm not sure why you've suddenly turned a tad against bots and excrew. If you don't like their levels, don't play them. Simple as that.

And yes, I do understand that that was your opinion. This is mine.

Last edited by BillyP (May 19 2011 9:11:30 am)

#45 Before February 2015

xXExpress0Xx

BillyP wrote:

Takoman, please look up the word 'hack' before you make silly assumptions. The word is being thrown around too much lately by people who barely know the meaning of it.

Takoman02 wrote:

It's fun, but it's not what EE was made for.

Really? The websites states that 'The game does not have a goal in itself but acts a sandbox where players can create experiences for each other.' This boss is a completely new experience created by cyph1e for us to play, and is awesome. I don't see why he shouldn't create more levels using bots in the future as they are truly brilliant and bring a whole new definition of gaming to EE.

I'm not sure why you've suddenly turned a tad against bots and excrew. If you don't like their levels, don't play them. Simple as that.

And yes, I do understand that that was your opinion. This is mine.

Agreed.
In addition, cyph1e isn't "hacking" to get smilies or extra energy. He is simply "modding" the game in order to make it more fun to everyone. This is not considered hacking.
It is the same as minecraft. People mod it and add cool stuff to the game but they do not do it in order to be superior to other players.

#46 Before February 2015

Wesso

I kind of like the modding, but... sometimes its just annoying how you cant do it also, not that I want to //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Also, very nice job with the EX shift, I think that was pretty cool but some of the minis on that map was quite annoying. The concept was nice though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last, your level was BESTEST! (so good I used a unreal word!) Although, you haven't been on lately so I can't get higher on the high score list or.. your "Snake was sleeping." Will Cyph1e strike again with a different map? Maybe or maybe not DUN DUN DUN!!

Last edited by Wesso (May 20 2011 4:16:32 am)

#47 Before February 2015

Awesomebob

I just won twice in a row but it was never recorded //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
idk maybe id just wanna see my name in big letters XD

#48 Before February 2015

jhonlopeze

oh i am second! thanks cyph1e !

#49 Before February 2015

World3nder

Simple explination, It recognizes the coding for the green blocks and starts a timer, after time is up it changes it to a red bock, The timer recognizes the coding for the red block and restarts, ecxept this time instead of changing it deletes it when time runs out.

#50 Before February 2015

ThuggishPrune

^not even close, cyph1e doesn't program that simple of things.

cyph1e 1423802292159140

Board footer