Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Thanel

Zombie love

Zombie love
By Thanel, Amitatsmon and Lictor666

20RYm

Play

Zombies are everywhere and you're one of them.
You need to rescue your girl friend before she get's infected too. Your time is ending.
Be fast, but beware if she get's infected you can't touch her!

Inspiration

Thanks to Terrorcookie for his filling powers!

Have fun and good luck ^^

Last edited by Thanel (Feb 11 2013 7:05:31 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Amit

Re: Zombie love

The concept is based on this level, although "Zombie Love" is much easier.

As always, I'm glad to be working with you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#3 Before February 2015

fille02

i won the level but i am on school so i can't take a pic and you saw me see ya

#4 Before February 2015

Mat

Nice World //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#5 Before February 2015

myloo

I Have been waiting for this and it is awsome //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#6 Before February 2015

allerulez

CNz0aLu.png

I am a winrar.

#7 Before February 2015

Breadfinn

Amusing but unfortunately short.

5671.jpg

#8 Before February 2015

Lictor666

Nice world !
Win pic :
1360606777-win68bis.jpeg

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#9 Before February 2015

Calicara

Sorry to break the chain of love, but I actually didn't like it that much. Why?

Well the concept was ok I guess, but it lacked a few logical errors. I won't elaborate too much, but I think it's important to point out, if the main player is a zombie, there is no way that they would ever really be able to save their girlfriend. EVERY zombie movie I've seen the zombies always eat the humans, EVERY movie. (Now I know Warm Bodies was different, but I find that situation to be highly improbable and so I do not consider it a traditional zombie movie)

So that was thing one. Thing two was the game play. Now I've played adventure games before, like journey games in general like this one, and I've played some good ones before, and some bad ones. I thought this was kind of neutral to me. I mean obviously one thing that would have helped was nice music, but I realize you can't do that with EE. (Maybe you could pick a fitting song from youtube and put it in the forums post?), I'm not too critical about that though.

The art was meh... I mean I guess it was ok. It looked pretty interesting in the game, but it was all repetitive. Even though the levels differed in size, I felt like I did the same level 5 different times. It was kind of boring overall, not really that fun. And would it hurt to put SOME minimap art? The minimap is so underused these days, you know you could always put some nice illustrations in the blank space where there is no level. The minimap looked really ugly. I opened it once, and then quickly closed it because it was so blah...

And my main complaint was the invisible portals. I really REALLY dislike invisible portals in levels. (Now don't even think about giving me yoscroll hate, because I didn't say anything about Yoscroll), I just mean specifically in playable levels. I don't see why you need to hide them. I just found it confusing sometimes when all of a sudden I abruptly changed scenes, and then by the time I figured out where I was I exploded because of zombie potion.

Which brings up my last point, please add checkpoints. I had to do the last couple of levels twice because I died in mid-level which really made me upset.

So overall I'd give a 5/10. I really didn't like it that much, sorry :/

Last edited by Calicara (Feb 11 2013 1:18:38 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

Thanel

@Failgirl101
I see that you wrote some constructive feedback here. I appreciate your words. I have same feeling about this world. It's not same quality as my other creations.

After finishing first rooms I thought about adding something special or abandoning this project. But my main goal was to create something which represents game - It was made in 1 style, nothing which looks nice Just simple stuff. I ignored minimap and focused mostly on gameplay. Creating other rooms was just simple copying same style. I can honestly say that it's one of worlds that don't have as good art as I would like to have.

You may ask then why I continued it? - Actually I asked myself same question and I don't know answer. It's probably because I wanted to have world which is in full use of zombie potion. I can say that my goal was completed correctly. People enjoyed that world and I'm happy of that.

My art skills weren't used in full power here, but well everyone does good and bad stuff. noone is perfect. All my worlds can't be good, I have to do something with worse quality.

I would like to have more feedback from you. It's very good to see someone who has something more to say //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

In conclusion I wanted this world to have funny zombie gameplay not nice art.
(Not saying that I don't like this world. I like it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile)

Edit:

Now I see that there is some more stuff in your post that I left without answer.

I disagree with you about not logic story. There is nothing said that zombies have to eat humans. Love is stronger than that.

Sound is not my thing. If you want to listen to it you can simply start any music you want. I personally don't like it and i'm starting not going to add it to any of my posts. Never!

And last thing are invisible postals. Actually view aren't needed to be invisible but like this world has nice feeling of surprise. It is something which may make some world's game-play much funnier.

Last edited by Thanel (Feb 11 2013 3:46:12 pm)

#11 Before February 2015

Arceus64

I don't care what anyone says, I thought this level was creative and fun!
2zoyfqv.jpg

#12 Before February 2015

Urban

Brilliant level. It was very fun to play.
NLyEYUG.png

#13 Before February 2015

Deetz

I just won this level with one coin.

Figure out how yourself.

#14 Before February 2015

Calicara

@Thanel: I don't want to make a super quote so I'll just say two things.

First off all, zombies in itself don't make sense logically, but for the moment let us say they do exist. Even though is is physically impossible for a dead body to walk due to lack of muscle, even if they could get past that, they still wouldn't really have a functioning mind.

The zombies in 'Warm Bodies' appear to more intelligent, but really I find that to be a very farfetched and completely ridiculous notion. I don't think zombies can think, or feel, because it requires thought and soul two things which zombies lack. So I just don't see how it would ever be possible for a zombie to WANT to protect a human seeing as it is their main source of food, and I find it highly unlikely that the human trusts it enough to let it help. (Again, I don't like Warm Bodies logic, so I'd rather not refer to it)

I know it's absurd discussing the logic of zombies but meh XP

And invisible portals are just a personal preference. I know some people use them to make the level look 'cleaner', but I actually prefer being able to see the portals. One reason is because I like the way the portals look, I think they are pretty cool, and second:

Failgirl101 wrote:

I just found it confusing sometimes when all of a sudden I abruptly changed scenes, and then by the time I figured out where I was I exploded because of zombie potion.

So that's all I really have to say on the point. I hope at least part of my advice was helpful.

Last edited by Calicara (Feb 11 2013 7:21:45 pm)

#15 Before February 2015

curdflappersEx9122

IaYxcrA.jpg
It is purely possible to get all 3 blue coins. Nice level and zombie fun! +REP

Last edited by curdflappersEx9122 (Feb 11 2013 7:58:52 pm)

#16 Before February 2015

Jaybm

yltW0ss.png

Super creative and super fun. When someone makes a level thats different then others, it makes my day. I love people who make maps that defy the daily 'logical' and also is something new.

Thanel, I am so glad you decided to finish this world, because it is truly creative and fun. Just keep doing what your doing //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

@Failgirl101: Are you a zombie expert? How do you know what zombies can and can't feel? Not only is your idea of 'zombie logicality' flawed, but entirely irrelevant. I feel that art and minigames should be almost displayed as the opposite of realism and logicality. I admire maps that defy reality, not copy them. I also see nothing wrong with the minimap, thats all i have to say about that.

I think your just the impossible to please type :/

Last edited by Jaybm (Feb 11 2013 10:06:58 pm)

#17 Before February 2015

Thanel

Thanks for your nice feedback //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

@failgirl101
Maybe you are right with your opinions about zombies but don't forget that it's my own world. As artist I have full rights to create something which breaks all rules and create my own. Why shold it be logic? I prefer it like this.

@Deetz
I think I know how you did it. Going to repair... Soon... and repaired.

Last edited by Thanel (Feb 12 2013 3:48:15 am)

#18 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Once again fail girl swoops in desperate for a debate based on irrelevancy,

Thanel1423805925155507

Board footer