Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 Before February 2015

BillyP

Re: FLD Temple Wurm

Failgirl101 wrote:

Saying, this bot is really bad, because it's a poorly made version of an overused concept is criticism. And constructively, I think Floddy should stop wasting his time on a simple minded game like EE, and stop wasting his time making bots because they suck.

How is that constructive? By quitting EE his bots won't improve at all.. instead they'll just cease to exist. That's more destructive, no?

Btw, awesome level Floddy. You always come up with fun ideas for bots. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by BillyP (Feb 14 2013 8:37:37 am)

#77 Before February 2015

Calicara

It is constructive because, why waste time with something you are not good at, and just do something else that you are good at? It's a waste of Floddys time to make these bots because how will they ever contribute the greater mankind? I mean it takes all this to program the bot, and then all the time to run the bot, and then the time to fix the bot, and the bot is not even fun. It's laggy, and buggy, and boring.

I think that there are better ways to help the community, but bots aren't one of them.

Last edited by Calicara (Feb 14 2013 9:09:26 am)

#78 Before February 2015

Nickolai

Failgirl101 wrote:

It is constructive because, why waste time with something you are not good at, and just do something else that you are good at? It's a waste of Floddys time to make these bots because how will they ever contribute the greater mankind? I mean it takes all this to program the bot, and then all the time to run the bot, and then the time to fix the bot, and the bot is not even fun. It's laggy, and buggy, and boring.

I think that there are better ways to help the community, but bots aren't one of them.

If we never "wasted time with something you are not good at", no one would ever do anything unless they were naturally talented at it.   People need practice in order to improve their skills at something.   Obviously this bot won't contribute to a greater mankind.   Following you're advice, none of us should be playing EE since it doesn't contribute to a greater mankind.  

Floddy-Awesome work.   Keep doing what you are doing.

#79 Before February 2015

Calicara

It's funny how after every post you praise him, like it will make a difference. This run from god shenanigans probably won't last more than a couple months. And by the time, how will the world have evolved? It won't, because everyone is too bust sitting at their computers playing a boring, tedious, ridiculously slow, bot.

Contrary to how often I post on the forums, I don't even really play EE much, it's a waste of time, just like this bot.

#80 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Failgirl101 wrote:

It's funny how after every post you praise him, like it will make a difference. This run from god shenanigans probably won't last more than a couple months. And by the time, how will the world have evolved? It won't, because everyone is too bust sitting at their computers playing a boring, tedious, ridiculously slow, bot.

Contrary to how often I post on the forums, I don't even really play EE much, it's a waste of time, just like this bot.

Still, if you don't like this, why are you still acting like a nub, go to another topic if you must.
Would you like it if i critiqued your maps to the extent you do to floddy?
You say you give constructive critiques, yet I see none...

I will continue reporting your posts, as you keep being nubby.

#81 Before February 2015

Calicara

Ok thanks for reporting me. Though I do not believe I have once broken any of the forums rules. All of my posts on topic, ALL of them.

You can call me nubby if it makes you feel better. I think people who play this level are nubby. I find it laughable you find this particular level enjoyable. Why not play a better level like this one?

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=28192

Which actually has a nice art and a nice concept.

Or even this level I quite enjoyed:

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=28179

Floddys level is just a run from gods. Boooooring.

#82 Before February 2015

Insanity

Failgirl101, I hate to disagree with people, but saying that "the bot is bad and nobody should play it" isn't constructive criticism. I'm your friend, so I won't hate you for wobbing out occasionally, but I'd say the EE community in general would probably appreciate it if you explained why the bot was bad, and then left it at that. It's not constructive to tell others not to use the bot just because you do not like it. And those of you who are repeatedly responding to her posts, just stop. You nubs keep blowing this out of proportion.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#83 Before February 2015

Calicara

1nsanity wrote:

Failgirl101, I hate to disagree with people, but saying that "the bot is bad and nobody should play it" isn't constructive criticism. I'm your friend, so I won't hate you for wobbing out occasionally, but I'd say the EE community in general would probably appreciate it if you explained why the bot was bad, and then left it at that. It's not constructive to tell others not to use the bot just because you do not like it. And those of you who are repeatedly responding to her posts, just stop. You nubs keep blowing this out of proportion.

Well I did explain here:

Failgirl101 wrote:

Two things.

One, like many have said, you really need to fix who gets kicked and who doesn't. You kicked my friend Vasum01 and he didn't do anything wrong. All he did was enter and he got kicked for 'key hack prevention', when he has never hacked a day in his life.

And on to the bot....

Well even though I don't like bots at all, I still give them all an equal try to determine which ones are better than others. Your prior bot, digbot, I never did find to be quite enjoyable as it was very tedious and painstaking with little no reward.

While the 'Temple Wurm' sounded like a more intriguing and unique concept, I did not find it to be so. First of all the gameplay is rather boring. Adding a fancy name with a fancy look doesn't change the fact that underneath it all, this is just basically another run from gods level, except with portals. I mean think about it. Everyone is spawned into a small arena and must escape getting captured/trapped. The two concepts are basically the same thing, but with two different names. So already the concept is overused.

Second of all the 'wurm' is very slow, a bit too slow. I understand you want to give people a chance to test their waters, but it's like by the time the level even gets partially fun I have already wasted a ton of time just idling around easily avoiding the wurm. When I compare the amount of fun I have from actually trying to avoid the wurm, compared the amount of time I spend doing next to nothing, I realize that the level is just more sitting around and waiting then actually doing anything. And then, if you are so unlucky enough to get out within the first few minutes, it takes FOREVER to get in on a new round.

So in summary, the concept of the wurm bot isn't new, and the way that you chose to show the concept wasn't good either. The wurm is too slow, too easy to avoid, and there is much to much time between each round. The wurm is boring, unoriginal, and I am also upset that you are kicking random people without reason.

If I could give you one tip of advice floddy, stop making bots. Your bots are boring, tedious, and hardly fun. I've played better things (though again I'm not supporting any of these levels), but thing like !Yoscroll, and Explosions Everywhere to name a couple. They are challenging, fast and fun, while your bots are drab and boring and slow.

That is when all the rage began. Floddyfosh took this as me being hateful so he raged on my topic, so now I'm raging on his. When you act immaturely you don't deserve respect.

#84 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

@Failgirl, I see no constructive criticism there. The more you continue this charade, the less popular you will become.

#85 Before February 2015

BillyP

Failgirl101 wrote:

That is when all the rage began. Floddyfosh took this as me being hateful so he raged on my topic, so now I'm raging on his. When you act immaturely you don't deserve respect.

He posted like once on your topic. Grow up and get over it. You've made like three posts saying the same crap. We heard you the first time. Please stop now, you're embarrassing yourself.

#86 Before February 2015

Master1

Just gonna put this out there. Failgirl101, have you ever noticed that you're the only one who doesn't like them? All the comments, except the ones you make say it's a good bot. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to hear it 100 times.

I hope this doesn't backfire on me, but you're starting to make me wish you were still banned.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#87 Before February 2015

Calicara

Yes well, rage on me all you want. I think it's kind of funny lul.

As much as you sit here and waste your time, floddys bot never gets any better, and more of my time and yours is wasted. I think my posts were plenty constructive whether you agree with me or not.

Floddyfosh is childish, but I shant' say more lest I post something ban worthy. I know no one agrees with me, no one ever does. I don't know why no one agrees with me, but that is not something to discuss here.

Feel free to PM me your rage for the lulz. It will be plenty of fun to see your reactions, but no matter how much you praise Floddy his slow run from gods level sucks.

And so I say, good day. And if say this post is off topic, then I shall add something to make it not off topic. I will add my usual critique to Floddy's work like I have said so many times before, you should stop making bots because they are slow, boring, tedious, and not even close to being what I consider 'fun'. If your going to seriously ever make another bot, then please make something more original, and not base it off an age old concept that was never fun to begin with.

The author of this post has received a warning for aggravating and disrespecting. (Despite being told not to by staff)

Last edited by Tako (Feb 14 2013 3:16:30 pm)

#88 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Different55 wrote:

Failgirl, if you don't like it say so then move on

I think this message was pretty clear failgirl101, even though your posts are 'on topic' in your oppinion. I'm trying to ignore you already but you just keep on posting, flaming and sending me private messages.

Back on topic for the others: the bot won't be on today (maybe i can put on this night) but because of valentine i'm spending the whole day with my girlfriend together. Im typing this right now on my iphone. Tomorrow it wil be on again for sure and hopefully have some new updates //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. Cya all then! Thank you for all the support!

#89 Before February 2015

skullz17

Actually to be honest the wurm is pretty slow. Maybe have a bigger arena with multiple wurmers. But I don't want a faster wurm.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#90 Before February 2015

Insanity

skullz16 wrote:

Actually to be honest the wurm is pretty slow. Maybe have a bigger arena with multiple wurmers. But I don't want a faster wurm.

The wurm gets faster and larger as you progress. The arena can't be enlarged because the user of the wurm is boxed in the center.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.

#91 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

1nsanity wrote:
skullz16 wrote:

The wurm gets faster and larger as you progress. The arena can't be enlarged because the user of the wurm is boxed in the center.

The Wurm doesn't need to see all people at all times; you could easily make a larger map and have areas where the Wurm could go, like through portals or exclusive tunnels.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#92 Before February 2015

Breadfinn

Keep up the good work Floddy. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

5671.jpg

#93 Before February 2015

Insanity

TakoMan02 wrote:
1nsanity wrote:
skullz16 wrote:

The Wurm doesn't need to see all people at all times; you could easily make a larger map and have areas where the Wurm could go, like through portals or exclusive tunnels.

The problem with that is that you have to be able to move yourself (the smiley) in and out of portals and control the wurm simultaneously. But a suggestion would be like make multiple 3x3 boxes in a larger arena, just like the one in the center, and when the wurm moves out of the field of view of the wurmer, he or she is teleported to another "box" where he/she can see the wurm. You'd have to make another bot just for the teleporting, but it'd be pretty nice if it were possible.

#94 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

1nsanity wrote:
TakoMan02 wrote:
1nsanity wrote:

The problem with that is that you have to be able to move yourself (the smiley) in and out of portals and control the wurm simultaneously. But a suggestion would be like make multiple 3x3 boxes in a larger arena, just like the one in the center, and when the wurm moves out of the field of view of the wurmer, he or she is teleported to another "box" where he/she can see the wurm. You'd have to make another bot just for the teleporting, but it'd be pretty nice if it were possible.

Possible and not that hard, but do we really want a bigger area? The game rounds would only take longer because it will be harder to kill everyone, and imo the game rounds are already pretty long. But thank you for suggesting new ideas //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile! I take them all very serious! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#95 Before February 2015

Jaybm

I know your bot is already jam-packed with stuff, but why not make the arena change themes? You could load one before you turn the bot on. Kinda like how there were different themes in explosions everywhere. All the designs would really be is different background designs, but I still think it might add some variety. Not essential - but I still think it might be cool.

#96 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

MrVoid and MrShoe approve this bot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

OMGZhzi.png

#97 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

We have a bug!

nFJfgET.png

If you look closely, you can see me in the block. I AM NOT HACKING, I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO HACK.

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

#98 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

Floddy maybe you could make the game more objective like you have to do one thing in specific other then kill the snake cause its kind of tedious waiting for the keys and running away from the snake, i like the map and game but maybe have a side objective other then collecting keys.

If you would like me to make a bot for you, go here.

#99 Before February 2015

Thanel

List of suggestions:

1. Last standing - player who is only one who left alive will be given a special reward (maybe another place for it in stats ?).

2. High priority target - randomly selected player who is alive may be choosen as high priority target. Wurm for killing that player will gain additional hp. Another player is selected only after previous is killed.

3. Energy bar - energy bar is placed somewhere outside of room. It is filled by 1 block everytime wurm kills player. When it is filled 1 of survivers may use spacebar to harm wurm or use special ability. Only 1 player is choosen to use it to prevent bugs or multiple usuage of power. (I have some funny ideas for abilities)

4. Auto afk

I just noticed that I have another post right under OP. I could edit it and do it as collection of ideas from everyone. It would be nice place for you to look at //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile It would be something nice looking and showing which ideas are added or rejected. Just like this post. I would be happy to do it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile Waiting for your answer.

Last edited by Thanel (Feb 16 2013 5:26:33 am)

#100 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

gregregreg wrote:

We have a bug!

http://i.imgur.com/nFJfgET.png

If you look closely, you can see me in the block. I AM NOT HACKING, I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO HACK.

Was there a dot? It couldve been a bug by digging which I haven't discovered yet //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

Thanel wrote:

List of suggestions:

1. Last standing - player who is only one who left alive will be given a special reward (maybe another place for it in stats ?).

2. High priority target - randomly selected player who is alive may be choosen as high priority target. Wurm for killing that player will gain additional hp. Another player is selected only after previous is killed.

3. Energy bar - energy bar is placed somewhere outside of room. It is filled by 1 block everytime wurm kills player. When it is filled 1 of survivers may use spacebar to harm wurm or use special ability. Only 1 player is choosen to use it to prevent bugs or multiple usuage of power. (I have some funny ideas for abilities)

4. Auto afk

I just noticed that I have another post right under OP. I could edit it and do it as collection of ideas from everyone. It would be nice place for you to look at //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile It would be something nice looking and showing which ideas are added or rejected. Just like this post. I would be happy to do it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile Waiting for your answer.

1: Cool idea, might add it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. Too bad it will conflict a bit with the stats people already have but that's up to you all if you don't ind it.

2. Player with a crown (or the crown itself) will be already a high priority, because this player has the ability to dig his way to freedom, safe people that are stuck and get to keys where you normally can't get to. If the snake gets the crown first it will get HP.

3. Not gonna add this. Energy bar will take more room and the bot needs to place more blocks for the energy bar, thus making it more laggy. Also spacebar won't work for the survivors. But there will come some new special abilities in the future, by using the crown //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. You will see.

4. Working on it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Might be a good idea to keep a list there //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile, if you don't mind to spend time into that! haha

~Floddy

Last edited by FloddyFosh (Feb 16 2013 8:16:44 am)

FloddyFosh 1423810103151329

Board footer