Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

Aoitenshi

Re: FLD Temple Wurm

Thanel wrote:
FloddyFosh wrote:

I want art in my world but i'm not going to be the one creating it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue I suck at it. Any volunteers?

I could help you with that, but it depends of what you want to create.

You can send me pm. I have some experience at creating art //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I am happy to help, feel free to PM me at anytime. ^^

#27 Before February 2015

Shadow

very nice bot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile ilike it +rep for u.

#28 Before February 2015

ethans

LOVE this gaaaaame //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#29 Before February 2015

theditor

Awesome, as always, Floddy //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

This is really fun and uniquie, you deserve my and other people's reps //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#30 Before February 2015

skullz17

Awesome bot, is this what you were away doing all this time?

Unique, really puts 'boss' back in to 'EE Boss'.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#31 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

Good bot but non-chatters can't be worm :'(. That means you need at least one chatter to even play the game

#32 Before February 2015

capasha

Next time. Don't have all potions activated. Not zombie atleast.

#33 Before February 2015

arteem

Please,

/potionsoff 9

#34 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Infact, just turn off all potions, they aren't needed.
It just ruins the gameplay, well, the zombie and curse do, mainly because when they die, they don't get a coin, therefore it is just horrid.

#35 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Oops, forgot they were turned on. I changed it yesterday because so many people were hacking keys, teleporting and EE did weird with the /loadlevel command. So I was trolling around a bit.

#36 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Could you turn it off then? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#37 Before February 2015

I love this world and you deserve a rep //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile, though for some reason it kick(ed) me as soon as I enter it for key-hacking (a thing I don't have a slightest idea of how to). It doesn't like number-only names or something?

#38 Before February 2015

Nyyn

I suggest that the survivors should have a power-up, just as the wurm has a power up. It should involve touching some item. It shouldn't be "bla bla bla press spacebar for it", because then there will be trollers to use up the power-up as soon as the people start the round.
It could be a crown, or any decoration, I don't know.
As soon as a wurm touches it, the wurm gets to use his blue block thingie-mabber power up (or just disappears)
As soon as one of the survivors touch it, every single survivor gets this random power up (exception- if the power up is meant to make the wurm lose health)

Power ups I made up //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Bold should be available to chat people only- a non chat could hit it and only the non chat and all the chat people will gain the power up.
Italic is for everyone. And everyone will get it.
Underlined is a power up supposed to be a power up that doesn't boost the people, but gives the wurm (and the system) a disadvantage.
No special marks is undecided (in my case)
-Ghost Power- all blocks act like they are a background and you can just walk over them. Lasts for __ seconds
-Berserk Power- every BLUEblock you touch (so the survivors wouldn't have more power over the wurm) turns into a zero gravity dot. Lasts for __ seconds
-Very suspicious button... - Deals random damage to the wurm.
-Key to success power- Spawns very random keys at a rate of 1 for 2 seconds. Keys untouched before the power up time is up will be destroyed. Lasts for __ seconds.
-Time Freeze - Stops the random gray block spawning and the wurm cannot move. Any person stupid enough to touch the wurm will be eaten. Lasts for __ seconds.

Last edited by Nyyn (Feb 12 2013 4:10:37 pm)

#39 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Boh wrote:
0176 wrote:

I love this world and you deserve a rep //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile, though for some reason it kick(ed) me as soon as I enter it for key-hacking (a thing I don't have a slightest idea of how to). It doesn't like number-only names or something?

me too //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile - so not a numbers thing.....

Inb4 i get more of these posts. I'm sorry if it kicked you. I can never be sure when someone is keytrolling, therefore i need to kick people based on stuff how a bot would behave. Don't feel blamed if you got kicked //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue just log in 5 minutes later again, you aren't banned. I'm pretty sure some 'ub0r H4x0R' will write a bot to break everything again, just to annoy others and be too immature to write a fun bot instead, but for now this will prevent most bots //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. So again, sorry if you got kicked, it is the bot kicking people //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

Nyyn wrote:

I suggest that the survivors should have a power-up, just as the wurm has a power up. It should involve touching some item. It shouldn't be "bla bla bla press spacebar for it", because then there will be trollers to use up the power-up as soon as the people start the round.
It could be a crown, or any decoration, I don't know.
As soon as a wurm touches it, the wurm gets to use his blue block thingie-mabber power up (or just disappears)
As soon as one of the survivors touch it, every single survivor gets this random power up (exception- if the power up is meant to make the wurm lose health)

Power ups I made up //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Bold should be available to chat people only- a non chat could hit it and only the non chat and all the chat people will gain the power up.
Italic is for everyone. And everyone will get it.
Underlined is a power up supposed to be a power up that doesn't boost the people, but gives the wurm (and the system) a disadvantage.
No special marks is undecided (in my case)
-Ghost Power- all blocks act like they are a background and you can just walk over them. Lasts for __ seconds
-Berserk Power- every BLUEblock you touch (so the survivors wouldn't have more power over the wurm) turns into a zero gravity dot. Lasts for __ seconds
-Very suspicious button... - Deals random damage to the wurm.
-Key to success power- Spawns very random keys at a rate of 1 for 2 seconds. Keys untouched before the power up time is up will be destroyed. Lasts for __ seconds.
-Time Freeze - Stops the random gray block spawning and the wurm cannot move. Any person stupid enough to touch the wurm will be eaten. Lasts for __ seconds.

Thank you for your suggestions! Some of these i'm actually already busy with and code is almost done //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. BUT... because of all these hackers etc and such ive been too busy trying to deal a bit with them instead of working on such suggestions...

Last edited by FloddyFosh (Feb 12 2013 4:35:27 pm)

#40 Before February 2015

Calicara

Two things.

One, like many have said, you really need to fix who gets kicked and who doesn't. You kicked my friend Vasum01 and he didn't do anything wrong. All he did was enter and he got kicked for 'key hack prevention', when he has never hacked a day in his life.

And on to the bot....

Well even though I don't like bots at all, I still give them all an equal try to determine which ones are better than others. Your prior bot, digbot, I never did find to be quite enjoyable as it was very tedious and painstaking with little no reward.

While the 'Temple Wurm' sounded like a more intriguing and unique concept, I did not find it to be so. First of all the gameplay is rather boring. Adding a fancy name with a fancy look doesn't change the fact that underneath it all, this is just basically another run from gods level, except with portals. I mean think about it. Everyone is spawned into a small arena and must escape getting captured/trapped. The two concepts are basically the same thing, but with two different names. So already the concept is overused.

Second of all the 'wurm' is very slow, a bit too slow. I understand you want to give people a chance to test their waters, but it's like by the time the level even gets partially fun I have already wasted a ton of time just idling around easily avoiding the wurm. When I compare the amount of fun I have from actually trying to avoid the wurm, compared the amount of time I spend doing next to nothing, I realize that the level is just more sitting around and waiting then actually doing anything. And then, if you are so unlucky enough to get out within the first few minutes, it takes FOREVER to get in on a new round.

So in summary, the concept of the wurm bot isn't new, and the way that you chose to show the concept wasn't good either. The wurm is too slow, too easy to avoid, and there is much to much time between each round. The wurm is boring, unoriginal, and I am also upset that you are kicking random people without reason.

If I could give you one tip of advice floddy, stop making bots. Your bots are boring, tedious, and hardly fun. I've played better things (though again I'm not supporting any of these levels), but thing like !Yoscroll, and Explosions Everywhere to name a couple. They are challenging, fast and fun, while your bots are drab and boring and slow.

Last edited by Calicara (Feb 12 2013 4:48:35 pm)

#41 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Failgirl101 wrote:

One, like many have said, you really need to fix who gets kicked and who doesn't. You kicked my friend Vasum01 and he didn't do anything wrong. All he did was enter and he got kicked for 'key hack prevention', when he has never hacked a day in his life.

The bot kicks people out that afk when they join, due to key trollers. Vasum01 must of afked when joining. Simple as.

Wow... So much hate. Let me take it from here..

If I could give you one tip of advice floddy, stop making bots. Your bots are boring, tedious, and hardly fun. I've played better things (though again I'm not supporting any of these levels), but thing like !Yoscroll, and Explosions Everywhere to name a couple. They are challenging, fast and fun, while your bots are drab and boring and slow.

I find them fun, along with other people, and tbh, I find Yo!Scroll and Explosions tedious and boring, as the same old people win. This has variation and isn't in it's final stage, as it is still in development.

So in summary, the concept of the wurm bot isn't new, and the way that you chose to show the concept wasn't good either. The wurm is too slow, too easy to avoid, and there is much to much time between each round. The wurm is boring, unoriginal, and I am also upset that you are kicking random people without reason.

I see it as a new concept to EE, as I havent seen things like it. Similar things are Cyph1e's snake and usual run from gods, but a kinda fusion of both. I'd like to see what you'd make, if you are trash-talking this much.

Second of all the 'wurm' is very slow, a bit too slow. I understand you want to give people a chance to test their waters, but it's like by the time the level even gets partially fun I have already wasted a ton of time just idling around easily avoiding the wurm. When I compare the amount of fun I have from actually trying to avoid the wurm, compared the amount of time I spend doing next to nothing, I realize that the level is just more sitting around and waiting then actually doing anything. And then, if you are so unlucky enough to get out within the first few minutes, it takes FOREVER to get in on a new round.

It is clear that you haven't stayed for many rounds. The wurm speeds up depending on health, if you spend too much time idling, you obviously died early because you have no strategy. An average round lasts for around 5-10 minutes... Bosses usually last longer.

While the 'Temple Wurm' sounded like a more intriguing and unique concept, I did not find it to be so. First of all the gameplay is rather boring. Adding a fancy name with a fancy look doesn't change the fact that underneath it all, this is just basically another run from gods level, except with portals. I mean think about it. Everyone is spawned into a small arena and must escape getting captured/trapped. The two concepts are basically the same thing, but with two different names. So already the concept is overused.

Expand on the gameplay being boring please. It has a fancy name, purely because the art has not been done, as it is not important. However I do believe that the wurm arena will be in a temple. How is the concept overused? Your logic makes no sense there.

Well even though I don't like bots at all, I still give them all an equal try to determine which ones are better than others. Your prior bot, digbot, I never did find to be quite enjoyable as it was very tedious and painstaking with little no reward.

Fair point you don't like bots, by why take your rage out on this topic in particular? Comparing bots is like comparing bananas...
One should not compare previous work on recent, as people progress and branch out into new areas. It is like comparing a seed to an apple.

#42 Before February 2015

Calicara

I don't make bots I play bots, and of all the bots I've played over my time in EE Floddys are always the worst. Call me mean, or hateful, or spiteful, but it's true.

Ok not talking about digbot, will focus on the wurm.

Here is how I view the worm. It's like taking a toy, repainting it, and calling it something new. It's like taking hookjumps, and instead of making them straight up, just having them sideways and calling it 'new'. All the wurm is, is just run from gods repackaged and re-gifted with a new name. There is nothing really NEW about it.

Of course I wouldn't stay for more than one round, why would I want to? It's very boring and tedious, and when I lose I must wait like 10 minutes to enter again. I've played !YoScroll, doesn't take ten minutes between rounds. I've played explosions everywhere, doesn't take ten minutes between rounds. I've even played snakebot once or twice, and even that is faster than floddys little run from gods.. I mean 'wurm'.

And yea ofc the same people always win, but isn't that true with any bot? This game is based on strategy and skill like other bots, and as such after a while you will begin to notice patterns in winners. It happens. It's the same with race levels, and regular levels. The same people always win, so what? I don't really care about winning it's just whatever to me. I really care more about having fun, and this bot is NOT fun.

My logic does not overlap itself, like you so thoughtfully pointed out, because unlike traditional run from gods this level does appear to have a theme, but like I said it's just like painting over an old toy and calling it new, giving something better art doesn't make the concept any different than it was before. You can make it as nice and fancy as you want, but the concept will always be the same in the end.

I have only raged on this bot, because it is one of the only bot I disliked so much I felt the need to comment. You don't have to agree with my opinion. So go ahead and dissect my speech again like so many others, but nothing you will do will change my mind. I am only trying to help by being critical, because it is only when people criticize that things will be fixed. Just saying something is 'nice' will not give anyone any constructive feedback for how to improve.

and P.S. My friend got kicked because he entered. He wasn't AFK at all. All he did was enter, and he got auto-kicked. Fair? I think not.

#43 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Failgirl101 wrote:

*snip*

Ok..fine //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. While you are playing with your old NokiaToy, i'm playing with my new Iphone and passing it around to others. I never said its a new concept or a totally new thing but I made some changes and tried new stuff to make it interesting again (Run from Gods, which people enjoyed in the past). I create my bots all by myself and try to think of new ideas and just throwing them into the community and see how they react on it. I failed many times miserabely, because I'm trying stuff that's just too much for EE or too complicated, but I don't care I love doing it. I bet you never heard of my Achievements Bot?

The bot is slower compared to YoScroll and Explosions Everywhere because it has more elements and stuff to react on, all doing at once. Explosions Everywhere is just a beforehand made level consisting of mini games where some random portals are throwed in with a delay of one second. I do respect YoScroll but it's also just a game with beforehand known minigames that are build up and responding to deaths of people. Temple Wurm is responding to movements from the Wurmer in the middle and building the wurm in the direction the Wurmer is pressing. It does NOT know beforehand what the wurmer is gonna do. Because EE is actually not the type of game for such kind of games the snake needs to be a bit slower otherwise it will be uncontrollable. Next to that it's also placing random blocks in the field, random keys on different times, removing keys when they get touched, responding to people that are dying, and last but not least changing the hpbar of the snake.
Digbot was slow for the same reason. It had ALOT of elements. Too many commands to remember, and too much to collect. Craft pickaxes, upgrade them, casting spells, trade with others, collect coins and buy from shop, rare magical chests and lamps. Everybody was digging and it had to respond quick on movements of people digging, because otherwise it wouldn't look like digging. But it also had to refill the map and last but not least a snake going through the map.

Next to all of that this bot is heavily under construction. It was in early beta when people were already heavily playing it. I just throwed it in one day just to see what people would think of it and they loved it because they missed a Run from Gods. So I kept it online the last 2 days and working it more out. I didn't even had the time to create a nice topic about it on the forums, hell art i don't even care about because i'm not good at it. Have you even seen the minimap? A name was just created so people know what they are talking about and they can find my level easier. Its not to try to make people think its a totally new concept. Hell even the name is not even original, its from Temple Run.

I like how you are being critical, it makes people discuss and think about it, but if you're not trying to change your mind and try to see it from my point of view why would I try to do the same?

Btw, your friend got kicked because there are alot of hackers on this game trying to break alot of stuff. Instead of not kicking anybody and therefore not kicking the hackers I chose to kick everybody that could be a hacker. I just added it to see what would happen (it's even already removed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile ), it's not fair no, but I had to try something. He must've been afk for some time right as he logged in, because that's the only reason why my bots kicks.

Also I wish I could speak English as fluently as you are. My explaining wouldve been alot better if I could do it in my own language. Its hard for me to express my thoughts in english because I just can't use fancy words like you are and choose the right word combinations because I have to do it with the words I know. I even bet this post is full of mistakes //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile haha.

Now just leave me creating new bots and try doing new weird stuff in EE //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile because that's what I like. I'll let you play the levels you are enjoying. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

~Floddy

#44 Before February 2015

Benje00

Hi, Floddy, nice level you have here.   Failgirl said in the above posts that this is a run from gods in a new way; I disagree with this.   With run from gods there's a lot more trolling, not knowing if someone is trapped, and it's boring.   This is definitely different from run from god in many ways.   You know when you lose, you can beat the boss, and overall very fun.

For suggestions you should have a few new modes for the snake and also for the arena.

Suggestions:

Mirror mode for wurm:   One wurmer and two snake lines, but ones of the wurms mirror the other.

Two Wurmers:   Just two wurmers controlling two different wurms.

Backwards mode:   There could be a power up that causes the controls for the wurmer to become backwards.   Up arrows moves it down, right arrow moves it left.

Fast mode:   Just what it says only there wouldn't be any random blocks popping up.

Arena:   Blocks that the wurm can't go through neither can the players.   Like the blocks in the middle except in the playing field.   Here's a quick picture I made: http://vvcap.net/db/NbtGlNUvOc7wIPnY57Ph.htp

Thanks for reading and I hope you use my suggestions to make gameplay better. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Also, I'm not bad at art so when you need me just PM my forum account.   My ingame alt is Nihao, I play on him the most for Temple Wurm.
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool:cool::cool:

Last edited by Benje00 (Feb 13 2013 6:49:39 am)

#45 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

This is one of the best levels ever. It allows people without the code to actually play against each other in a very competitive and fun way //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#46 Before February 2015

Calicara

I was gonna say something nice to you floddy, but instead you wanted to go around and play games with me.

Well if that is how you want it, than so it shall be.

Just know this. Just because I don't like your bot, doesn't give you the right to act like an elitist. Your bot sucked, well boo hoo. Not everyone likes your level, is the world gonna end? No. So get over it, you don't like me? I don't care.

The "Wurm" is just an overused concept, poorly made by user who has been known to make boring bots (ie: Digbot which was the most pointless bot ever), and it's not any fun at all.

And so my constructive criticism is to stop making bots, because seriously your wasting your time.

#47 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Failgirl101 wrote:

I was gonna say something nice to you floddy, but instead you wanted to go around and play games with me.

Well if that is how you want it, than so it shall be.

Just know this. Just because I don't like your bot, doesn't give you the right to act like an elitist. Your bot sucked, well boo hoo. Not everyone likes your level, is the world gonna end? No. So get over it, you don't like me? I don't care.

The "Wurm" is just an overused concept, poorly made by user who has been known to make boring bots (ie: Digbot which was the most pointless bot ever), and it's not any fun at all.

And so my constructive criticism is to stop making bots, because seriously your wasting your time.

You were the first one that rolled the dice and started the game. You didn't give me any 'constructive criticism', you are only bashing and raging on my bots and trying to give me a bad name. My bot doesn't suck, it's your opinion that it sucks and I don't really care, because you are just a tiny little opinion between hundreds of people that do enjoy my bots. I'm not crying over about it and was only showing in my post in this thread that you could've tried it to see it from my point of view instead of giving logic that makes absolutely no sense.

Even though a wurm or snake might be an overused concept, it's still an concept that many people love. And in my case it is a different kind of wurm made before, in a more competitive way. If you are calling my bots pointless then stop playing games because that's pointless too. It's all about having fun and alot of people do have fun playing with my bots. I'm having fun creating bots and see people enjoying it and a person like you doesn't change that.

I'm not wasting my time on creating bots, i'm simply enjoying it and I actually learn how to solve problems and how to program it. My 'constructive criticism' for you is to simply stop playing and having such an awful attitude.

I'm going back to implement more ideas from people in my bot, that do enjoy playing it and do give 'constructive criticism' by giving ideas how to make the game more fun and expanding its variaty.

~Floddy

#48 Before February 2015

Calicara

Have fun with your run from gods copy. Let me know when it lags so hard from all your 'expansion' that it can't even run anymore.

#49 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Failgirl101 wrote:

Have fun with your run from gods copy. Let me know when it lags so hard from all your 'expansion' that it can't even run anymore.

I will simply remove the unnecessary stuff //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. I will probably also have a new great bot by that time.
Let me know when you found some friends in your awful life.

#50 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Both of you can stop with the hating and get back on topic.
Failgirl, if you don't like it say so then move on.
Floddy,
117735_v2.jpg

Last edited by Different55 (Feb 13 2013 2:53:22 pm)

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

FloddyFosh 1423810103151329

Board footer