Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Re: Floddy DigBot "I Can Dig It"

pokemonsmile101 wrote:

Floddy, I'm almost crying right now, MY BANK RESET WITH TONS OF STUFF!!!!! I need help getting it back!! :'( So I am quitting for a while till my bank is there //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

The bot does save correctly everything... it could be possible that u did !unstore and then logged out, that way u lost everything. I'm not going to change people their data, that wouldn't be fair.

#102 Before February 2015

pokemonsmile101

FloddyFosh wrote:
pokemonsmile101 wrote:

Floddy, I'm almost crying right now, MY BANK RESET WITH TONS OF STUFF!!!!! I need help getting it back!! :'( So I am quitting for a while till my bank is there //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

The bot does save correctly everything... it could be possible that u did !unstore and then logged out, that way u lost everything. I'm not going to change people their data, that wouldn't be fair.

Well, if it's...not there....then gg guys.

EDIT : But it's not fair that I woke up, came out and nothing was there, I always check my bank before I leave no matter what.

EDIT2 : It's not there,...good game.

EDIT3 : I don't think it would be fair if I spent a week getting all my resources and have them dissapear, it would be fair if you give them back.

Last edited by pokemonsmile101 (May 13 2012 8:05:07 am)

#103 Before February 2015

twin802

pokemonsmile101 wrote:
FloddyFosh wrote:
pokemonsmile101 wrote:

Well, if it's...not there....then gg guys.

EDIT : But it's not fair that I woke up, came out and nothing was there, I always check my bank before I leave no matter what.

EDIT2 : It's not there,...good game.

EDIT3 : I don't think it would be fair if I spent a week getting all my resources and have them dissapear, it would be fair if you give them back.

But the thing is pokemonsmile101 he doesn't know what you had in your bank or if your just lying to get free stuff.
Suppose he did give you what you want then I would probably (since I'm a noob) ask for a whole bunch of levels and ores too and get them then everyone would and that would be the end of his bot.

#104 Before February 2015

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

FloddyFosh wrote:
pokemonsmile101 wrote:

Sorry to say that I believe everyone who has played since the initial trade update has lost all of their progress. The level itself wasn't counted as a "Saved World" in the lobby, so that might have something to do with it. After the level reset last night, the level was then hidden from the lobby and could only be accessed by link, so I'm guessing any progress from that has been lost too.

That's approximately 7 hours of gameplay for everyone who was playing during that time gone. It's certainly not just lagkick problems, but I had assumed that the bot saves to somewhere locally on Floddy's computer, which it clearly wasn't doing since the trade update.

So everyone that was offering services on this thread, all of those services have been lost as well including any payments, any ores mined, and any picks made.

My advice to everyone would be to ONLY play the level if it's showing correctly in the lobby and as a saved level.

Xenonetix_2.png

#105 Before February 2015

capasha

I can't read anything about how much xp/lvl or which pickaxe you need to go to each layers in the world.

Dirt is layer 1, and the other ones. No idea how Iget there.

Last edited by doh (May 13 2012 8:56:06 am)

#106 Before February 2015

twin802

In a world without snakes...
NBWBD.png

the miners rule...

#107 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

doh wrote:

I can't read anything about how much xp/lvl or which pickaxe you need to go to each layers in the world.

Dirt is layer 1, and the other ones. No idea how Iget there.

There is a list with levels put up on thread now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#108 Before February 2015

jeffreyshi1345

I remember back when there wasn't an unstore option //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Then I leave the game for a week, and suddenly I'm bumped down from 3rd to 15th //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue MEH!

#109 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Mega Lamb wrote:
FloddyFosh wrote:
pokemonsmile101 wrote:

Sorry to say that I believe everyone who has played since the initial trade update has lost all of their progress. The level itself wasn't counted as a "Saved World" in the lobby, so that might have something to do with it. After the level reset last night, the level was then hidden from the lobby and could only be accessed by link, so I'm guessing any progress from that has been lost too.

That's approximately 7 hours of gameplay for everyone who was playing during that time gone. It's certainly not just lagkick problems, but I had assumed that the bot saves to somewhere locally on Floddy's computer, which it clearly wasn't doing since the trade update.

So everyone that was offering services on this thread, all of those services have been lost as well including any payments, any ores mined, and any picks made.

My advice to everyone would be to ONLY play the level if it's showing correctly in the lobby and as a saved level.

Sounds like a good explaination, thanks!

#110 Before February 2015

jeffreyshi1345

@FLODDY, just wondering, why is the bot called "BEASTBOT"?

#111 Before February 2015

Kirby

suggestion

!afk

makes a little 4x4 box around you made out of the red scifi brick, which will make it so you cant die sometimes i go afk and when i come back i died. this will prevent it. the catch? when you are afk, you cant dig, or get out of the box, until you say !back

#112 Before February 2015

TheRealGtaa

Why can i not join in the Dig lvl... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#113 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

jeffreyshi1345 wrote:

@FLODDY, just wondering, why is the bot called "BEASTBOT"?

I have actually no idea =/ haha! At first I wanted to make alot of little enemies, little beasts =P

kirby1394 wrote:

suggestion

!afk

makes a little 4x4 box around you made out of the red scifi brick, which will make it so you cant die sometimes i go afk and when i come back i died. this will prevent it. the catch? when you are afk, you cant dig, or get out of the box, until you say !back

Sorry no =/, just go to the surface. You are safe there. And I bet people will abuse it when the snake is near //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink.

#114 Before February 2015

Master1

A few problems:

1 - The bot combined with the amount of people in the level causes tons of crashes, when that happens I lose everything in my bag.
2 - Nonchats can't play it, make some sort of autoban for them, and guests, they only take up space.
3 - Add a way of knowing how many blocks you can dig before your pick-axe breaks. I hate when it breaks in layer 4.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#115 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

Master1 wrote:

A few problems:

1 - The bot combined with the amount of people in the level causes tons of crashes, when that happens I lose everything in my bag.
2 - Nonchats can't play it, make some sort of autoban for them, and guests, they only take up space.
3 - Add a way of knowing how many blocks you can dig before your pick-axe breaks. I hate when it breaks in layer 4.

You think thats bad? @ number 3...
I had it +5 emerald pick break at the bottom of layer 5... That was a long journey up.

#116 Before February 2015

Kirby

floddy sometimes when i go afk i dont have time to go from l4 to the top

#117 Before February 2015

Codfoshie

kirby1394 wrote:

floddy sometimes when i go afk i dont have time to go from l4 to the top

Therefore you should plan prior to it...
I usually go up 5 minutes before i have to leave, to have allowance of time.

#118 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Master1 wrote:

A few problems:

1 - Yes but then it's because you are the one lagging out, and what can I do about the lagkicks? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile nothing... It's an EE "bug". The only way to solve would be to disable the bot or let less people into the map... BUT!:

2 - Just updated the bot: Nonchatters won't be able to join the map if the map gets to full, but this is still a test because now more people with chat can join the map which slows the map more down which gives more lagkicks....

3 - Not possible, it's random.

#119 Before February 2015

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

FloddyFosh wrote:

1 - Yes but then it's because you are the one lagging out, and what can I do about the lagkicks? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile nothing... It's an EE "bug". The only way to solve would be to disable the bot or let less people into the map...

My best suggestion regarding this is that if you log out without storing, the bot automatically banks 1/3rd of the items in your bag (rounded to the nearest amount), so if you have 6 emeralds, you end up with 2. If you have 2 sapphires, you end up with 1. If you have 1 Ruby, you end up with 0.) I feel this would be enough of a sacrifice if someone chooses to leave and come back to store their items, but it would be enough of a solution for the people that do get lagkicked for them to gain compensation.

Xenonetix_2.png

#120 Before February 2015

BillyP

Like other people have said, you should really add like a !voterefill command that would refill the layer you're on/all layers once like one-third of the people on your layer/on all layers have voted.
Would be really useful when the level is busy and all layers are almost dug out completely //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Also,

!bank - Show the minerals you have stored in your bank vault.
!bag [playername] - Shows the bank of someone else.

!bag [playername] should be !bank [playername]

Last edited by BillyP (May 13 2012 5:07:23 pm)

#121 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

What if you make a little chat (like an IRC or something) and that's where all the messages are sent? Like you get a pm when something affects you. Less spam.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#122 Before February 2015

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

I'd like to say my thoughts regarding other people's suggestions throughout this thread. I have no power over what Floddy decides to do.

Bobithan wrote:

- Make a single coin on each layer spawn somewhere random. If somebody collects it, they will get 2-3 random ores. Once collected, it spawns somewhere else on the layer so there are always 6 coins. More common ores should be more likely to be found in coins, and rare ores should be less common. Rarer ores should get slightly more common for the coins each layer down.

Not a bad idea except that I would rather find a single Emerald in Layer 3 than find a 1 off coin and get 3 Iron. Probably not worth implementing.

Bobithan wrote:

- Currency. You can get this currency by selling ores you find. (Useful for getting rid of unwanted ores). The price for each ore is equal to the XP you earn from them.

Don't think this is needed. Ore works well enough as currency.

Bobithan wrote:

Ladder: Makes a column of up arrows in the layer you are currently in. Can only be used near the sides of the world. 3 blocks away from the wall should the the farthest. You can hold a max of 1.

Don't think this can be implemented unless the portal snake doesn't hit the edges. Not worth it.

Bobithan wrote:

TNT: Digs all blocks in a 5x5 square around you. You can hold a max of 5.

Not a bad idea. Might make more sense in terms of the bot to have rare blocks that "explode" a 5x5 area without killing you. Not sure on this.

Bobithan wrote:

X-Ray vision: Reveals minerals in an 8x8 square around you. You can hold a max of 3.

Doesn't work. The bot randomly decides whether a block is an ore or not when you mine it.

Bobithan wrote:

Home: Spawns a portal on top of you that teleports you to the top. You can hold a max of 2.

I would say a max of 1. Sounds ok except that it can be used by multiple people as it would have to be sent to a different portal from the "Death" portal. Probably won't happen.

Bobithan wrote:

Buddy: Spawns the yellow block with a face by you, then the face roams around for a while like the portal. This face digs instead of adding blocks, and all XP/Ores it collects go to you. You can hold a max of 1.

I like this idea except that if too many people use it at once, it could seriously slow down the level and lag people, so it probably isn't plausible.

Bobithan wrote:

Power drill: Instantly digs 5 blocks underneath you, regardless of what layer you are on. First you buy once, with full fuel. Then you can buy more fuel to use it more. It can hold enough fuel for 5 uses.

Sounds ok except I think it shouldn't be able to mine into a Level you haven't unlocked.

Bobithan wrote:

- Forts

Doubt these will ever happen. Can't see it working with the way the bot works.

doomy64 wrote:

Players actually drop items:
-When a player dies,a red sci-fi block is placed around that area(because if it was placed where the player died,the portal might eat it...).
-The player can retrieve the items if they get to the door in a period of time,based off of where they died at.
-When the time is up,it becomes a blue sci-fi block and anyone can get it(maybe they'll be kind enough to give it back? Yn8I7.png ).
-After another short period of time,the block goes away and the items are lost.

Not sure how well this could work. I think there are too many factors here to make this work. Would be nice though.

doomy64 wrote:

Teleports:
-Costs:
  -Layer 2: 1 silver
  -Layer 3: 1 amethyst
  -Layer 4: 1 emerald
  -Layer 5: 1 ruby
  -Layer 6: 1 diamond
-Can only be activated above ground
-Player must have sufficient level to mine in that layer to buy teleport to it
-If no empty space in the layer is found,a spot is cleared

Sounds reasonable although I think you would have to teleport to the top of the layer randomly spawning you somewhere along the line just above the layer you're teleporting to.

Muftwin wrote:

-daynight cycle

Just no. I wouldn't ever want the bank closed whilst the bot's on and the bot's not on forever, so it can't work.

coolmanman wrote:

Power ups; Like find one of these block it immediately activates. (your choice of block)
Suggestions for some are:
SuperSmash: One hit will brake any block for a time limit or an amount of blocks. (common)

Would probably clash with the chances of your pick breaking. It would also mean that people without a pick at all would be able to start one-hitting blocks. I don't think this is realistic.

coolmanman wrote:

Double Xp: As it says, this will double the xp you get for a limited amount of time. (uncommon)
Double Ore: Double the ore you find for the next 5-10 ores you find. (rare)

However nice it would be, it just seems like an unfair bonus unless you could get "Half XP" and "Half Ore" too, which people would hate.

coolmanman wrote:

Long Reach: Destroys two blocks in the direction you want to go for a limited amount of time. (rare)

I like this. Not sure how to implement it, but it sounds like it could be done.

coolmanman wrote:

Invincibility: Make you unable to die for a limited amount of time. (uncommon)

Impossible due to the nature of the portal snake.

coolmanman wrote:

There could even be bad power ups like:
Thief: Takes away all or half of what blocks you have collected but you remain underground. (uncommon)
Instant Death: As it says, Kills you, sends you to the start and takes your blocks away. (might make people angry though) (rare)
Weakened: Makes you have to hit a block 2 or 3 times no matter what pick you have and no matter what level you are on. (common)

I get that these would be to even up the odds, but everyone would hate these. That said, I think it would be ok to have "Bad ore" in that you could be digging and come across a Hazard Block which, if you continue mining it, puts portals all around it teleporting you to the start again and killing you in the same way as the snake. I think that should only be implemented if positive powerups could be found too though.

BillyP wrote:

Like other people have said, you should really add like a !voterefill command that would refill the layer you're on/all layers once like one-third of the people on your layer/on all layers have voted.

It would make more sense to refill if a percentage of that layer has been removed. According to my calculations (which could be wrong), there are 5978 blocks per layer. It could automatically refill a layer if it got to under 600 blocks left in the layer (for example).

Finally, my own suggestion. Floddy, please add "all" to the number inputs so that we could do commands like "!elive all coal" without having to check how much coal we have first. Similarly "!give all silver" or "!give all gold" (as examples) would be nice.

Xenonetix_2.png

#123 Before February 2015

killingpepper123

Mega Lamb wrote:

I'd like to say my thoughts regarding other people's suggestions throughout this thread. I have no power over what Floddy decides to do.

I'm sad you didn't pronounce yourself for my idea (glass thing)   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I have another one: we could find fossiles! Ex.: 4 blocks forming a fossilized worm or something... Good or not?

#124 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Mega Lamb wrote:
Bobithan wrote:

Ladder

Don't think this can be implemented unless the portal snake doesn't hit the edges. Not worth it.

I was thinking how the ladder gets "damaged" over time by the snake/block regen, so people would be encouraged to make more ladders.

MegaLamb wrote:
Bobithan wrote:

X-Ray vision

Doesn't work. The bot randomly decides whether a block is an ore or not when you mine it.

I know that. The way I though it might work is it "digs" the blocks around you. If it doesn't find anything in a block, it doesn't remove the block but if it finds and ore it stays for you to dig your way to it.

Thanks for all the feedback //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Bobithan (May 13 2012 6:37:52 pm)

#125 Before February 2015

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

killingpepper123 wrote:
Mega Lamb wrote:

I'm sad you didn't pronounce yourself for my idea (glass thing)   //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

If it didn't make a difference to the gameplay, I didn't analyse the suggestions. Glass blocks are purely preferences.

killingpepper123 wrote:

I have another one: we could find fossiles! Ex.: 4 blocks forming a fossilized worm or something... Good or not?

Could work although I don't see that it would add anything to the gameplay unless you could mine those fossils for Carbon or something. Otherwise, it would just get in the way and be annoying I fear.

Xenonetix_2.png

Moukdaboss1426888077484995

Board footer