Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#451 Before February 2015

Cool12309

Re: Floddy DigBot "I Can Dig It"

FloddyFosh wrote:
Cool12309 wrote:

As a way of getting unstuck, can't you just put a portal where the player is and have the id to the death portal, but it won't count as a death?

Yes I could, the problem is when alot of portals are spreaded around the level because of lag. Then I can't place more portals because of the max limit =/

Since the portals are spawned right on the player, it can be removed immediately. Also, to prevent it from abuse, make it so the player is the only one in a 3x3 area around the portal.

#452 Before February 2015

Bobithan

It's easy to bypass the teleport filter by going a few blocks underground then coming back up.

No... I didn't teleport to test this out...

aka towwl

#453 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

For some reason I can't get in.. Am I banned or something?

#454 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Pyromaniac wrote:

For some reason I can't get in.. Am I banned or something?

Because of how much is going on in the world, it's hard to enter.

aka towwl

#455 Before February 2015

Djrulz

Bobithan wrote:

It's easy to bypass the teleport filter by going a few blocks underground then coming back up.

Or they could use !give to an alt,relog,!give back,and store

#456 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Djrulz wrote:
Bobithan wrote:

Or they could use !give to an alt,relog,!give back,and store

You have to be on the same layer to do !give

aka towwl

#457 Before February 2015

snerdly456

ok hey floddy can you let EVERYONE dig?;)

#458 Before February 2015

Detonater

snerdly456 wrote:

He won't because there are commands that you HAVE to use in order to dig. Non chatters will never be able to dig. If you want to play it, get chat for 1 cent //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#459 Before February 2015

killingpepper123

My dad was trying to buy me the donator pick, but when we got on the site, it was Danish, Swiss or something really weird. Could you please set it to English FloddyFosh?

Last edited by killingpepper123 (May 29 2012 8:56:01 pm)

#460 Before February 2015

St Cool

There is a translate thing in the top right corner.

#461 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Bobithan wrote:

If you didn't teleport its indeed easy to bypass it =/

killingpepper123 wrote:

My dad was trying to buy me the donator pick, but when we got on the site, it was Danish, Swiss or something really weird. Could you please set it to English FloddyFosh?

Ill take a look at it today //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Detonater wrote:
snerdly456 wrote:

He won't because there are commands that you HAVE to use in order to dig. Non chatters will never be able to dig. If you want to play it, get chat for 1 cent //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

This

Detonater wrote:

I bought the Donator pick. When should I get it?

Now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Sorry for being so short, I'm at school right now //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by FloddyFosh (May 30 2012 1:15:32 am)

#462 Before February 2015

kittco36

Bobithan wrote:

And now I will be putting my suggestion post here
I'm going to add all my suggestions to this post.

--

- Make a single coin on each layer spawn somewhere random. If somebody collects it, they will get 2-3 random ores. Once collected, it spawns somewhere else on the layer so there are always 6 coins. More common ores should be more likely to be found in coins, and rare ores should be less common. Rarer ores should get slightly more common for the coins each layer down

- Currency. You can get this currency by selling ores you find. (Useful for getting rid of unwanted ores)
The price for each ore is equal to the XP you earn from them.

- Store
With the "currency", you can buy items.
Ladder: Makes a column of up arrows in the layer you are currently in. Can only be used near the sides of the world. 3 blocks away from the wall should the the farthest. You can hold a max of 1. Cost: $300
TNT: Digs all blocks in a 5x5 square around you. You can hold a max of 5. Cost: $75
X-Ray vision: Reveals minerals in an 8x8 square around you. You can hold a max of 3. Cost: $350
Home: Spawns a portal on top of you that teleports you to the top. You can hold a max of 2. Cost: $150
Buddy: Spawns the yellow block with a face by you, then the face roams around for a while like the portal. This face digs instead of adding blocks, and all XP/Ores it collects go to you. You can hold a max of 1. Cost: $600
Power drill: Instantly digs 5 blocks underneath you, regardless of what layer you are on. First you buy once, with full fuel. Then you can buy more fuel to use it more. It can hold enough fuel for 5 uses. Drill cost: $450. Feul for 1 use: $75

- Forts. You can make these forts for the cost of ores.
http://i.imgur.com/58qog.png (Assuming you have the Halloween pack)
Tier 1 fort: Door has to be opened manually. It protects you against portals only 80% of the time. No Internet connection. Costs 25 coal + 15 iron.
Tier 2 fort: Door has to be opened manually. Protects you against portals 90% of the time. No Internet connection. Costs 40 coal + 20 iron + 5 silver + 1 gold
Tier 3 fort: Door has wireless setting, but you have to be within 10 blocks of fort. Protects you 96% of the time. No Internet connection. Costs 45 coal + 30 iron + 10 silver + 3 gold + 1 amethyst
Tier 4 fort: Door can be opened from anywhere. Protects you 98% of the time. Internet connection. Costs 60 coal + 45 iron + 25 silver + 5 gold + 2 amethyst + 1 sapphire.
Tier 5 fort: Door can be opened from anywhere. Protects you 99% of the time. Internet connection. Ability to give other people permission to use. Costs 75 coal + 50 iron + 40 silver + 10 gold + 5 sapphire + 2 emerald
Tier 6 fort: Door can be opened from anywhere. Zaps portals. Internet connection. Permissions. Costs 90 coal + 60 iron + 45 silver + 12 gold + 8 sapphire + 4 emerald + 2 ruby

Guidelines:
Fort cannot be withing 10 blocks of the wall
Limit of 1 fort per person

Why the big prices? When you buy a fort you have that fort until you run out of lives (which is likely never).
What about fort spam? To prevent clutter, when somebody logs off their fort gets erased automatically.
What about other people coming in my fort? Forts are made to be shared. Let other people use them, or politely ask them to go away.

Stuff:
Manually opening door - You have to be touching the door to open it.
Protection - The forts mainly serve as protection against portals if you don't feel like going all the way back up to the surface, in case you need to tab somewhere else or go afk for a bit. If a portal penetrates a fort, the fort disappears. If it doesn't, the portal turns and goes somewhere else.
Portal zapper - Kills any portal that comes within 3 blocks of the fort
Internet - Gives the user access to the bank when inside the fort.

Fort commands:
!fort - Tells you what tier fort you currently have
!buildfort - Builds the current fort you own where you are sitting. If you do not have a fort, it will automatically build a Tier 1 fort.
!upgradefort - Upgrades your fort up 1 tier.
!o - Opens door. The "door" is the top 2 blocks of the fort.
!c - Closes door.
!givepermission [user] - Allows [user] to use your fort.
!ungivepermission [user] - Takes [user]'s permissions away.

- New leaderboard.
"Overall score" leaderboard.
For each leaderboard but the overall score one, 1st place should give 50 points, 2nd 49, 3rd 48, 4th 47, and so on until 50 gives 1 point. The "Overall Score" board would be all of the scores added up.

what a GREAT idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
seriously floddy, u should add this in (if possible)

#463 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Updates for today:

- Added coins! A new currency to trade with //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile, because of the many requests.. Choose your own prices for the ores and stuff //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

Commands:

!money or !coins.
You can also trade with coins! (!trade floddyfosh 1 coal 100 coins).

- Working on crystals. COnfimed commands:

!spell [spellname]
!spells
!cast
!cast [spellname]

- Tried to fix the teleport bug.

- Added a daily gold bonus! If you log in every day on the level, you get more and more coins //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile!
- Added coins to the chest.

#464 Before February 2015

Detonater

Okay so it's on but it not showing up in the menu and my other account Detonator is banned from it? WHat is going on?

#465 Before February 2015

Master1

Now that we have coins, Bobithans store idea would be pretty neat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#466 Before February 2015

DK Levels

Okay for some reason this does not show up in my lobby //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#467 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Detonater wrote:

Okay so it's on but it not showing up in the menu and my other account Detonator is banned from it? WHat is going on?

It's not in lobby because of EE bug, it's ghosted...

And You're not in the banlist =/, so you aren't banned by me ;o

#468 Before February 2015

Detonater

FloddyFosh wrote:
Detonater wrote:

It's not in lobby because of EE bug, it's ghosted...

And You're not in the banlist =/, so you aren't banned by me ;o

Weird, maybe it will be fixed soon idk.

EDIT: Would it work if you shut down the level and restarted it?

Last edited by Detonater (May 30 2012 2:52:03 pm)

#469 Before February 2015

Bobithan

To cut down on spam, remove the [DIGBot] from bot messages, or make it say something like [Dig], [Bot], or [DB]

aka towwl

#470 Before February 2015

meowman2

1. the bot lags (okay, all bots lag a bit)
2. materials are too rare (good challenge)
3. Every5 minutes could it /loadleve?
4. often times some stray portals will stop
5. Could you get Aslai to help make this into a fully functional flash game?
6. Armour- crafted with 8 ore, recovers 1 item from bag on contact w/ snake for every level- coal armour=level one, iron=level two.

#471 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Bobithan wrote:

To cut down on spam, remove the [DIGBot] from bot messages, or make it say something like [Dig], [Bot], or [DB]

Changed it into [DB], will be visible in next update //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#472 Before February 2015

fuuzy98

With the spell -( XPB -> XP per block - Gives you 1 xp for every block you dig.)
Dose it give you 1xp for every block you dig or 1xp for 1st layer, 2xp for 2nd layer, 3xp for 3rd or something like that?

Last edited by fuuzy98 (May 30 2012 4:23:50 pm)

#473 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

fuuzy98 wrote:

With the spell -( XPB -> XP per block - Gives you 1 xp for every block you dig.)
Dose it give you 1xp for every block you dig or 1xp for 1st layer, 2xp for 2nd layer, 3xp for 3rd or something like that?

Exactly as it is saying. 1 xp for every block in every layer //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

#474 Before February 2015

Skyler

Well This is gonna be a dumb question.. but Like The coins are a good idea but you cant really do much with them besides trade for ores.. could you possibly have a store on the bot for theIm.. or would that be to laggy?
Maybe (!market) or (!ostore)----> !buy 50 coal---> it would then take your coins. Ore should not be cheap but expensive..ish

Last edited by Skyler (May 30 2012 4:34:43 pm)

#475 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Skyler wrote:

Well This is gonna be a dumb question.. but Like The coins are a good idea but you cant really do much with them besides trade for ores.. could you possibly have a store on the bot for theIm.. or would that be to laggy?
Maybe (!market) or (!ostore)----> !buy 50 coal---> it would then take your coins. Ore should not be cheap but expensive..ish

Or maybe buy the power-ups like in my post //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

aka towwl

Moukdaboss1426888077484995

Board footer