Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#401 Before February 2015

ECC

Re: Floddy DigBot "I Can Dig It"

fuuzy98 wrote:

floddyfosh you need to try make it so there isn't portals jst laying anywhere around the map because some people have heeps of stuff and the just fall in them //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

For the same reason that .spawn will not happen, This cant be fixed any time soon by current knowlage. There is no way to check for blocks without MASSIVELY inducing lag. The stationary portals are caused by lag to begin with anyways, sooo...
Floddy: simple fix for portal snakes: Extend snake length. front half of snake is portal, back half places blocks. Like having a normal snake follow a portal snake. This cleans up 'dropped' portals when certain amounts of lag occur. Not a perfect fix, but its simple enough to get most issues.

#402 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

haunter wrote:

when do we get to store pickaxes?

Already possible, try !switchpick and !bankpick

ECC wrote:
fuuzy98 wrote:

floddyfosh you need to try make it so there isn't portals jst laying anywhere around the map because some people have heeps of stuff and the just fall in them //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

For the same reason that .spawn will not happen, This cant be fixed any time soon by current knowlage. There is no way to check for blocks without MASSIVELY inducing lag. The stationary portals are caused by lag to begin with anyways, sooo...
Floddy: simple fix for portal snakes: Extend snake length. front half of snake is portal, back half places blocks. Like having a normal snake follow a portal snake. This cleans up 'dropped' portals when certain amounts of lag occur. Not a perfect fix, but its simple enough to get most issues.

Thanks for your idea! But sadly this is wat my bot is already doing. I already tried other stuff like waiting for a message that the portal has been build, but this made the snake incredibly slow =/

Edit:

Thank you 'unbalanced' and 'PokerulerOrc' for your donations //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile! As a thank you you both have received the *Donator*-pickaxe.

Also I updated a link to a much bigger Leaderboard, because this forum i restricting me threads for over 64kb.

Last edited by FloddyFosh (May 26 2012 11:01:21 am)

#403 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Isn't 1 tap on every layer way too over powered?

Last edited by Bobithan (May 26 2012 12:32:13 pm)

aka towwl

#404 Before February 2015

DylanDaSkater

Bobithan wrote:

Isn't 1 tap on every layer way too over powered?

There's a catch to that pick //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#405 Before February 2015

TheRealGtaa

I love the Dig Bot lvl but EE is crashed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
OFF TOPIC: BENJE00 check your PM

#406 Before February 2015

Muffin

Does the donator pick mine crystals?

#407 Before February 2015

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Muffin wrote:

Does the donator pick mine crystals?

Yes, but only when you're level 100 and up.

Xenonetix-2.png

#408 Before February 2015

Kirby

nice ms excel docs megalamb

#409 Before February 2015

Buzzerbee
Forum Admin

BuzzerBee's Exchanges!

Click above link to see my complete store, or go to http://bit.ly/BShop01

(Note: Prices are subject to change)

Please allow up to 7 days before items are received. I am a busy person until school ends!

Last edited by BuzzerBee (May 26 2012 8:18:35 pm)

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#410 Before February 2015

killingpepper123

kp123.jpg

If you want anything, well...no.

#411 Before February 2015

theditor

Obviously, if you are level 1-2-3, it is pretty annoying...
But if you reach level 8-9, it becomes very fun //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I look forward for further updates!

<3 this!

#412 Before February 2015

DylanDaSkater

theditor wrote:

Obviously, if you are level 1-2-3, it is pretty annoying...
But if you reach level 100-200, it becomes very fun //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I look forward for further updates!

<3 this!

Fixed.

#413 Before February 2015

Master1

^by the time you reach level 100 you'll be bored out of your mind. I think his is a bit closer to the fun state lol

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#414 Before February 2015

PokerulerOrc

Frickin hell. 1 life for every dig. OTT, very much. Damn you.

EDIT: Oh well, it means more boring coding for you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by PokerulerOrc (May 27 2012 3:30:50 am)

#415 Before February 2015

DylanDaSkater

Master1 wrote:

^by the time you reach level 100 you'll be bored out of your mind. I think his is a bit closer to the fun state lol

That was kinda the point, Lol but look at godofwar, at like 70 some...

#416 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Helllooooo //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile!

Thanks for the donations, pickaxes have been given away again.

I'm sorry about the ghosted bot today, luckily I got a message from someone so I could fix it fast.

Also in respond to the messages above, it will probably be much easier in future to get more xp. Because I'm trying my best to implement the crystal spells at the moment. With these spells you can cast things like double xp and double ores. Lower levels will be able to cast the spell if they have the right crystal. Only downside thing is that the spell will last longer the higher your level is. I think I'm going to set the minimum to 1 minute or so.

Not only that! It will also be possible in the future to get these spells out of chests! (A random spell, not the crystal.) So be sure to collect and store some chests!

After these updates I will add some stuff suggested by you in the above posts //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile!

Last but not least: The Leaderboards and the full leaderboard on pastebin (link on OP) are updated!

Happy mining!

#417 Before February 2015

theditor

That seems awesome!
But, activate the bot soon again, please //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

~Bier

#418 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

theditor wrote:

That seems awesome!
But, activate the bot soon again, please //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

~Bier

It is on //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile, try rejoining through lobby //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#419 Before February 2015

skullz17

When I have the skill, I will make a bot like this except for non-chatters(you don't need a pickaxe you just dig).

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#420 Before February 2015

222hockey222

Earlier today I got the donator pick. I started trying it out in layer 6 but I found a bug. If you start digging right, then dig one up, you can't keep digging right until you move away from the block and go back. This means I can't dig the way most people do (the 2 lines at a time way).

So I don't want to use the donator pick until this is fixed :/

#421 Before February 2015

killingpepper123

222hockey222 wrote:

Earlier today I got the donator pick. I started trying it out in layer 6 but I found a bug. If you start digging right, then dig one up, you can't keep digging right until you move away from the block and go back. This means I can't dig the way most people do (the 2 lines at a time way).

Maybe it's supposed to be like this! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#422 Before February 2015

Bobithan

Each 5 levels the taps it takes on each layer decreases by one right?
And without a pick it's 50 taps on layer 6?

Then doesn't that mean by level 250 you can 1 tap layer 6 without a pick, making Crystal of Riches and Ancient Crystal picks worthless?
I guess you could give them to lower leveled friends or trade them. I might be wrong about the first 2 statements though.
EDIT: Also, could you make a second pastebin listing all players in alphabetical order, saying what pick they have?

Last edited by Bobithan (May 27 2012 12:55:01 pm)

aka towwl

#423 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

222hockey222 wrote:

This is probably caused because I had to be sure that 1 live is taken away everytime you dig a block and not multiple because of spam tapping. I will try if I can find a fix for this.

Bobithan wrote:

Each 5 levels the taps it takes on each layer decreases by one right?
And without a pick it's 50 taps on layer 6?

Then doesn't that mean by level 250 you can 1 tap layer 6 without a pick, making Crystal of Riches and Ancient Crystal picks worthless?
I guess you could give them to lower leveled friends or trade them. I might be wrong about the first 2 statements though.

Eeuhm, yes, so that's why I implemented that it's only possible to find crystals with magical pickaxes. Second, these magical pickaxes will have a longer durability, but they are less stronger then the normal pickaxes (Think of negative hits) to compensate this. Also these values are beta/test fase and I might alter them a bit depending on how it goes and how you guys respond on it. It's important for me that the game is enjoyable but not too easy.

Bobithan wrote:

EDIT: Also, could you make a second pastebin listing all players in alphabetical order, saying what pick they have?

I could, but why would you need this? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Also I'm looking into why my bot doesn't want to connect atm. Has to do with EE?

Last edited by FloddyFosh (May 27 2012 1:36:04 pm)

#424 Before February 2015

DylanDaSkater

FloddyFosh wrote:
222hockey222 wrote:

This is probably caused because I had to be sure that 1 live is taken away everytime you dig a block and not multiple because of spam tapping. I will try if I can find a fix for this.

Same.. I have found that out too

FloddyFosh wrote:

Helllooooo //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile!

Thanks for the donations, pickaxes have been given away again.

I'm sorry about the ghosted bot today, luckily I got a message from someone so I could fix it fast.

Also in respond to the messages above, it will probably be much easier in future to get more xp. Because I'm trying my best to implement the crystal spells at the moment. With these spells you can cast things like double xp and double ores. Lower levels will be able to cast the spell if they have the right crystal. Only downside thing is that the spell will last longer the higher your level is. I think I'm going to set the minimum to 1 minute or so.

Not only that! It will also be possible in the future to get these spells out of chests! (A random spell, not the crystal.) So be sure to collect and store some chests!

After these updates I will add some stuff suggested by you in the above posts //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile!

Last but not least: The Leaderboards and the full leaderboard on pastebin (link on OP) are updated!

Happy mining!

If you really wanted.. You could make a profit off of this, people pay to buy these spells....

Last edited by DylanDaSkater (May 27 2012 1:38:28 pm)

#425 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Little Update:

First all Magical Pickaxes were draining 1 life per dug block. But because magical pickaxes are slow because of their negative hitrate (Except for the *Donator* pick, which can 1-tap layers) I changed the way they drain lives. *Donator* pickaxes still drain 1 life per block. Other pickaxes made inside the game will drain lives at a slower rate, and can be slowened more by hardening it. This is to compensate a bit with the *Donator* pickaxe. This way people have the choice between choosing a fast pickaxe which drains a lot of lives, or pickaxeS! which can break and dig slower but don't drain alot of lives.

In my opinion this way the *Donator* pickaxe is still a much better choice, but the other pickaxes are not so bad now too //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Also because it is possible to switch pickaxes underground I changed the way it represents your second pick. It's actually in your bag now instead of your bank, but you can't see it with the command !bag. Although for convenience I left in the !bankpick command, but I added !bagpick and !pick2

Last edited by FloddyFosh (May 27 2012 4:13:46 pm)

Moukdaboss1426888077484995

Board footer