Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#301 Before February 2015

killingpepper123

Re: Floddy DigBot "I Can Dig It"

You could had more minerals, like steel, quartz, etc... But it's just an idea. I'm satisfied with the minerals I can find //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#302 Before February 2015

AndreiTan

Hmm... I don't think you can find steel underground, since you have to create it manually by mixing iron and a few minerals. Quartz is like stone :/

But the mixing should be an idea so we can craft better minerals.

#303 Before February 2015

222hockey222

AndreiTan wrote:

But the mixing should be an idea so we can craft better minerals.

I think that's a really good idea!

#304 Before February 2015

AndreiTan

Compounds:

Bronze: Copper+Tin

(You can tell me what other compounds can be made here...because I don't know what the other mineral used with iron to make steel is.)

#305 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

BossCreaterof2011 wrote:

1) What would be nice was if you added a thing on the main forum post that tells if the bot is online, offline, or updating.

Will do.

BossCreaterof2011 wrote:

2) A changelog to see what was added and when it was added

Ill try, but the thread is already long //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile...

BossCreaterof2011 wrote:

3) a) The !breakpick command should give more than one xp, like coal still gives 1 when broken, breaking an iron one will give 2, the silver one gives 5, gold gives 10, etc. (corrisponding to how much xp the ore gives when mined.)

b) If the pick is upgraded, its gives double the xp for each level of upgrade for the !breakpick command.

c) To prevent just creating a pick and destroying it for xp, make it so you have to have used the pick or had the pick for a certain amount of time before you can break it, or you can only break a pick every so often, like every 10 min.

d) As a counter effect to the breaking a pick more than once in 10 min, add another command !burnpick/!killpick that incinerates the pick and gives no xp.

You've never broken an other pickaxe then coal did you? Because it already gives more xp for better pickaxes //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. I will not add the countereffect because it's only a small xp you get.

BossCreaterof2011 wrote:

4) a) Way back when, (like 3-6 days ago, i think), there was coins scattered in the hard to reach areas of the ground level, (like in the sun, on top of the houses, blah blah blah).

b) Make it a daily elective, that when you get all the coins, you go thru a coin door, and you can get a special prize, and the prize corresponds to your level/rank.

c) This can only be completed daily, and add a leaderboard for top number of finishers, and a list of people who have finished it every day so far.

Maybe, but coins are easy to hack.

BossCreaterof2011 wrote:

5) Add a pickaxe dig chart for all picks and thier upgrades, (showshow fast this pick with this upgrade digs in this layer,
plus add that it takes ( digs/taps minus ( level/5) unless digs/taps is <1) to dig in this layer. If knew how and if it was consistent i would do it myself, but...im lazy to collect the data on my own.

My current guess on the how fast it digs:

base digs for layer with no pickaxe: (will update info on base digs when i get to it)
Layer 1: Layer 2: Layer 3: Layer 4: Layer 5: Layer 6:

(base layer digs for each layer) - (pickaxe tier + pickaxe upgrade + (level/5 rounded down)= taps to dig for each layer

If im wrong please correct me Floody //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I'm lazy ;o, there are 6*10=60 pickaxes right now and im adding about 6*6 more ;o

AndreiTan wrote:

Compounds:

(You can tell me what other compounds can be made here...because I don't know what the other mineral used with iron to make steel is.)

No, there are enough pickaxes that you can make //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.
1: This will also make the bot more laggy, spammy and complexer.
2: There are already gonna be new pickaxes -> crystals.

#306 Before February 2015

BossCreaterof2011

Ok then, i guess ill start collecting info //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#307 Before February 2015

BossCreaterof2011

FloddyFosh wrote:
BossCreaterof2011 wrote:

3) a) The !breakpick command should give more than one xp, like coal still gives 1 when broken, breaking an iron one will give 2, the silver one gives 5, gold gives 10, etc. (corrisponding to how much xp the ore gives when mined.)

b) If the pick is upgraded, its gives double the xp for each level of upgrade for the !breakpick command.

c) To prevent just creating a pick and destroying it for xp, make it so you have to have used the pick or had the pick for a certain amount of time before you can break it, or you can only break a pick every so often, like every 10 min.

d) As a counter effect to the breaking a pick more than once in 10 min, add another command !burnpick/!killpick that incinerates the pick and gives no xp.

You've never broken an other pickaxe then coal did you? Because it already gives more xp for better pickaxes //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. I will not add the countereffect because it's only a small xp you get.

yea ive broken several gold and sapphire pickaxes, never got more than 1 xp for um

#308 Before February 2015

BossCreaterof2011

FloddyFosh wrote:
AndreiTan wrote:

Compounds:

No, there are enough pickaxes that you can make //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.
1: This will also make the bot more laggy, spammy and complexer.
2: There are already gonna be new pickaxes -> crystals.

Actually, smelting ( like in Minecraft ) could be a nice use for coal, because right now its only use is for getting lives from it.
Add a new command that only works at the surface in one of the building, !smelt
What it does is it will take like 10 or 5 coal, and the second arguement its provides will turn it into another item, and those minerals cant be made into pickaxes, but other uses instead.

#309 Before February 2015

kingjamstar

Sorry for minimoding but try not to triple post   BossCreaterof2011

#310 Before February 2015

AndreiTan

Um, where's the post about the update with the new crystals?

#311 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

AndreiTan wrote:

Um, where's the post about the update with the new crystals?

Im still working on them, they are not officially released yet. I only gave some information about them on thread.
It's a huge amount of code to be added. Therefor I'm not gonna implement smelting with coal etc like others suggested. It will take you long enough to even find an Ancient Crystal (level 500) hehe //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile, should be enough of a challenge.

BossCreaterof2011 wrote:
FloddyFosh wrote:

'Snip'

yea ive broken several gold and sapphire pickaxes, never got more than 1 xp for um

You were totally right, some missplaced '(' and ')' gave 1xp for better pickaxes. This has been changed now, but still it's only a tiny bit of xp!

Last edited by FloddyFosh (May 21 2012 7:37:38 am)

#312 Before February 2015

killingpepper123

FloddyFosh wrote:

. It will take you long enough to even find an Ancient Crystal (level 500) hehe //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile, should be enough of a challenge.

WOW! Level 500?! It will take me about a YEAR to get there! But I love challenges and I will take this one on!

#313 Before February 2015

kalamakhs

FloddyFosh wrote:
Muffin wrote:

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile New thread! Nice job.

Add our stuff about the layers and ores plz?

EDIT: And some highscores //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Working on it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

can you give the link for download?

#314 Before February 2015

haunter

didnt you read the thread   floddy isnt releasing this out to public -.-

#315 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

Sorry about the lag today =/, I'm in my students room again where internet connection is kinda laggy and slow. It's not caused by the bot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Edit: Let me search for some better internet connection =/

Last edited by FloddyFosh (May 21 2012 10:06:56 am)

#316 Before February 2015

theditor

One thing you should really fix is when i enter the level,it automatically sends me back in lobby. Very rarely i can enter it with no problems.
That is the main reason why i hat that level.  

By the way,these people who have levels over 100 are really nolifer-alike //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#317 Before February 2015

222hockey222

theditor wrote:

By the way,these people who have levels over 100 are really nolifer-alike //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Nobody has level 100 yet, and I don't even think anyone is halfway experience-wise.

#318 Before February 2015

killingpepper123

222hockey222 wrote:
theditor wrote:

Nobody has level 100 yet, and I don't even think anyone is halfway experience-wise.

Well, maybe Godofwar. He has level 74 and about 513 000 xp. MAYBE he's half-way. But I'm not sure.

#319 Before February 2015

TheRealGtaa

Look its a SpamBot in FLD lvl:

spamlolee.png

#320 Before February 2015

Master1

theditor wrote:

One thing you should really fix is when i enter the level,it automatically sends me back in lobby. Very rarely i can enter it with no problems.
That is the main reason why i hat that level.  

Same thing for me, It's really irritating. The times I can play I crash in about 2-5 minutes, losing all my ores. For me it's about as lucky to get stuff to the top safely, as it is to find a painite in layer 1.

Also... floddy you seem to know a lot about computers and crap because you made this bot... do you know anyway I can stop the lag kicks? I know it's not my connection or PC, because EE is the only thing it happens on. I always feel like I'm the only one this is happening to.

What annoys me the most is I used to be 10 levels ahead of my friend, now due to this issue I'm 3 levels behind him //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#321 Before February 2015

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Let's reduce this down:

!help - Shows list of commands ingame.

Not needed any more. Just causes extra lag.

!bag - Show the minerals you are carrying in your bag.
!bag [playername] - Shows the bag of someone else.
!mbag - Shows your magical items and crystals in your magical bag.
!mbag [playername] - Shows the magical bag of someone else.
!bank - Show the minerals you have stored in your bank vault.
!bank [playername] - Shows the bank of someone else.
!mbank - Shows your magical items and crystals in your magical bank.
!mbank [playername] - Shows the magical bank of someone else.

Although I understand why you have these separate, I think you should keep the bags separate, but merge the banks.

!store - Store all items from your bag in your bank vault.
!store [ore] - Store everyting of a particular ore from your bag in your bank vault.
!store [amount] [ore] - Store a certain amount from your bag in your bank vault.

Should all save data along with logging out and bot crash. No other commands should save data.

!unstore(/!withdraw) - Unstore all items from your bank vault in your bag.

I've never seen anyone want to withdraw everything from their bank, but it might not be worth removing that command since it's presumably programmed with the two below. My only worry is the danger of accidentally doing this and then getting lag-kicked. Entire bank lost.

!unstore [ore] - Unstore everyting of a particular ore from your bank vault in your bag.
!unstore [amount] [ore] - Unstore a certain amount from your bank vault in your bag.
!stats - Show your current level, xp and more.
!xp - Show your current xp and the xp needed to level up.
!xp [playername] - Shows the xp of someone else.
!level - Shows your current level.
!level [playername] - Shows the level of someone else.
!craft [ore] - Craft a pickaxe made of this ore, you need 3 the same ores to create it.
!harden - Hardens your pickaxe, increases strength and durability.
!harden [playername] [ore] - Hardens the pickaxe of someone else.
!pick - Shows the pickaxe you are currently holding.)
(!pick [playername] - Shows the pick someone else is holding.
!breakpick - Breaks the pick you are holding and gives some xp.

Fine.

!elive [ore] - Exchange an ore for some lives.
!elive [amount] [ore] - Exchange multiple pieces of an ore for some lives.

I think it's a little unfair that if you do "!elive 1 coal" it doesn't allow it...

!givelives [amount] [playername] - Gives multiple lives to that player.
!givelife [playername] - Gives one life to that player.
!give [playername] [amount] [ore] - Give a player some of your ores.
!givepick [playername] - Give the pickaxe you are holding to a player.

Fine.

!givepick [ore] [playername] - Craft a pickaxe from this ore for a player.

This is the only command including "playername" that has the order this way round. I often get it wrong which results in me giving the player the pick I'm holding instead.

![ore] - Shows you how many of that ore you have in your bank vault.
!b[ore] - Shows you how many of that ore you have in your bag.
(![ore] [playername] - Shows you how many of that ore someone has in their bank vault.)
(!b[ore] [playername] - Shows you how many of that ore someone has in their bag.)
(!lamp(s) - See how many lamps you have in your Magical Bank.)
(!chest(s) - See how many chests you have in your Magical Bank.)
(!lamp(s) - See how many lamps someone has in their Magical Bank.)
(!chest(s) - See how many chests someone has in their Magical Bank.)
!openlamp - Open one of your Magical Lamps and see whats inside!
!openchest - Open one of your Magical Chests and see whats inside!
!layers - Shows the level requirement for all layers.
!dug - Shows you how many blocks you have dug.
!thread - Shows the link to this thread.

Fine - You may have noticed I've been adding missing commands in brackets in the quotes.

!online - Shows the amount of chatplayer online, except for the bot self.
!save - Save your data on the spot!
!lastlog [playername] - Shows the day and time when the player logged in for the last time.
!myid - Returns your id.

I can understand why you (Floddy) would need this information, but I don't see why any of these have to be implemented as commands (except for maybe lastlog).

!trade [playername] [offeramount] [offerore] [receiveamount] [receiveore] - Creates a trade.
!trade [playername] harden pickaxe ruby pickaxe - Other ways of trading.

Except for the first day you implemented this, I have yet to see anyone use the latter command. The trade command is very useful for me although many people think it's unused. I understand its use, but to "harden pickaxe" or give a player a pickaxe, most of the time, the player that wants the item gives the ore to the person that would "trade" beforehand, thus making the second command redundant.

!undotrade(/!cancel?) - Cancels your last trade you created.
!accepttrade ([playername]) - Accept the trade that the player made.
!declinetrade ([playername]) - Declines the trade that the player made.
(!accept - Accepts a randomly outstanding trade.)
(!decline - Declines a randomly outstanding trade.)

Fine.

!records - Shows a list of commands for records.

Never seen it used. Don't think it's needed.

!mostxp - Shows the user with the most xp.
!most[ore] - Shows the user with the most ore.
!mostdeaths - Shows the user with the most deaths.
!mostlives - Shows the user with the most lives.
!mostdug - Shows the user that dug the most blocks.

Fine.

!totalplayers - Shows the amount of times chatters have logged in.
!totaldata - Shows the amount of files stored on my laptop to save all your data.

However interesting these tidbits of information might be, I don't think they're needed at all. The first one is completely inaccurate anyway due to the number of times people log in and get instantly kicked.

!totaldug - Shows the amount of blocks dug by everyone.
!totaldeaths - Shows the amount of deaths for everyone.

Fine.

Xenonetix-2.png

#322 Before February 2015

BillyP

Mega Lamb wrote:

This is the only command including "playername" that has the order this way round. I often get it wrong which results in me giving the player the pick I'm holding instead.

!givepick [ore] [playername] should maybe be replaced with !craftfor [playername] [ore] or something similar, but different, to !givepick in order to prevent accidentally giving away your pick?

Last edited by BillyP (May 21 2012 4:44:45 pm)

#323 Before February 2015

FloddyFosh

BillyP wrote:
Mega Lamb wrote:

!givepick [ore] [playername] should maybe be replaced with !craftfor [playername] [ore] or something similar, but different, to !givepick in order to prevent accidentally giving away your pick?

Did this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. Will be available in next update //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. Tnx BillyP!

#324 Before February 2015

BillyP

FloddyFosh wrote:
BillyP wrote:
Mega Lamb wrote:

Did this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. Will be available in next update //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile. Tnx BillyP!

Sweet, thanks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#325 Before February 2015

killingpepper123

Idea: You could had a 7th upgrade to the pick you are using.

-It would dig 1.5-2 time faster than the "Legendary" one.
-It would cost 50 ore to upgrade.
-It would be called "Invincible"
-It will have 0.01% of chance of breaking

Like it?

Moukdaboss1426888077484995

Board footer