Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 Before February 2015

minecraftph1537

Re: PaintMEE

Map Submission

Name : Alien Mines
Creator/s : minecraftph1537/minecraftph1537no2 ( Both are my accounts )
Link : http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWzRQf6CDMbkI

I hope you like my world, I will try to make more , Thank you !

Last edited by minecraftph1537 (Oct 5 2014 8:14:44 pm)

#27 Before February 2015

Thanel

PaintMEE changelog:
* Added new powerups:
     - Smaller paint
     - Color change
     - Eraser
     - Jail
     - Team trap
     - Platform
* Added new maps
* Some powerups now last longer
* Fixed bug with powerups not finishing correctly
* Fixed lot of other minor bugs

Thanks minecraftph1537 for your ideas and maps. I can't accept these 2 maps you shared as they don't meet the rules. I guess it's because they aren't that easy to uderstand (please help me improve it). Your maps are wrong because they have empty gravity blocks separated from rest by solid blocks. If people spawned there, they wouldn't be able to get to the rest of map.
In alien mines that place is on the right side where the skull decoration is and the second world has them between trees. You could just place black blocks here or connect them with rest of map and I will be able to accept your maps //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Confusion powerups is an interesting idea. Added it to my to-do.
As others have said locking player in one place is same as trapping them, so I see no reason in adding this powerup.

About gamemodes I like the greyscale idea and I'll try to add it to the game. Dynamic one is not really what I want. I'm not really into mixing few teams to work together. It doesn't sound interesting or fun.

EDIT:

minecraftph1537 wrote:

And also, I have one more suggestion :
Please put the map list in the website so we can check it, and have ideas of what are the maps in this game .

I'm not sure how should I do this. Getting images of all the maps and putting them on website seems like too much, and only names with creators doesn't tell anything...

Last edited by Thanel (Oct 6 2014 3:56:11 am)

#28 Before February 2015

minecraftph1537

Thanks for your reply ! ..

EDIT :

And yea , I already changed the maps and filled the separated blocks . Thank you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by minecraftph1537 (Oct 6 2014 4:01:28 am)

#29 Before February 2015

Thanel

minecraftph1537 wrote:

And yea , I already changed the maps and filled the separated blocks . Thank you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Ok great, added the maps //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#30 Before February 2015

Kangxp

Suggestions for the game:
General
- Add a sign, preferably near the spawn-point, to say which team won that round (for non-chatters)

In-game Effects
- Switch (permanent): Force a random player from another team to work for your team for the round.
- Erase others [very rare]: Erases all colors but your team color from the playing area.
- Mud/Water bomb: Creates an area filled with mud/water (5 seconds).
- Duplicate: When the next coin is going to spawn, two coins spawn instead of one.
- Protect [rare]: Other players cannot paint over your team color (5 seconds).

derp
go watch mlp
everyone will be proud of u
just search "mlp sweep"

#31 Before February 2015

Thanel

Kangxp

Add a sign, preferably near the spawn-point, to say which team won that round (for non-chatters)
- Already planning to do that

Switch (permanent): Force a random player from another team to work for your team for the round.
- I don't want permanent powerups

Erase others [very rare]: Erases all colors but your team color from the playing area.
- There is no rarity with current system of powerups and I don't plan to add one, but I think I might add this powerup

Mud/Water bomb: Creates an area filled with mud/water (5 seconds).
- Will do

Duplicate: When the next coin is going to spawn, two coins spawn instead of one.
- Not really useful

Protect [rare]: Other players cannot paint over your team color (5 seconds).
- Already someone suggested that idea, so because it seems to be popular I'll add it.

minecraftph1537

Swamp Terror
I don't like this maps. It takes long time to get from one place to another because of mud and vines, which makes it not fun.

#32 Before February 2015

minecraftph1537

Yea, I thought of that too , well I'll just make another one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#33 Before February 2015

some woman

Coin Effects
Decrease Clock: Some blocks are taken out from the timer. Does not spawn any coins from orange blocks being taken out, though.
Increase Clock: Some blocks are added back to the timer. Does not place any orange blocks.
Freeze Clock: Temporarily stops the clock, and stops editing anywhere in the game zone (except to place backgrounds).
Star Gun (rare): Press space to fire stars! Hold a direction while pressing space to fire it in a set direction. If you don't hold a direction, the stars will go in the last direction you pressed. If somebody (besides you) gets hit by a star, a 5x5 area of paint around them will be erased!
Fill in the Blank: Replaces all blank blocks with your color. Can be extremely helpful early in the match, and not so helpful later.
Paint Gun (a tiny bit less rare than the Star Gun): Fires 1x1 paint! Works like the Star Gun. Bullets will appear as Normal BG instead of Dark BG (or the other way around)
Alternate for Blue Coins: 15% of the time, when someone picks up a coin, the bot will announce that it's a Blue Coin! Then, a negative coin effect happens on the user who picked it up. To make up for this, though, good coins will then spawn closer to you and Blue Coins will spawn farther away from you.

Last edited by some man (Oct 7 2014 7:13:15 am)

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#34 Before February 2015

RavaTroll

Name: Tower of Paintoll
Creator: Ravatroll
Level link: everybodyedits.com/games/PWBrJjLt9wa0I

Not sure about the glasses, though it could be fun it may be misleading.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#35 Before February 2015

Thanel

some man

Clock powerups:
- These are really interesting ideas. Currently timer doesn't support changing itself from outside, but I will make sure to add this. I didn't think of powerups like that before //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
Guns:
This is more like idea for another bot and not to PaintMEE. Not going to add this.
Fill in the Blank:
- Nice one.

I'm still not sure about the blue coins. I think this idea is much better than the other one. We could make it 50% chance for good or bad powerups so collecting blue coins could be risky or rewariding if we add some very helpful powerups here... I definetly have to think about this still but this is really close to what I want to have.
Spawning closer or further away from players is not useful at all, people can recogninse blue and gold coins easily.

Ravatroll

Great map. Glasses aren't that much misleading. They add some more fun to game as players can't be sure what color is behind them. I have to do some map with use of more glasses //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#36 Before February 2015

some woman

Coin Effects
Erase Bomb: It's the same as the regular Paint Bomb, except it erases BGs, it's at least 6x6, and it happens near a user of an opposing team. It's kind of what I was getting at with the Star Gun.
Bouncy: Places a boost block on you every time you touch a solid block. The direction of the boost block depends on which side of the block you touched.

Other
Kick Bimps, he's afking way too long and he hasn't even !afked //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Last edited by some man (Oct 7 2014 6:36:54 pm)

#37 Before February 2015

minecraftph1537

Here, I have Improved my map !

Name : Wilder West
Creators : Still me ( minecraftph1537no2 )
Map Link : http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWKBD990rNbkI

Thank you very much //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Also , can I clear the map that I used for making my maps after you have accepted and implemented it ? So I can make another map and conserve space ?

Last edited by minecraftph1537 (Oct 8 2014 4:20:17 am)

#38 Before February 2015

Thanel

And again powerup ideas by some man. I see that you have lot of them. That's great //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
I'll add erase bomb and think about bouncy thing. It might be interesting.

minecraftph1537: Yes you can clear these maps, they are already added so I don't need them. Btw I see that your maps are getting better and better. This one is really nice to look at. Keep that up //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

EDIT:

I see that now we can change background color of the world. If any of you has ideas how we could use that in PaintMEE then please share them with me ^^

Last edited by Thanel (Oct 8 2014 6:51:31 am)

#39 Before February 2015

theditor

cool bot but bored of it already :/ isnt very addictive

Last edited by theditor (Oct 8 2014 9:37:47 am)

#40 Before February 2015

Creature

New powerups idea:
-Random blocks: Will place random blocks around the level, after a determinated time, it dissapears.
-Team teleport: Teleport everyone from determinated team.
-Team contribution: Makes everyone from determinated team work together with other.
-Random paint: Randomly paint level from a determinated color.

This is a false statement.

#41 Before February 2015

some woman

Misc
Achievements: Like in bArena, you would get achievements (which you could view by typing !achievements) for doing specific things.

Achievements
Policeman: Jail 5 people (using coins).
Solo: Win a round being the only one in your team.
Independent: Win 5 rounds being the only one in your team.
Forever Alone: Win 10 rounds being the only one in your team.
Beat him at his own game: Score a higher place than Thanel in a round.
Seeing the world through rose-colored glasses: Play on Red 5 times.
Blue is the new black: Play on Darkblue 5 times.
thx lb: Play on Lightblue 5 times.
Purple!: Play on Purple 5 times.
Green thumb: Play on Green 5 times.
If it's yellow: Play on Yellow 5 times.
Grey!: Play on Grey 5 times.

#42 Before February 2015

xKiran

Would be cool if you actually present us all the maps, so we can choose the one we like.. or not

Also you should change maps every rounds for less boringness

#43 Before February 2015

minecraftph1537

While I am making another map ..

Here are my suggestions :

*The background update can be used to let non chatters know the winning team . The background will flash yellow If yellow wins the round , And then turns back to black background .

*Instead of having a trap powerup , everyone trapped must only go to the jail .

*Please put a sign above the playing area that tells non chatters " Map name and Creator " so people can have idea of what map they are looking at .

*I don't like the top view maps that much ( The maps that are filled with gravity blocks ). But , It is just my opinion .

*Please expand red teams base :3 Hahah

Power-ups :

The Half - Cuts the map in half, puts a line of blocks in the middle of the map

The Fourth - Cuts the map in one fourths , puts a line of blocks in the middle of the map horizontally and vertically

Jail Party - Everyone goes to jail //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile , Only useful for consuming time .

#44 Before February 2015

Ziggurat

Name: Zero-Grav Prospecting
Creator(s): Just me, ZIGGURAT
Link: http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWSgT3yo_cbkI

Also, a random thought? Could your bot implement background colors? Obviously, colors that aren't a team, but could it? That'd add a neat aspect to it.

Last edited by Ziggurat (Oct 9 2014 7:02:34 am)

#45 Before February 2015

Froz

For the record, having the erasing ability doesn't help the person who has it. I'd much rather be putting my color on top of my opponent color rather than just erasing it. Also, when you're winning, the erasing ability usually erases your own color. Don't really think the powerup makes that much sense. Idk, just my opinion.

#46 Before February 2015

Thanel

Creature:
All ideas except for random paint are nice. Adding to my todo.

some man:
Sorry but I don't want to implement achievements.

xKiran:
How could I do that, so you can see all the maps?
I'll maybe make it so maps only last 2 rounds. Every round seems too often, or not...

minecraftph1537:
* background update - Yes I'll do something like this later
* Trap powerup stays here.
* Added sign telling creator and name of the map //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
* Ok I'll try to expand red base somehow.
* The half and fourth - nice ideas
* That's interesting thing. I'll make it for blue coins that I should start work on some day ^^

Ziggurat
I don't like this map. It has too many thin corridors that make it hard to play.

After checking ziggurat's map I got idea that map suggestions could also have rgb color which would be set when the map is built. That could be nice improvement.

New submissions could work like this:
Name: (Name of your map - What you want the PaintMEE to display when selecting your level)
Creators: (People who made the map)
Level link: (Link to the level)
Background: (Hex color code) [optional]

where background doesn't have to be specified.
Should I add that? It would be set only when game is running. Otherwise it would be color of the team that won.

EDIT:

Froz wrote:

For the record, having the erasing ability doesn't help the person who has it. I'd much rather be putting my color on top of my opponent color rather than just erasing it. Also, when you're winning, the erasing ability usually erases your own color. Don't really think the powerup makes that much sense. Idk, just my opinion.

That's true. I'll make it only work with blue coins which can give you also negative colors.

(I'll probably add blue coins tommorow)

Last edited by Thanel (Oct 9 2014 10:49:22 am)

#47 Before February 2015

skullz17

Light blue isn't light blue. It's cyan.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#48 Before February 2015

some woman

Make it so the BG is always the color of who won the last round, except for when a round is going on or the bot is off.

#49 Before February 2015

minecraftph1537

Yeaaa

Name : Tree of Glass
Creator/s : Still me ( minecraftph1537no2 )
Map Link : http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWTZ4tA3nMbkI
Background : REMOVED

Thank you .. Is wilder west already on the map list ?

Last edited by minecraftph1537 (Oct 10 2014 6:47:44 pm)

#50 Before February 2015

some woman

minecraftph1537 wrote:

Yeaaa

Name : Tree of Glass
Creator/s : Still me ( minecraftph1537no2 )
Map Link : http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWTZ4tA3nMbkI
Background : #153700 Dark Green

Thank you .. Is wilder west already on the map list ?

It is, I saw it last time I was there.

Thanel1423815824145608

Board footer