Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#151 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

Re: Bring Back Beta [Petition]

wikipedia wrote:

Beta
Beta, named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet, is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it.
The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software, willing to test the software without charge[1], often receiving the final software free of charge or for a reduced price[2]. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, prototype, technical preview (TP), or early access.[3] Some software is kept in perpetual beta?where new features and functionality are continually added to the software without establishing a firm "final" release.

[1]:
Just telling ya, fail.
[2]:
You see? Beta members are getting rewarded. Lold there..
[3]:
That´s what beta in EE should be, prototype technical preview or early access.
It is used to prevent things like the (up-to-date) massive chat spamming some users are crying about.
If the EETeam had made open chat first beta, and got through this feedback from the community they would have included tabs on the release of chat.

Beta is used to be "the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it".
Beta is used to prevent "many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss."

Thats why i want beta back. BC has nothing to do with Beta. Its not even nearly the same.

wikipedia wrote:

Impact of the World Wide Web
As the Internet has facilitated rapid and inexpensive distribution of software, companies have begun to take a looser approach to use of the word "beta". In February 2005 ZDNet published an article about the recent phenomenon of a beta version often staying for years and being used as if it were in production level, disparagingly called "perpetual beta". It noted that Gmail and Google News, for example, had been in beta for a long period of time and were not expected to drop the beta status despite the fact that they were widely used; however, Google News did leave beta in January 2006, followed by Google Apps, including Gmail, in July 2009. This technique may allow a developer to delay offering full support and responsibility for remaining issues. In the context of Web 2.0, people even talk of perpetual betas to signify that some software is meant to stay in beta state. Also, "beta" is sometimes used to indicate something more like a release candidate, or as a form of time-limited demo, or marketing technique.[4]

[4]:
The old EE Beta is a mix between this and the above one, though. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink!

wikipedia wrote:

Release candidate
A release candidate (RC) is a beta version with potential to be a final product, which is ready to release unless significant bugs emerge. In this stage of product stabilization, all product features have been designed, coded and tested through one or more beta cycles with no known showstopper-class bug. A release is called code complete when the development team agrees that no entirely new source code will be added to this release. There could still be source code changes to fix defects, changes to documentation and data files, and peripheral code for test cases or utilities. Beta testers, if privately selected, will often be credited for using the release candidate as though it were a finished product. Beta testing is conducted in a client's or customer's location and to test the software from a user's perspective.

---------------------
Cheers, Mylo!
Quotes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_r … life_cycle

#152 Before February 2015

bgic

jan12345 is an in-game name

#153 Before February 2015

Redhat

hey, my name isn't there yet?
RedHat

LEVfOrl.png

#154 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

tomkazaz wrote:

Make a survey. You'll get much better results rather than just a few meaningless names..

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QWB3X9B

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#155 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

Added:
Supershadow30
Squad/squadfs
RedHat
Xdsztron
rocatox

Also...
THREE MORE SPOTS ON THE PETITION! Be sure to get it or you will miss out on this chance to support and possibly revive beta!
If your name HAS NOT been proven for the game (meaning there is no profile, [which is what I am assuming] you were banned, or your profile was private and didn't bother to tell, OR YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO READ THE OP'S LITTLE RED LINE), you will be kicked off the list unless you can give me your official in-game name.

Last edited by gregregreg (May 9 2013 6:31:39 am)

Signature last updated 7 Feb 2020 2:08 AM PST (-8 UTC)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14
Best of luck to you all in your lives. Thanks for all the good times.

~greg³

#156 Before February 2015

DBear

Can I sign up for this? I hate everything the builder's club stands for. In-game name is Danni.

Please, call me Danni.
NNID: DanniDearest
MK8 or Splatoon, brah.
EOnu2OZ.png

#157 Before February 2015

Marios

I also want Beta back. Beta is rare now and worst part is that beta worlds rarely appear anymore.

So sign me.

Last edited by Marios (May 10 2013 12:11:31 pm)

#158 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

why do you limit places in the petition? isnt it it good as hell if more people than needed are in there? ...

#159 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

I am making a sign about this soo-oooon.

#160 Before February 2015

Icy

Sign me up, name is the same as on forums.

#161 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

Animation MADE! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#162 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

Updated OP, but too lazy to update the names. So....Yeah.

Notes:
Added Banners

If you had already made a banner (or finished one after), notify me via PM.

Last edited by gregregreg (May 13 2013 12:36:47 am)

Basically inactive but I'll come in sometimes and yeah who the funk am I kidding I don't visit here anymore. check out my totally legit avi tho I made it when I was like 14

~greg³

#163 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

Do i get prize for making an animated banner? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#164 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

ABC Boy wrote:

Do i get prize for making an animated banner? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Um...sure. How about a cookie?
c2BeAde.png

~greg³

#165 Before February 2015

xxAlex18xx

Add me to the list.

#166 Before February 2015

HAXOREX

Can I sign? My name is HAXOREX on EE too.

#167 Before February 2015

theditor

Why do you even try? Beta won't be brought back, whatever you'd do for it, you just can't change MrShoe's mind so easily :/ ..

#168 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

Added:
? Marios
? Icy Kicked freaknik off the list in-world.
? xxAlex18xx/alex18 Kicked abcdfgt off the list in-world. Is not on the in-world list.
? HAXOREX Is not on the in-world list.
? ZeldaXD Is not on the in-world list.
Notes:
? Any new additions will NOT be added to the world, as there is no more room.
? First PM's for a request to e-mail MrShoe/Void/Chris will begin on 19 May 2013.
? Any people that were kicked off the in-world list will still be supporters, however, they will: a.) Not have their name in the world, and b.) Be the first people that are off the world. (Which means place number 61 is gone.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mylo: I'm not, I'm only limiting the amount of names on the in-world list.
theditor: Well, we don't know if we don't try, now do we?

Last edited by gregregreg (May 19 2013 10:16:47 am)

~greg³

#169 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

Why do you not start a second world..? the whole place limitation thing is not really what a petition does ...

#170 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

Mylo: I read dat link in your sign.. And wow... That chris is bragging for stealing our money spent on EE... I understand why you joined.

#171 Before February 2015

Mylo
Master Developer

ABC Boy wrote:

Mylo: I read dat link in your sign.. And wow... That chris is bragging for stealing our money spent on EE... I understand why you joined.

thats why the link is there - i am just looking through the forums - nothing else anymore.

#172 Before February 2015

midevilangel

ok as for people saying that beta should be in and BC should be out, as for one person mentioned there is a chain reaction of money there and one person i forget name i'm too lazy to get the name said that that it could go other way around, WHICH is true but is highly unlikely cause they will see profits going down anyways. and guys you dont NEED to buy BC, its not like its mandatory and is a must in the game, no one is forcing you to. i say they should both be in and have them sort of have a surpirour system...   sort of like how it went from beta --> normal people
so first would go BC, they will odviously have it first with no need to buy which is a + to have them be the first testers.   they are also more expensive no matter what than beta even if the one month was pernament ist still 1 dollar more.
next will go to beta for same reason since they also spent money and blah blah blah you get the point
then goes normal players.
if you want you can put me on the list but i'm on the maybe side

as for me i did buy BC for a year when it was on SALE , yes for those who complained its too expensive just wait for the sale to come then its cheap for a year and a year is still a long time so just save up another 35 dollars then on the same day it iwll most likely be there again for the same price then tadah you got it for the same price of a year and a year is a long time so its no complaining over.

One thing i do think they should add to BC since the fact is its really rarethis to prevail and happen of what we want to have it come back. i think that when you GET BC, you the beta bricks forever! and same with the smilies with it. it will keep it all fair and it will keep the fairness of people who never got the chance to keep beta of who which just need to pay 1 dollar more than normal (tax maybe who knows) and still gets the signs and infinite stuff for the month atleast   and its an added bonus and for those about what happens with the worlds? well remember the trial of BC? i made a world and i opned people came so you can still use it just dont delete any spikes cause then u will need to use an alternative... well as i said you dont need to put me on the list i'm on the maybe side

#173 Before February 2015

Terence22205

You guys know that beta is still obtainable. Right?

#174 Before February 2015

gregregreg
Website

Terence22205 wrote:

You do realize that: a.) Not every EE player goes on the forums. And b.) Not everyone can use a bot/access that site that is linked in hummerz5's signature. Right?

~greg³

#175 Before February 2015

Terence22205

gregregreg wrote:
Terence22205 wrote:

You do realize that: a.) Not every EE player goes on the forums. And b.) Not everyone can use a bot/access that site that is linked in hummerz5's signature. Right?

k then.

If you actually expect a result from this "petition" though you're going to be disappointed.

gregregreg142393394327489

Board footer