Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#151 Before February 2015

abrar11

Re: EE Guardian

Sensei1 wrote:

Some people are talking about guardians editing worlds. Why would a guardian need to be able to edit worlds?

Well I'm guessing imagine if theres nude pics or innapropriate stuff

#152 Before February 2015

Helvi

The best way is to pick the 3 or 4 physical oldest EE gamers for this task : ) No discussion needed anymore.

For having this brilliant idea I will of course start in telling my age of - 28.
Cheers.

Serious,
we should all wait for an official announcement regarding the whole guardian stuff. Every kind of discussion, spreading rumors etc will just build up false hopes.

Hi.

#153 Before February 2015

blizzard

Helvi wrote:

The best way is to pick the 3 or 4 physical oldest EE gamers for this task : ) No discussion needed anymore.

For having this brilliant idea I will of course start in telling my age of - 28.
Cheers.

Serious,
we should all wait for an official announcement regarding the whole guardian stuff. Every kind of discussion, spreading rumors etc will just build up false hopes.

I agree to a point.We don't want some raging 10 year old as guardian.But I still think that if some major pros get guardian they are gonna be like "this looks horrible" and edit it...IDC if they make it look better or not,   its still MY world and they have no right to edit anything let alone get edit PERIOD.Also , what if they "dislike" one of my friends and kickd them?That's also policing my world and being biased.I don't need a guardian , im perfectly happy doing /kick /mute or /visible false myself WITHOUT the help of some random guy , even if they are pro.

*edit* DONT WE HAVE TO FEW PLAYERS ANYWAY? Big change always takes some users away...

Last edited by Blizzard101 (Jul 15 2014 3:54:50 pm)

#154 Before February 2015

Anch

That why I said to pick a guy with no friends.

#155 Before February 2015

blizzard

anch159 wrote:

Anybody on ee with no friends is rank 1.

#156 Before February 2015

Master1

Blizzard101 wrote:
anch159 wrote:

and rank matters why? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
-
also it's kind of difficult to pick someone with no friends, unless they are new users just joining today. Everyone has made friends at some point.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#157 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

god helvi, you and your adult privilege (dontkillmeplsiwasntsrs)
i take it none of you have heard that justice is supposed to be blind? regardless of how blind justice is in other places, in EE it won't end up corrupt or something lol

(if you ban me ill fite u irl...
if u dont ban me i will give u 9999 gems
this won't work)

and if someone gives a friend or enemy an unfair trial, who's one misguided idiot to stop an intelligent majority of judges? nothing

Last edited by Fdoou (Jul 15 2014 8:22:10 pm)

#158 Before February 2015

Bobyy

Tako wrote:
Bobyy wrote:

I would go with Tako's list of people because they're all trustworthy.

I made a list of people?

Yes. I meant say Doctor Downes sorry

SHwZksb.png  Thanks Bobithan for the sig, love it <3  5d16ccdd4a.png e62a2a5b45.png "You will never know how valuable a thing or a person is...until its not with you anymore, then you`ll regret..."

#159 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Nothing is being done with this until at least August 4th.

Discord: jawp#5123

#160 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

anch159 wrote:

But hey, does "friends" really affect one's fairness? If so, are all the lawyers and policemen unfair, or do they have no friends of all? I don't think so.

But obviously, it would be someone who is mature, knowing the rules, and will not accept any bribes, etc. "No friends" is a ridiculous criterion.

#161 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

grats abc boy, you just summarized my post

#162 Before February 2015

ABC Boy

Fdoou wrote:

grats abc boy, you just summarized my post

Oh wait, didn't see your post XS

#163 Before February 2015

blizzard

Master1 wrote:
Blizzard101 wrote:
anch159 wrote:

and rank matters why? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
-
also it's kind of difficult to pick someone with no friends, unless they are new users just joining today. Everyone has made friends at some point.

That's about what I said.

#164 Before February 2015

Anch

I'm kidding when I say pick someone with no friends. I was just trying to say someone who isn't (very) biased.

#165 Before February 2015

TiKen

Well, my friend list is empty.

#166 Before February 2015

Benje00

Someone who has no friends generally should not become a guardian.   If you play EE and have no friends it either means,

1. You aren't friendly
2. You aren't involved in the community.
3. Nobody knows you.

I feel that everyone has a few friends.   If you don't then that means you are one or more of the above and therefore not qualified to be a guardian (except maybe the last one, but I feel that will not be the case with the soon-to-be guardians).

Last edited by Benje00 (Jul 16 2014 7:13:26 pm)

#167 Before February 2015

Calicara

Benje00 wrote:

Someone who has no friends generally should not become a guardian.   If you play EE and have no friends it either means,

1. You aren't friendly
2. You aren't involved in the community.
3. Nobody knows you.

I feel that everyone has a few friends.   If you don't then that means you are one or more of the above and therefore not qualified to be a guardian (except maybe the last one, but I feel that will not be the case with the soon-to-be guardians).

I think what is meant here is that, instead of hiring a random player, whom the creators never have (and probably never will) meet, they should hire someone locally who is not a part of the EE community.
I understand the community tends, or at least used to, play a huge role in the development of the game, but overall I think moderation would be better if instead of choosing an EE player they just hired a new local moderator to work directly with them at Cape Copenhagen. Of course, this could go good or bad depending on who it is. RPGMaster2000, IMO, has so far been the best moderator. MrShoe on the other hand has not been so great.
It should also be considered most of the best canidates, assuming we're still picking from EE players, have lives outside of EE. Since this guardian position, as far as I'm aware, is an unpaid and completely voluntary position, I doubt even if the best players were contacted they would want to take the role on anyways. Not that I would ever be a guardian, but even if I was chosen from an elite group of players I'd decline simply due to that fact that there are better things to do with my life. Unless I was getting paid, which would be an entirely different story.
That's just my two cents though...

Last edited by Calicara (Jul 17 2014 5:19:54 am)

#168 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

but I wonder, will they do it? it's the best solution

#169 Before February 2015

blizzard

Fdoou wrote:

but I wonder, will they do it? it's the best solution

Can't wait to see you when someone you don't know or hate comes in flying around your world kicking your friends for their own emotional problems , and editting the world for their own pleasure to get credit.I bet the only reason why you want this is because your hoping to be nominated.

#170 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

you did read what failgirl wrote, right?

I don't think you read what she wrote at all. I'll give you one more try.

#171 Before February 2015

blizzard

Fdoou wrote:

you did read what failgirl wrote, right?

I don't think you read what she wrote at all. I'll give you one more try.

I'll be quoting that when MrShoe chooses ee guardians inside the community.

#172 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Brian will be back on August 4th, I doubt anything will happen until that date.

#173 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

you do realize MrShoe has not been seen* since the vacation, it's all brian and void

Last edited by Fdoou (Jul 17 2014 4:53:20 pm)

#174 Before February 2015

abrar11

Fdoou wrote:

you do realize MrShoe has not been seen* since the vacation, it's all brian and void

MrVoid has been seen?

#175 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

yes in fact he had

abrar1114239592012231

Board footer