Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 Before February 2015

sthegreat

Re: EE Guardian

JaWapa wrote:
sthegreat wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

They based on immature 15 year olds. You can be an immature 16 year old and be fine.
I think what he's getting at is he doesn't want children running the game.

Well I understand, but I think it's unfair to base weather or not I could be a "guardian" on my age.

Definitely, but if you look at half the player base, it's a bunch of immature 11 year olds. He's just generalizing. He's also getting sick of all the emails from people. There is only a hand full of people that he doesn't mind getting emails from.

I have never emailed him in my life, because I don't want to bother him. I understand that he's generalizing, but if I decide that I would like to become a "guardian" at some point, I don't want to be rejected because I'm twelve.

Last edited by sthegreat (Jul 12 2014 11:13:30 am)

user.php?id=sthegreat

#102 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

I don't know how moderators decide on what to do with reports, but I think if there is concern over people being biased, you could have some kind of panel of 20-30 people who vote on all the reports.

Last edited by GKAbyss (Jul 12 2014 11:32:21 am)

#103 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

20-30 moderators? are you insane? There's conflict over getting 3-6!

Discord: jawp#5123

#104 Before February 2015

abrar11

GKAbyss wrote:

I don't know how moderators decide on what to do with reports, but I think if there is concern over people being biased, you could have some kind of panel of 20-30 people who vote on all the reports.

Guardians have to view reports and act upon them //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#105 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Not every report should be acted on... Not every report needs to result in someone being banned...
That's what it's going to turn into to.

#106 Before February 2015

abrar11

JaWapa wrote:

Not every report should be acted on... Not every report needs to result in someone being banned...
That's what it's going to turn into to.

I dont think every report will get banned like the troll ones they will probably just give warnings eventually to a ban

#107 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

You see, the problem also is the look of the Guardian, it should look more pimp:

sO05J0G.png

~Gold Sunglasses
~Gold name text
~Automatic crown
~Cool red speech text

/Alex

#108 Before February 2015

abrar11

Alexthementalone wrote:

You see, the problem also is the look of the Guardian, it should look more pimp:

~Gold Sunglasses
~Gold name text
~Automatic crown
~Cool red speech text

/Alex

It shouldn't thats just 'attention hogging' //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#109 Before February 2015

Anch

And the gold sunglasses are hard to see.

#110 Before February 2015

Jabatheblob1

Let alone the red text looks intimidating. I am scared for my life.

If you would like me to make a bot for you, go here.

#111 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

Jabatheblob1 wrote:

Let alone the red text looks intimidating. I am scared for my life.

Well then it would scare players from arguing because of dealing with the consequences, see problem resolved. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

/Alex

#112 Before February 2015

sthegreat

Alexthementalone wrote:

~Gold Sunglasses
~Gold name text
~Automatic crown
~Cool red speech text

/Alex

Please no.

user.php?id=sthegreat

#113 Before February 2015

abrar11

Updated the OP giving more information about Guardians at the moment

#114 Before February 2015

GKAbyss

JaWapa wrote:

20-30 moderators? are you insane? There's conflict over getting 3-6!

From what I see there seems to be concern over bias by the moderators, and I think having a panel of many people would prevent that.

#115 Before February 2015

Anch

Guy's these guys aren't moderators. They are players with more power and a cool color and a cool aura. Kick someone from your world if it makes you feel better.

#116 Before February 2015

abrar11

anch159 wrote:

Guy's these guys aren't moderators. They are players with more power and a cool color and a cool aura. Kick someone from your world if it makes you feel better.

Technically they are half mod idk if mods can ban or if its admins that can but yeah they basically are

#117 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

abrar11 wrote:
anch159 wrote:

Technically they are half mod idk if mods can ban or if its admins that can but yeah they basically are

I doubt you'll be able to kick them.

#118 Before February 2015

abrar11

Meredith wrote:
abrar11 wrote:
anch159 wrote:

I doubt you'll be able to kick them.

That's to OP then for some kids they haven't met and probably will never meet irl

#119 Before February 2015

Honeybuckles44

Doctor_downes wrote:

Honestly, this is probably going to end badly.

It is going to be the ones that I trust the least and they'll probably abuse it.
(Eyes on Meredith, Abrar11, Russell and the "hacking" community).

If this is EVER fully implemented, I would make the age restriction aged 21+
Mainly because they know how to respect stuff and won't get power hungry.

There are only a few people that I trust on EE and out of them, only a few are mature enough to host such powers. These are:
Boh,
Lictor666,
Mihb,
Cyph1e,
Thanel,
Aoitenshi,
Polis,
Helvi.

I may have missed a couple, but those, for me are the only suitable ones.

I think there is a good candidate in this list, being Mihb, but the rest are just your own biased opinion.
I think the best way to decide who would be good for this would be to elect and mention some of the people who are seriously involved in this game, have been or still are, and who the people are who have added the most to the game over the years by just playing it and doing as much as they can as a registered user. Such as Mihb yes, MFL, mustang as well as Atilla have also added so much and also put a lot of effort into what they are doing. As well as people who are nice to everyone and have no biased side to them, like Macandcheese or OrangeCrix. This is just my opinion anyways, it would suck to be banned because someone simply does not like you, or because they are power hungry. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Last edited by Honeybuckles44 (Jul 12 2014 8:14:44 pm)

#120 Before February 2015

Insanity

If anything, there should be an 18+ age limit, I feel like it should be the players that are specifically known for their unbiasedness and maturity.

My list:

Creative
Orangecrix
Boh
Polis
Mihb
Kankurou
Gkabyss

There are probably a lot more people perfect to be candidates I simply don't know them.

Btw, if this idea does happen (which I hope it doesn't), there should be a board of members that should be able to revoke and appoint moderator powers accordingly so that nobody abuses it.

Just my 2 cents.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#121 Before February 2015

abrar11

1nsanity wrote:

If anything, there should be an 18+ age limit, I feel like it should be the players that are specifically known for their unbiasedness and maturity.

My list:

Creative
Orangecrix
Boh
Polis
Mihb
Kankurou
Gkabyss

There are probably a lot more people perfect to be candidates I simply don't know them.

Btw, if this idea does happen (which I hope it doesn't), there should be a board of members that should be able to revoke and appoint moderator powers accordingly so that nobody abuses it.

Just my 2 cents.

It's already happened just no one is it yet

#122 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Actually, it's all subject to change. Nothing is set in stone.

#123 Before February 2015

sthegreat

How about anyone who wants to be a "Guardian" (If they add them) has to write a forum application at a certain time. The application would include theoretical questions, why you should be a "Guardian" (I honestly think they should simply be "Moderators" and the orange-name people will be admins), and other things to prove your maturity and how well you would do as a "Guardian". I also think it would be much more unbiased if we have at least 10-15 of these "Guardians" at a time.

Note: I got the application idea from the minecraft server mc.ecocitycraft.com so I'm giving them credit here.

user.php?id=sthegreat

#124 Before February 2015

abrar11

sthegreat wrote:

How about anyone who wants to be a "Guardian" (If they add them) has to write a forum application at a certain time. The application would include theoretical questions, why you should be a "Guardian" (I honestly think they should simply be "Moderators" and the orange-name people will be admins), and other things to prove your maturity and how well you would do as a "Guardian". I also think it would be much more unbiased if we have at least 10-15 of these "Guardians" at a time.

Note: I got the application idea from the minecraft server mc.ecocitycraft.com so I'm giving them credit here.

I think they should do a skype call because they can actually tell if the person they are reviewing are mature enough

#125 Before February 2015

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

abrar11 wrote:
sthegreat wrote:

I think they should do a skype call because they can actually tell if the person they are reviewing are mature enough

I think the only people who should be brought in, are the people that are already trusted... Then there is little to worry about. Then again, if they would do it themselves...

abrar1114239592012231

Board footer